• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac N' Jump- A Trampoline Tricks/Techniques Guide

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fun fact:

Trampoline interrupts teleports. What this means is that a trampoline between you and Zelda will keep you safe from her UpB.

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
So I just saw this, abadango had an apple he caught earlier in a match, faked as if he was going to throw it at the opponent, the opponent shields, abadango throws the apple up, then UPB, they both go up, the guy takes 7% from the up b and he runs into the apple coming down and dies. Amazing! Now essentially this can be done with everything except galaga and key, unless you zdropped them. But crazy idea! Might pay off more than a grab now if you do this when someone is shielding.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So I just saw this, abadango had an apple he caught earlier in a match, faked as if he was going to throw it at the opponent, the opponent shields, abadango throws the apple up, then UPB, they both go up, the guy takes 7% from the up b and he runs into the apple coming down and dies. Amazing! Now essentially this can be done with everything except galaga and key, unless you zdropped them. But crazy idea! Might pay off more than a grab now if you do this when someone is shielding.
Yeah, we already knew that the trampoline pops shields...but bouncing a fruit into it is amazing.

Lord Cruxis

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we already knew that the trampoline pops shields...but bouncing a fruit into it is amazing.
I wish...I knew the up B thing sooner. Would've have really helped me against this DDD that blocked everything I did and rolled grabs.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah it's a really good strategy. I've been using it in conjunction with Hydrant and bouncing fruits like Strawberries/Apples to push people into trampoline/fruit traps.
It's also a good way to set up an edge guard the rare times you have an Apple/Strawberry/Melon in hand and don't have time to set up a hydrant. Throw the fruit up, tramp, and now you have another unblockable ledge trap.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I'd say it works best with Lazy Fruit (apple and melon, mainly), since they can just stay on the ledge to time the fruit out and before you can get to them when their invincibility runs out. Definitely something to keep in mind, though.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
XD Trampolines!

Hydrant onto a fresh trampoline. Bair into (previously set) up b, for instant bouncing, vertical only, wall of DOGGY DOOM!!!!

Also, trampolines off stage as a decoy, so you can stage spike with an orange, apple, or melon is sweet too!

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
HOLY CRAP!!! I think I found something. When using the side-b, i had a couple of instances where i would get increased lateral air speed, and by like a lot. I kept trying to fast fall after some of them, when I launch myself way up, but I think it also has to do with if the game thinks you are trying to pull of a dash, since you were connected to the ground last. I never got this fast air when side-bing in the air, only when i came straight from the ground.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I want to report a formula in progress, because it has been slightly 'Fruitful' (huehue). The Trampoline is good at catching opponents off guard, but especially when they are under 30%. If you can get them off stage at such low percent, there is a way in which the blue tramp is just as good as red. You want to set up a trampoline so it is easy to bounce, still blue, and away from ledge, but you only want that one jump out of it. Hang from the ledge, or stand, but what for the opponent to want to use this. When they are just about to gain that free jump, swoop down and land on it a fraction after them, but not simultaneous. They turn it yellow, you turn it red, but the low percent they hold means barely any knock back, but it cancels their free jump and lets them fall the inch they gain, just to land and break their recovery. I hope I explained this well.

TL:DR:
Blue Tramp is lore. Yellow is for you. Time Bounce. Small hit. Red Catches low percentage opponent. GG

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
HOLY CRAP!!! I think I found something. When using the side-b, i had a couple of instances where i would get increased lateral air speed, and by like a lot. I kept trying to fast fall after some of them, when I launch myself way up, but I think it also has to do with if the game thinks you are trying to pull of a dash, since you were connected to the ground last. I never got this fast air when side-bing in the air, only when i came straight from the ground.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I want to report a formula in progress, because it has been slightly 'Fruitful' (huehue). The Trampoline is good at catching opponents off guard, but especially when they are under 30%. If you can get them off stage at such low percent, there is a way in which the blue tramp is just as good as red. You want to set up a trampoline so it is easy to bounce, still blue, and away from ledge, but you only want that one jump out of it. Hang from the ledge, or stand, but what for the opponent to want to use this. When they are just about to gain that free jump, swoop down and land on it a fraction after them, but not simultaneous. They turn it yellow, you turn it red, but the low percent they hold means barely any knock back, but it cancels their free jump and lets them fall the inch they gain, just to land and break their recovery. I hope I explained this well.

TL:DR:
Blue Tramp is lore. Yellow is for you. Time Bounce. Small hit. Red Catches low percentage opponent. GG
So how do you do this side b thing?

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
So how do you do this side b thing?
It's a W.I.P. because it could be as rare as dropping your hydrant through the stage.

