• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena and Mii Fighter Join the Smash Roster!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Nintendo covered a wide range of information at today’s conference, but we all know what Smashboards really looks forward to the most: new information on the two upcoming Super Smash Bros. titles. This time, we saw two new fighters take the stage: Mii Fighter and Palutena.

Mii Fighter was the first to be revealed at the beginning of the digital event. This Smasher is a very unique character because the player can literally play as anyone they want. Gamers have the ability to create a Mii in the Mii Maker Channel of their WiiU or 3DS Home Menu, and use that Mii in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. To top that off, there are also three different types of Mii Fighters. The first kind of Mii Fighter is the Brawler Mii. The Brawler fights up close with various melee kicks and quick punches, and borrows various techniques from Captain Falcon and Little Mac. Another version of the Mii Fighter is called the Swordfighter. Obviously, this Mii Fighter wields a sharp blade to deal out more lengthy attacks. The slashes look pretty quick, so Marth mains may have fun with this one. Lastly, there is the Gunner Mii Fighter. This one arms an arm cannon similar to that of Samus or Mega Man. This Mii Fighter makes use of various projectiles and explosives, making their opponents blast off at the speed of light!

These Mii Fighters also have several different Special Move options, meaning your Mii Fighter may play differently than a friend's, even if you both use the same type of Mii!

Lady Palutena Alights!

Finally, Lady Palutena alights onto the battlefield for a little… divine intervention, and she’s not messing around. This Goddess of Light flaunts various moves that she has used to protect Pit throughout the Kid Icarus series. Heavenly Light sends a very widely ranged light attack across the stage, sending opponents flying upward. Explosive Light acts similar to Zelda’s Din Fire, but possibly more effective. Jump Glide has a very familiar mechanic to it, as it allows Palutena to glide in any direction she wants. Those familiar with Project M know that Mewtwo’s floating skill had a similar attribute. Counter is exactly how it sounds. Palutena will swing her staff and give a counter attack if an opponent attacks her during her counter stance. That’s not all the trailer had to offer, as Palutena has a very vast arrange of moves. Her Final Smash is a combination of Black Hole and Mega Laser. First the stage will be encompassed by a black hole, leaving everyone floating defenseless in the center, then a massive, pink laser about the size of Samus’ Zero Laser will beam across the stage, sending her enemies flying into the abyss.

Palutena’s introduction trailer. What’s Dark Pit up to now?

Super Smash Bros for 3DS will hit the shelves on October 3, 2014, and Super Smash Bros. for WiiU is headed our way this holiday season. Get ready, Smashers, because this is going to a fight we will never forget!

As an added bonus, the discussion forums for both Mii Fighter and Palutena are live! Join us in discussing, speculating, and rejoicing the entrance of our newest Smashers! Don’t forget to catch the Smash Bros invitational starting at 4PM Pacific. Happy Smashing everyone!

iDOWN is a Pale Tuna fan rejoicing to the heavens that Smash now has two Goddesses of Light. You can get hype with him on his Twitter, @PlayerOneiDOWN.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The only good plausible choice they did due to characters though that pit clone tease was not needed

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Silly Nintendo, October isn't in the summer!

Palutena looks really cool though, and Mii was only expected I suppose. I only hope we can use the faces on our own Miis. I want to play as a Reggie Mii.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
As I said before; The Sal/Gematsu leak has yet to be disproved. After the Mii salt today imagine the fits of rage which will be displayed by users when Chorus Kids are revealed.

Not that I am a major supporter of the leak or anything. Mostly impartial. I just think it would be kinda funny.

Last edited:

Iconking

Smash Rookie
I don't like Palutena, because we now have 2 Kid Icarus Characters from 2 Kid Icarus games, when on the other hand we have 1 Starfox character (I hope it won't stay that way), for 6 games. Nintendo is just riding the hype-train with this, and I can not understand it since I have not played the new Kid Icarus.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember that development changes characters, stages, trophies, and other stuff. Just in case it's fake, I've put an "I think" at the beginning of the second sentence.
That is, indeed, true. However, looking at the other characters from back then and now, you will notice the differences between leak!Palutena and revealed!Palutena are far greater and inconsistent.

But, who the hell cares if that leak was true or fake? Palutena is in the game!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
God Dammit,now I have to spend an hour in-game when released to figure out my suited Mii.

Probably the fighter :troll:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
That is, indeed, true. However, looking at the other characters from back then and now, you will notice the differences between leak!Palutena and revealed!Palutena are far greater and inconsistent.

But, who the hell cares if that leak was true or fake? Palutena is in the game!
Cheers, for a mature reply! Yeah, it doesn't matter now. Kinda neat that she's in!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
her arm wasn't in her shield right., she is too thin, and shes too pale.
Who are you to judge people for their lifestyles?
If Palutena wants to not eat a lot and stay indoors she can do so.

Just because she used to not know how to use a shield doesn't mean anything either!

