• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL version of ssbm?

Gracen

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine told me the first version, or the "PAL" version of ssbm you could flame cancel with bowser.......and he also said somthing about falco`s spike being nerfed.......does anybody know where i can find these versions?

Karleko

Smash Cadet
HA, superior, your humour (not humor, because FrostByte is in London), tickles me. As you can see from my location in the world you know I have the PAL version, which sucks in superiority.

I enjoy using Link, he has a boomerang...Link for instance has been nerfed, NERFED, WHY, he wasn't all that in the first place. His up B doed not spike anymore (yes, I call that a nerf).

Because of the PAL version I have never heard Falco's Japanese taunt/pose (I know what he says, Teiyun Dasuna, don't touch my oray/don't fight) BUT I have never heard it. I've heard Fox's Kakkate Koi, but not the crowd that cheers for him.

I only got to hear the "zombies" that cheer for everybody. To this day, i've searched the internet to hear all of the "cheers" the characters get. I've found Zelda and Link's, and that's about it.

ps: comboes with Marth are apparantly easier and Falco's dair is more fun to use (in NTSC, wchich is not PAL).

Everything I have written has only been written because I wanted to write it, and this thread seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
What is a pal version of a game.

Versions differences are made to fit the televisions systems which are not the same all over the world.
Basically, PAL is used in Europe, Australia, and most countries in the world except Japan, the USA, Canada and Mexico.
For more informations, wikipedia and/or Google are your friends.

And by the way, I own both a NTSC 1.0 and a PAL, and I think the NTSC is pretty interesting due to the extra stuff inside. But for tournament play, I think the PAL one is woy more balanced and less broken.

GOPrincessPeach

Smash Cadet
The PAL version is probably the worst version of all. So many things were changed. For example: you can't use things like Samus' extended grapple beam. :(
Agreed! I also read on Smash Wiki about not being able to bomb out of a grapple with Samus. An intresting thing about the PAL version is the character weight list. How can Kirby be heavier than Fox?!!!! :psycho:

Xanderous

Smash Lord
PAL is the region code used in most European countries.

I'm surprised that so many of you have no idea what that means.

Top Bottom