• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac West, French players need YOU !

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Hello there !
I'm making an intrusion into you social room to ask you something. I'll attend Genesis with three fellow French players. Problem ? Housing, of course. Not during the tournament (we're taking an hotel room), not after the tournament (Zhu,you're awesome !), but before the tournament. We'll arrive in LA on July 3rd, and we'f want to stay there until we take the Socal bus to Genesis.
That's why we're searching for players who could house us. All three of us speak english, are pretty nice guys, mostly play Melee but also play Brawl... so don't hesitate ! We don't need much : some place with a roof where we can sleep (we'll have sleeping bags and stuff), a shower, and... a cool guy =p
We'd prefer to be housed near LA, so we could visit a bit, but since it's better to have something than nothing, we'll accept any proposition (ok, maybe not Hawaii =p).

Anyway, if you can house us... please say so, it would help us soooo much ! It you want to know more about us and our request for housing, just ask ! We'll make our best to answer you quickly.

Thanks in advance for your help =D

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Seriously guys someone should house them. Just look at how nice their post was.
Thanks a lot for bumping this thread !

Here are a few other ways to contact me, in case you'd be interested in housing us :

email : sabaku.no.slhoka@gmail.com
AIM : Slhoka77
MSN : slhokalekokiri@hotmail.com

As for additional details, we should arrive in California around the 2nd or 3rd of July, and leave either right after Genesis, either a few days later. We're still not sure, it pretty much depends if we can get housing and where. But of course, we don't expect to be housed at the same place all the time we'll be in the US, so if you can house us only for one day or two, that's fine too ;)

porc

Smash Journeyman
Please guys ! We can bring some

or

what do you think ?

(Actually we won't :embarrass)

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh ****, I actually got really excited for a minute
<3 cheese

I would offer you housing except I need it myself :\
gl, you got this (especially if you DO really bring cheese)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
oh ****, I actually got really excited for a minute
<3 cheese

I would offer you housing except I need it myself :\
gl, you got this (especially if you DO really bring cheese)
I would bring it if I could (as well as other other French food stuff), but I can't because it's forbidden =/

bbb

Smash Champion
I thought you were zhu, porc

but if no one houses you, norcal is *****es

porc

Smash Journeyman
We plan on going there for about 2 weeks, so even if you live a bit far from genesis it's OK, we wan't to travel the west cost :)

Flareneos

Smash Rookie
Dang, I wish I could house you guys, you seem very nice and awesome, but my mom would be like " who the hell are these guys?? What do you mean you met them over the internet?!?" DXX. By the way, how old are you guys?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Dang, I wish I could house you guys, you seem very nice and awesome, but my mom would be like " who the hell are these guys?? What do you mean you met them over the internet?!?" DXX. By the way, how old are you guys?
I'm 21, and porc and Qlex are 20.

Also, we'll stay at an hotel during Genesis, and Zhu told me he'll house us after the tournament. So it seems we won't need housing in Norcal anymore. However, we'll be in Socal before Genesis, and we need housing there. Anywone would like to help us ? =D

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Since it couldn't work out with the Connor (and actually with quite a few others too), I'll just bump this thread.
The date is pretty soon, but we still don't know where to go, so please, help us.

Thanks a lot

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Is this tournament near San Francisco at all? I don't know anything about it but I can ask my mom if I can house some French gamers. She'll prolly think it's cool that ppl came all the way from France to compete.

Edit: Also my mom speaks some French! Not that that's neccesary or something but it's still NEATO
heaheaeha

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Is this tournament near San Francisco at all? I don't know anything about it but I can ask my mom if I can house some French gamers. She'll prolly think it's cool that ppl came all the way from France to compete.

Edit: Also my mom speaks some French! Not that that's neccesary or something but it's still NEATO
heaheaeha
It seems that we'll be housed by Zhu when we'll be in Norcal (= the week after Genesis). However, we'd definitely want to meet as much people as we can, so if you could house us, we could come for a day or two, or something like that. And it's pretty cool that your mom speaks some French : even though we're decent english speakers, knowing a bit of a language really improves the understanding of the cultural exchange =p

Still no one able to house us in Socal before Genesis ? We'll leave in a week, so help us please ;_;

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, I'll see if I can work something out. All of the San Francisco smashers think I'm a scrub and won't train with me. I need to practice against humans, because my current practice regimen is

4 stock
4 minute time limit
Friendly fire ON
All items ON
Item setting: Very Low
2vs2 Teams
All other players Level 9 CPU
First stage Neutral, Counterpick stage is "random" to act as the computer's counterpick.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
4 stock
4 minute time limit
Friendly fire ON
All items ON
Item setting: Very Low
2vs2 Teams
All other players Level 9 CPU
First stage Neutral, Counterpick stage is "random" to act as the computer's counterpick.
Well, I must admit it sucks. You really need to play against humans, with tournament-like rules.

Please keep me informed about housing possibilities ;)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Slhoka, ask around in the Chula Vista Thread on the PacWest (non-social) boards. Maybe us San Diegans can pick you guys up from L.A. and show you around San Diego the week before Genesis (and 4th of July) and like, you guys can leave with us on the SoCal Genesis Bus. I mean, San Diego is no L.A., but at least you might have housing.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Slhoka, ask around in the Chula Vista Thread on the PacWest (non-social) boards. Maybe us San Diegans can pick you guys up from L.A. and show you around San Diego the week before Genesis (and 4th of July) and like, you guys can leave with us on the SoCal Genesis Bus. I mean, San Diego is no L.A., but at least you might have housing.
Thanks for the advice, I'll post there. It looks really interesting ;)

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry I asked my mom, and at first she was intrigued by a chance to practice her French, but then she started tripping out on where you guys are going to sleep, and now she says it's too much **** to deal with.

Sry I can't stop my mom from tripping out off everything-- I thought it was worth a try tho. I'm glad I asked, anyway. GOOD LUCK!

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
vodage I thought you were homeless??????
No I'm just a bum by Smasher standards.

I live at my mom's house and I can't find work because I USED to be homeless, so you see there is this big ugly gap in my resume, and well, no one wants to ****ing hire me.

But yeah if these guys have NO WHERE else to stay, I will make a second attempt to talk my mom into letting them stay at our house.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
No I'm just a bum by Smasher standards.

I live at my mom's house and I can't find work because I USED to be homeless, so you see there is this big ugly gap in my resume, and well, no one wants to ****ing hire me.

But yeah if these guys have NO WHERE else to stay, I will make a second attempt to talk my mom into letting them stay at our house.
thats a typical smasher by smasher standards olololololol

Top Bottom