• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena and Mii Fighter Join the Smash Roster!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Glad that Anthony Del Rio and Alli Hillis are back as Pit and Palutena's voice actors, respectively.
EDIT: Strike that; sounds like a new VA for Palutena...

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Excited for both of these characters. I did not expect Miis to be honest but I did expect Palutena for many reasons. Glad they are a part of the roster.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I originally thought I'd hate Miis if they were in a Smash game. I'm okay with it now, but they're not my first pick, still.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Is it me or Palutena's attacks looks like Zelda's but overpowered? I don't like this new characters... I pray to be wrong.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
As I was writing the article, I noticed many of Palutena's attacks bear a resemblance to other Smashers' attacks. Like... her move pool is good, but I feel like it's just rehashed attacks from other characters. I guess I can't really say anything until I play as her.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
BROKEN,BROKEN!!!! Palutena makes Meta Knight look like the fairest character in the world! Also, Miis? Why?????!!!!! Well, guess I can play as L from DN.

andimidna

Smash Master
Opinion time:
-Miis are still a waste, worst newcomer so far-- the majority did not want them and their contributions are lackluster in comparison to every other newcomer and even every veteran except Toon Link
-They made Miis better than any of their fans were able to come up with
-Palutena is the best Smash news this year, and is the 2nd best newcomer overall
-The (7?) Palutena Detractors left after all of the hints for her should feel bad about themselves
-Palutena's model is spectacular but I still prefer Uprising's design

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Not such a big fan of the Mii's but I don't totally hate them. I just wont use them. Palutena looks very powerful and I will probably use her a bit. Overall pretty decent reveals in my opinion.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
My only problem with Miis is that they kill the uniqueness of the game with Gunner Mii being the biggest sin, is like a scrapped Megaman that stole Samus' moves. Still, I would have fun playing as L, Mr. Bean, Brock,the AVGN, and Mr. My Body is Ready also known as Mr. I Hate MOTHER games.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't hate the mii's but I think they really should'nt have been included in this game.

Magic_Shaunson

Smash Rookie
Hmm, sword isn't working...arrows aren't working...clawshot didn't work...what should I try next? Oh! I know! Kick to the gut!

firekirby

Smash Rookie
Hell yes. Not too excited about the Mii's, but maybe I'll grow to like them.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I was not prepared for the awesomness for that was the Pit vs Link fight. They are my favorite archers in anything period.

Dark Pit was part of the video, I wonder if they'll do anything related to him besides him being an alt costume for Pit this time.

Fake Spoiler alert: Palutena is the reincarnation of Farore. :bubblebobble:

Oh right, Palutena is in, almost forgot over the awesomeness of the other stuff. Just Kidding
Palutena looks like another very interesting character in this game. She has a possibility of being my main just like Rosalina. Though Palutena's personality seems more interesting and lighthearted compared to Rosalina. However, I usually have a hard time making myself playing a girl for some unknown reason. Maybe because it seems like crossdressing to my brain's subconscious somehow. *shrug* :bubblebobble:

Miis don't get a video of their own? Oh well. I also missed the previous post including the Miis. Hopefully we get to see a video of them later.
Whatever the case, I do plan on using the Miis. Their moves are also a lot flashier than I was expecting. I expected the Miis to come in before, but once I heard customization coming into smash, I viewed that as a 95% confirmation for them as they are the best characaters to represent customization.
I'll probably be using the gunner + sword users most as I've always liked arm cannons because of Megaman+Samus, and swords because of Link+Meta Knight. Fists/kicking bores me usually (there's always exceptions though).
I guess I'll have to really get into customization for Mii faces now so I can make a face that looks nice.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
"3 CLASSES x 12 SPECIALS EACH = 36 TOTAL SPECIALS!"
"IT WOULD TAKE 9 REGULAR FIGHTERS TO EQUAL THAT NUMBER OF MOVES"

