• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena, Goddess of Light: Moveset Speculation

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I hope you can set a different moveset to different alt colors, so that I can just choose a specific Palutena how I like instead of going to a moveset editor every time I want to use Barrier instead of counter

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I'm theorizing she is a charge character of sorts. Kind of like Zeus in Playstation All-Stars. It's pretty much the only way I can justify so many good options, besides bad normal movement.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
So I was a curious about the site redisign and I read this
http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry2.html

Customise Special Moves
Each fighter possesses four special moves: standard special, side special, up special, and down special. Each of these can be customised, however, so there are three variations for each direction. This means there are two classifications for special moves: basic and custom.
However, Mii Fighters and Palutena don't have spin-off variations, but rather completely unique types of attacks.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
This was confirmed during the round table, but it's good to have a solid proof against those who says "DUH SHE'S OP" :awesome:

I do hope that Reflect and Heavenly light are her "normal" special moves. I simply love them.
Ah, I missed the roundtable, it was just too late, any links to it? pls:sadeyes:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Personally I worked out

B- Heavenly Light,Auto Reticle, Celestial Fireworks
>B-Explosive Flame, Super Speed, Angelic Missle
^B-Warp, Rocket Jump, Jump Glide
vB-Reflect, Counter, Lightweight

Down B is counters and buffs (which is standard)
Up B are obvious recovery moves
Side B are attacks that hit to the side
Neutral B being stuff near her/misc.

Suffice to say, I'm loving the possible counterpick options she has.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Personally I worked out

I think that Heavenly light would be a down b. Light weight would be a side b. Explosive Flame would be neutral b imo. It could be a seeking move kinda like Sonics neutral B. Other than those 3 things I agree with that list.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Personally I worked out

Now that we have the confirmation that her special attacks are customizations, I'd like to see this in the OP like every other moveset speculation thread. Even if we're not entirely sure yet, that's why it's a speculation thread.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Palutena and Pac-Man are both very confusing to pinpoint.

I really hope Palutena is playable online. It'd be kind of unfair if she couldn't be.
Miis on the other hand make sense.

andimidna

Smash Master
I went through the whole trailer, man there was a lot of stuff there that was confusing... here's what I saw in order:

side/back dodge
side tilt/smash
taunt #1
walk (not at full speed)
?
run
walk (full speed)
side tilt
grab
pummel (many times)
forward throw
grab
pummel (once)
back throw
dash attack
up tilt/smash (not full charge)
up/back/forward air
?
Heavenly Light- up tilt/smash (full charge)
Explosive Flame- side special?
Warp- ?
Rocket Jump- up special
Reflect- neutral special
Auto reticle- ?
Jump Glide- ?
Counter- Down Special
Super Speed- ?
Angelic Missile- side special?
Celestial Fireworks- Up tilt?
Lightweight- run?
Black hole- Final Smash
Mega Laser- Final Smash continued
taunt #2
taunt #3

It's like she has 2 sets of moves...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I went through the whole trailer, man there was a lot of stuff there that was confusing... here's what I saw in order:

side/back dodge
side tilt/smash
taunt #1
walk (not at full speed)
?
run
walk (full speed)
side tilt
grab
pummel (many times)
forward throw
grab
pummel (once)
back throw
dash attack
up tilt/smash (not full charge)
up/back/forward air
?
Heavenly Light- up tilt/smash (full charge)
Explosive Flame- side special?
Warp- ?
Rocket Jump- up special
Reflect- neutral special
Auto reticle- ?
Jump Glide- ?
Counter- Down Special
Super Speed- ?
Angelic Missile- side special?
Celestial Fireworks- Up tilt?
Lightweight- run?
Black hole- Final Smash
Mega Laser- Final Smash continued
taunt #2
taunt #3

It's like she has 2 sets of moves...
She kinda does. Each special has four unique moves that can be switched out.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Is there a mod for this sub-forum? I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I feel like there's a bunch of threads that deal with Palutena's moveset, stuff that should just be discussed here to avoid redundancy.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Trying to find a pattern with these Special Moves..
Up special Variations
Warp
Jump Glide
Rocket Jump
Reason: They are all Recovery moves

Neutral Special
Heavenly Light
Auto reticle
Explosive Flame
Reason: These don't seem to fit with the other three directional specials or ran out of room in the other directional specials :p

Side Special
Super Speed
Angelic Missile
Lightweight
Reson: These all seem to make Lady Palutena go to the right or left and would be weird (imo) for them to be anything else (ie think Ike's Side Special)

Down Special
Reflect (anti- projectile)
Celestial Fireworks (Anti-air)
Counter (anti-Attack)
Reason: They are counters for specific situations

A bit unsure about Neutral and Down Specials though the other two however are what i think they will be..