Really though, i'm not sure.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Since trampoline bounces you out of your Side B animation...you can put a trampoline in front of your hydrant, U turn Side B through it, and then launch the hydrabt without risk of end lag. If the opponent gets close, it's a clean 32%

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Sometimes, I try to wait for the right amount of length to recover so that i have to use all 3 bounces.
Hilarious results.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I found a really random mix up that I do. Up throw, jump. up-B. The opponents never see it coming and don't punish me when I do one bounce and go back on the stage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sometimes, I try to wait for the right amount of length to recover so that i have to use all 3 bounces.
Hilarious results.
Be careful with this... Anyone who has MU experience and knows how the trampoline works will go steal your 3rd bounce when you do this.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Be careful with this... Anyone who has MU experience and knows how the trampoline works will go steal your 3rd bounce when you do this.
Haha reminds me of a time when I was fighting Pac as Pac and used up-b under Lylat Cruise...it was hilarious..
1st method: Use up-b close to ledge but purposely hit under the stage then third bounce on the ledge
2nd method: Your opponent is stupid and tries to stage spike u first-bounce..you hit him and he stage-spikes to trampoline (now it is yellow) then you fall back on it for your 3rd bounce. If he gets hit when you are coming up then he hits the red, if he doesn't then he has to recover by momentum shifting to the ledge, where you can trump him and punish..
Im actually gonna find true combos for trampoline spike...Ill report my findings in a week or so.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Don't forget though, it is also a mind game. They may know the match up, but that gives them all the more reason to fall for a red trampoline since you know they know, you know?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't forget though, it is also a mind game. They may know the match up, but that gives them all the more reason to fall for a red trampoline since you know they know, you know?
Maybe. IDK. I've seen Pacman players try to do it to me on FG before and I can gimp them 100% of the time.

I've also had some of the better players on Anther's ladder do it to me consistently too when I first picked up the character.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Heh.
So apparently, if you bounce on the meteor tranpoline 3 times right in too of the hydtant, instead of getting burried in the 3rd bounce, you jump up and the hydrant bounces perfectly in one place.

And the hitbox underneath the meteor trampoline is about as tall as Pac-Man himself lol

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Heh.
So apparently, if you bounce on the meteor tranpoline 3 times right in too of the hydtant, instead of getting hurried in the 3rd bounce, you jump up and the hydrant bounces perfectly in one place.

And the hitbox underneath the meteor trampoline is about as tall as Pac-Man himself lol
And has potent kill power.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Heh.
So apparently, if you bounce on the meteor tranpoline 3 times right in too of the hydtant, instead of getting burried in the 3rd bounce, you jump up and the hydrant bounces perfectly in one place.

If you're trying to place a hydrant above a trampoline and bounce it vertically like you normally would with the default trampoline, you can still do it with the meteor trampoline; you just have to run closer ("inside") the hydrant. It won't be purely vertical, but the minor angle difference isn't an issue for ledge traps and whatnot.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Heh.

i hate customs but nice find i must say

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
So. I realize pac-mans grab game is alright once i learned to soft hit the hydrant and grab while they shield that slower launch. Apples to launch, fair are good.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I saw a really weird thing with the trampoline yesterday. If you up-B while someone is using the trampoline he won't jump and it does a really weird animation, I think he doesn't recover the jump but he can upB. I have the replay. It was really really weird

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I saw a really weird thing with the trampoline yesterday. If you up-B while someone is using the trampoline he won't jump and it does a really weird animation, I think he doesn't recover the jump but he can upB. I have the replay. It was really really weird
u da king of glitches my man

NcamSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
NcamSB
Useful tip I discovered when getting bodied by a Lucario : The trampoline resets specials that involves charging. What I mean is, if a lucario is charging his aura sphere and he just so happens to land on the trampoline it will reset back to the beginning of the charge. This applies to all characters with "charging abilities" including pacman. So if you're charging BF, don't land onto a tramp.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Pretty sure it's the same principle that has charges be lost when they're hit during the process.
Charges can only be saved by shielding, or completing it in some cases.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Useful tip I discovered when getting bodied by a Lucario : The trampoline resets specials that involves charging. What I mean is, if a lucario is charging his aura sphere and he just so happens to land on the trampoline it will reset back to the beginning of the charge. This applies to all characters with "charging abilities" including pacman. So if you're charging BF, don't land onto a tramp.
Yah sometimes I ledge stall with a trampoline under me and try to charge fruit..but it does work D: bummer

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is it possible to Up B OOS without dropping your shield to save frames?
Yes, jump cancel it. Tap jump and immediately press UpB. If you have tap jump on you can just UpB while still holding the shield button.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Is it possible to jump-cancel any of our specials, without having to go specials on the c-stick? Also is bonus fruit truly our only move that can be reversed and wavebounced? (i think i mentioned this b4)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Is it possible to jump-cancel any of our specials, without having to go specials on the c-stick? Also is bonus fruit truly our only move that can be reversed and wavebounced? (i think i mentioned this b4)
(1) The C-stick is irrelevant. You can JC up B without it. Just press up and B (with tap jump) or press up, jump and B (tap jump off).
Also, I think you can only jump cancel the up B. The rest will pretty much be rising specials (except the hydrant, obviously, which will kind of act like the grounded version).
(2) Yes, because the others halt Pac-Man's momentum.

Top Bottom