wow so instead of 9 new awesome characters from actual video games we get 3 customizable ones.... to me that's kind of lazy and lame. i dont care how many hateful replies i get for this but i would rather have 9 new characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"3 CLASSES x 12 SPECIALS EACH = 36 TOTAL SPECIALS!"
"IT WOULD TAKE 9 REGULAR FIGHTERS TO EQUAL THAT NUMBER OF MOVES"

wow so instead of 9 new awesome characters from actual video games we get 3 customizable ones.... to me that's kind of lazy and lame. i dont care how many hateful replies i get for this but i would rather have 9 new characters.
I would also like 9 characters, but animating/programming 36 moves for 1 model is (probably) MUCH easier than making new models and animations for 9 different characters.

I'm just wondering how Kirby hats for the Mii Fighters will work. Did they seriously make Kirby hats for every available hairstyle?

Last edited by a moderator:

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
I would also like 9 characters, but animating/programming 36 moves for 1 model is (probably) MUCH easier than making new models and animations for 9 different characters.

I'm just wondering how Kirby hats for the Mii Fighters will work. Did they seriously make Kirby hats for every available hairstyle?
[but animating/programming 36 moves for 1 model is (probably) MUCH easier than making new models and animations for 9 different characters.]

god.... i bet they said the same damn thing that you just said... that's so lazy... IMO they should delay the game and put in 9 actual video game characters... i'm losing faith in this game :/

and no, kirby will probably have the hat of marth/ike, samus/megaman, and then little mac because of those 3 classes.

D

Deleted member

[but animating/programming 36 moves for 1 model is (probably) MUCH easier than making new models and animations for 9 different characters.]

god.... i bet they said the same damn thing that you just said... that's so lazy... IMO they should delay the game and put in 9 actual video game characters... i'm losing faith in this game :/

and no, kirby will probably have the hat of marth/ike, samus/megaman, and then little mac because of those 3 classes.
OK, well if you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that. I myself have warmed up to the idea of Miis, but I can understand it's not for everyone. And technically with all the possible combinations, Mii Fighters result in a crazy amount of characters. Can some math-savy person calculate how many possible characters can be made with this thing? I'm too awful at math to figure it out.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
OK, well if you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that. I myself have warmed up to the idea of Miis, but I can understand it's not for everyone. And technically with all the possible combinations, Mii Fighters result in a crazy amount of characters. Can some math-savy person calculate how many possible characters can be made with this thing? I'm too awful at math to figure it out.

no sh*t, do you think by now i'm not mature enough to know what to do. besides i didnt ask for your advice anyway. i'll stick with PM and melee.

btw if your "too awful at marth to figure it out" then PRACTICE and LEARN! simple as that.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
no sh*t, do you think by now i'm not mature enough to know what to do. besides i didnt ask for your advice anyway. i'll stick with PM and melee.

btw if your "too awful at marth to figure it out" then PRACTICE and LEARN! simple as that.
You're*
Go practice and learn the difference...

I'm very sceptical about the Mii's. Hopefully they're only available through friendbattles or offline play...

Palutena looks amazing! I'm happy that for now, there's one confirmed character from my signature...

But eh, what's with Dark Pit at the end? Is it just that this alternate skin will be available again?

Last edited:

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
You're*
Go practice and learn the difference...

I'm very sceptical about the Mii's. Hopefully they're only available through friendbattles or offline play...

Palutena looks amazing! I'm happy that for now, there's one confirmed character from my signature...

But eh, what's with Dark Pit at the end? Is it just that this alternate skin will be available again?
well duh! i never said sh*t about palutena being bad. i just hate the idea of 9 character slots being minimized by 3 customization slots.

and yes go F*cking practice and learn. its the only way you get good at anything. i think its ******** how now of days people are satisfied with "watered down" easy gameplay with no tech skill. back when i was a kid if you lost you learned. now of days theme with gaming is "everyone has to win".

Last edited:
Top Bottom