There isn't a Mod specifically for this Sub-forum. if there was there would be Moderators listed above "Watch Thread"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The only specials I do not for sure are Celestial Fireworks, Explosive Flame, and Auto Reticle.

Also, that small blue beam of light. I'm guessing it's an up tilt, maybe? And, forgive me for not knowing, but what does Lightweight even do?

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The only specials I do not for sure are Celestial Fireworks, Explosive Flame, and Auto Reticle.

Also, that small blue beam of light. I'm guessing it's an up tilt, maybe? And, forgive me for not knowing, but what does Lightweight even do?
In the game lightweight makes you faster and get tired less quickly, but it also makes you weaker. So that's probably what it does here: make you faster (than sanic) but easier to KO.
Beam of light definitely looks like an up tilt, I'd agree with that.

As for specials, if each one has three variations, I'm guessing:

Side B: Lightweight, Super Speed, Angelic Missile
Up B: Warp, Rocket Jump, Jumpglide
Down B: Reflect, Counter, Heavenly Light
Standard B: Auto-Reticle, Explosive Flame, Celestial Fireworks

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
In the game lightweight makes you faster and get tired less quickly, but it also makes you weaker. So that's probably what it does here: make you faster (than sanic) but easier to KO.
Beam of light definitely looks like an up tilt, I'd agree with that.

As for specials, if each one has three variations, I'm guessing:

Side B: Lightweight, Super Speed, Angelic Missile
Up B: Warp, Rocket Jump, Jumpglide
Down B: Reflect, Counter, Heavenly Light
Standard B: Auto-Reticle, Explosive Flame, Celestial Fireworks
I feel as if Heavenly Light is Neutral. It was shown on the site that Palutena and Kirby had the staff, and the way Palutena is positioned is identical to Heavenly Light's startup. I feel as if it's Neutral and Kirby can use it. Could it be possible that Lightweight is a down special?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I feel as if Heavenly Light is Neutral. It was shown on the site that Palutena and Kirby had the staff, and the way Palutena is positioned is identical to Heavenly Light's startup. I feel as if it's Neutral and Kirby can use it. Could it be possible that Lightweight is a down special?
I think Lightweight is a mobility move, and the way it was activated during her dash makes me think it'd be more comfortable for it to be side B. But that's definitely an arguable one.

Heavenly Light is one of those I'm extremely unsure about and placed as Down B by process of elimination and not having a clue what else could work as Down B. But if we moved around Explosive Flame to side B and Lightweight to down B then it could be standard B.

Btw, we should update the first post with moves we're more or less sure about. Like F-tilt, F-Smash, Up tilt, Down Smash, taunts, N-air, Dash attack, Grab, Final Smash and the more obvious specials. There's gifs of each one of those in the image gallery thread.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think Lightweight is a mobility move, and the way it was activated during her dash makes me think it'd be more comfortable for it to be side B. But that's definitely and arguable one.

Heavenly Light is one of those I'm extremely unsure about and placed as Down B by process of elimination and not having a clue what else could work as Down B. But if we moved around Explosive Flame to side B and Lightweight to down B then it could be standard B.

Btw, we should update the first post with moves we're more or less sure about. Like F-tilt, F-Smash, Up tilt, Down Smash, taunts, N-air, Dash attack, Grab, Final Smash and the more obvious specials. There's gifs of each one of those in the image gallery thread.
That there are. Actually, I'm writing an article about Palutena and I have a huge analysis of her moveset that I can put in. I'll make sure to do that :)

And my reasoning for Lightweight is that Palutena is already gliding faster than Sonic running in that clip, so I think she powered up using Down B and began to go. Just my guess, but you're right in that it is arguable.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think we can consider Reflect Barrier part of her default moveset since it was a move she used during the anime trailer.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I could also see Auto-Reticle being her default neutral B. It's an Uprising element and it's original.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No talk since over a month? Whaaah?

EDIT: Actually I might understand now. Maan, we could use more stuff showcasing Palutena.

Last edited:
Top Bottom