Seriously though, I don't think it matters if that leak was real, she's in now.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
She looks OP as ****, she has luigi's green missile, a refelctor, marth's counter(apparently everyone has one of these in SM4SH), sonic's speed, Din's fire, and everyone elses specials.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Hate to be that guy, but the addition of Mii's just KILLED/RUINED any and all hype I had going for smash 4, but the 3ds version especially for it got delayed till OCTOBER OF ALL THINGS CONSIDERED and how much you wanna bet it was partly due to those f***ing Mii's!? Last time I checked, super smash bros was strictly about Nintendo characters and the occasional third party guest star beating the living daylights out of each other in a way that helps set it apart from its contemporaries in the fighting genre! I looked the other way when the WII FIT TRAINER got added to smash 4, but having custom made Mii's is just destroying the essence of what made smash bros so great and unique!

I don't believe in the bible, but with my worst nightmare being that smash bros no longer being a SMASH BROS GAME PER SAY AND INSTEAD JUST BEING LETS PIT RANDOM MOFO'S AGAINST EACH OTHER THAT OTHERWISE HAVE NO GOD DAMN BUSINESS BEING IN A FIGHTING GAME AND WOULD NEVER MAKE THE ROSTER IN A TRILLION YEARS ACTUALLY COMING TRUE!!! I honestly believe the Rapture is upon us all and is going to be happen very soon! Y'all play y'alls celebrity deathmatch plus Nintendo characters are in here somewhere game to your heart's content, but I am personally offended that Sakurai would actually consider something on the level of tripping from brawl and THEN IMPLEMENT IT IN THE GAME and as such probably will NOT be getting either version of smash 4 if EVER! I hope you all realize what a dumb ass decision mii's were and boycott the game so that they will be REMOVED before they have a chance to truly corrupt our favorite fighting game with asinine pair offs like Miley Cyrus vs Kim Kardashian or Elijah Wood vs Christian Bale!

(Again, this is NOT what smash bros is about!)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm genuinly surprised that Mii was actually confirmed. Also the faces look photoshopped and out of place.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Brb planning M2K and Mango Mii's so I can wreck people with M2K and Mango.

Playing M2K vs. M2K, yes.

Also making Smash Bros. Characters but as Mii's.
"I'm tired of Ganon being a Captain Falcon clone."

Well our cries have been sorta-kinda answered :/

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Um, you think the Mii Fighters are gonna get banned from tournaments, due to the fact their moves can be customized? And what about using them online?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hate to be that guy, but the addition of Mii's just KILLED/RUINED any and all hype I had going for smash 4, but the 3ds version especially for it got delayed till OCTOBER OF ALL THINGS CONSIDERED and how much you wanna bet it was partly due to those f***ing Mii's!? Last time I checked, super smash bros was strictly about Nintendo characters and the occasional third party guest star beating the living daylights out of each other in a way that helps set it apart from its contemporaries in the fighting genre! I looked the other way when the WII FIT TRAINER got added to smash 4, but having custom made Mii's is just destroying the essence of what made smash bros so great and unique!

I don't believe in the bible, but with my worst nightmare being that smash bros no longer being a SMASH BROS GAME PER SAY AND INSTEAD JUST BEING LETS PIT RANDOM MOFO'S AGAINST EACH OTHER THAT OTHERWISE HAVE NO GOD DAMN BUSINESS BEING IN A FIGHTING GAME AND WOULD NEVER MAKE THE ROSTER IN A TRILLION YEARS ACTUALLY COMING TRUE!!! I honestly believe the Rapture is upon us all and is going to be happen very soon! Y'all play y'alls celebrity deathmatch plus Nintendo characters are in here somewhere game to your heart's content, but I am personally offended that Sakurai would actually consider something on the level of tripping from brawl and THEN IMPLEMENT IT IN THE GAME and as such probably will NOT be getting either version of smash 4 if EVER! I hope you all realize what a dumb *** decision mii's were and boycott the game so that they will be REMOVED before they have a chance to truly corrupt our favorite fighting game with asinine pair offs like Miley Cyrus vs Kim Kardashian or Elijah Wood vs Christian Bale!

You're an idiot. Smash's delay means that there will be more time to make adjustments. Hopefully Sakurai will take feedback from the Invitational players.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706

I don't believe in the bible, but with my worst nightmare being that smash bros no longer being a SMASH BROS GAME PER SAY AND INSTEAD JUST BEING LETS PIT RANDOM MOFO'S AGAINST EACH OTHER THAT OTHERWISE HAVE NO GOD DAMN BUSINESS BEING IN A FIGHTING GAME AND WOULD NEVER MAKE THE ROSTER IN A TRILLION YEARS ACTUALLY COMING TRUE!!! I honestly believe the Rapture is upon us all and is going to be happen very soon! Y'all play y'alls celebrity deathmatch plus Nintendo characters are in here somewhere game to your heart's content, but I am personally offended that Sakurai would actually consider something on the level of tripping from brawl and THEN IMPLEMENT IT IN THE GAME and as such probably will NOT be getting either version of smash 4 if EVER! I hope you all realize what a dumb *** decision mii's were and boycott the game so that they will be REMOVED before they have a chance to truly corrupt our favorite fighting game with asinine pair offs like Miley Cyrus vs Kim Kardashian or Elijah Wood vs Christian Bale!

Yeah, it is kinda BS that the game is delayed to October, but look on the bright side: At least we'll be able to get even more good stuff from Nintendo, so you can keep quiet about whole Miis killing/ruining the hype of Smash 4 and such.

Besides, the Miis ARE part of Nintendo, plus they were most anticipated to be in the game anyways, so there's that. :ohwell:

Top Bottom