• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'M SO EXCITED....

I'M SO EXCITED....

AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.

I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Wish this could've been shown at the E3. A lot more people would've been convinced, and maybe the reaction would've been less... well, reactionary when people first heard Pac-Man

Plus seeing the crowd's reactions would've been fun to watch.

Oh well...

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice that segment where Ball Pac bounces off of that Mappy trampoline? It even gives in after it is bounced on 3 times just like in the arcade classic! All who predicted Sakurai making Pac-Man's Namco-arcade-classic-based are right.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I personally was afraid that if Pac were revealed during the invitational some people might have booed.

It IS the competitive Smash community. Pac-Man and Miis have been very polarizing.

Also, regarding the Galaxian, I think it's a summon, but the intent of that scene was to show that Pac-Man's grab is based on it.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh boy... I need to sleep.. I really need.. Well, now I want this game tomorrow! XD..

Once again, we're victorious, dudes! Everything is now fine! WE, WON, E3 AND SMASH4! XD

Now.. let's just talk about the possibilities, his moveset, how cool it looks, .. how we can own everybody ONline, etc, etc. =P...

Good night! ^______________^

Morbi

Scavenger
Wish this could've been shown at the E3. A lot more people would've been convinced, and maybe the reaction would've been less... well, reactionary when people first heard Pac-Man

Plus seeing the crowd's reactions would've been fun to watch.

Oh well...
I agree with this sentiment, I was somewhat convinced we would not get a reveal as the invitational would have been the most logical and ideal time to announce him. However, this is Nintendo. I am not quite sure if they know what they are doing. Nevertheless, his reveal was as lackluster as one would expect when it is relayed via GameXplain's Twitter.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'll agree with this. They had the PERFECT opportunity to show him at the end of the Invitational. It would have made the crowd roar! Instead they did it behind closed doors. WHY?
Personally, i was not a supporter of Pac-Man. But i had some preferences around the moveset of Pac-Man, specifically i prefered classic-arcade Pac-Man to be the main source of this rather than the Pac-Man of those platforms games...

The thing is that, even if was not going to be excited for Pac-Man being revealed, i think that i would had interest in Pac-Man moveset due being an curious mixture of many Pac-Man games.

But due that Pac-Man was revealed with many details of its moveset as well, this trailer was to me like: "Ok, the things i readed in twitter are correct".

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The trailer: SO MUCH HYPE!
I love how he can summon Namco arcade characters, the cycling system is great.
The Fire Hydrant is a little weird and obscure(I guess Sakurai really likes Pac-Land) but it is an interesting move.
My preferred design made the cut, but do not fear, I'm sure GA will be an alt.
So awesome.

INFINITEJUSTICE

Smash Rookie
I, for one am disappointed in pac-man. Hes iconic and popular, but hasnt had a good game in many, many years. That pac-man world game was utter nonsense. it had almost no relevance to the original game. I have nothing against pac-man, but i do not feel like he belongs in such a A-list group of characters
Yeah because Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, Ice Climbers, and R.O.B. are all super new relevant A-list characters.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I personally was afraid that if Pac were revealed during the invitational some people might have booed.

It IS the competitive Smash community. Pac-Man and Miis have been very polarizing.

Also, regarding the Galaxian, I think it's a summon, but the intent of that scene was to show that Pac-Man's grab is based on it.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I can't imagine him having control over that. That would almost be broken.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I think this deserves to be here

Edit: sorry didn't see it was already posted my bad

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You have an odd opinion there, I am not sure what you were envisioning for him.
Are you serious? This was exactly what I envisioned for him and that's the problem. I said as much in what I thought was phrasing noone could misinterpret or fail to understand.

My stance on pacman is as it has always been. That his game was great and that his simple design is both iconic and elegant. I, like almost everyone else on the planet, will recognize pacman in an instant and, unlike some, am perfectly aware that he is namco's mascot.
I really like the little dude and play his games whenever I spot an arcade table but every few years I come across his official art or a modern game, see that limbed thing he's become and am completely appalled at what they have done to one of gaming's greatest icons. Then I walk away and block it from my memory till the next time. Something I can't do with smash.

I wanted pacman in the game, just not like this. As an item or an assist or something, anything that would do his origins justice.

The character was doomed to fail from the start. Limbless pacman had next to no moveset potential.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Are you serious? This was exactly what I envisioned for him and that's the problem. I said as much in what I thought was phrasing noone could misinterpret or fail to understand.

My stance on pacman is as it has always been. That his game was great and that his simple design is both iconic and elegant. I, like almost everyone else on the planet, will recognize pacman in an instant and, unlike some, am perfectly aware that he is namco's mascot.
I really like the little dude and play his games whenever I spot an arcade table but every few years I come across his official art or a modern game, see that limbed thing he's become and am completely appalled at what they have done to one of gaming's greatest icons.

I wanted pacman in the game, just not like this. As an item or an assist or something, anything that would do his origins justice.

The character was doomed to fail from the start. Limbless pacman had next to no moveset potential.
Of course, I was more curious as to what you were envisioning as a more ideal design. If you were always envisioning the worst-case scenario, and in your opinion, we got the worst-case scenario... what is the problem? Just that mere notion that he is in the game? It would have been much easier to just assert that.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

I really like the little dude and play his games whenever I spot an arcade table but every few years I come across his official art or a modern game, see that limbed thing he's become and am completely appalled at what they have done to one of gaming's greatest icons.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. As a lifelong Pac-Man fanatic, I'm absolutely thrilled with what they did with his moveset. He's Namco's mascot, and even though he could have totally had a moveset without Namco references, I'm glad he does. It makes him really unique.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm kinda sad they didn't use Pac-Man Party's design but his Pac-Man World design was the next best. Anything but Ghostly Adventures...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

I really like the little dude and play his games whenever I spot an arcade table but every few years I come across his official art or a modern game, see that limbed thing he's become and am completely appalled at what they have done to one of gaming's greatest icons. Then I walk away and block it from my memory till the next time. Something I can't do with smash.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Of course, I was more curious as to what you were envisioning as a more ideal design. If you were always envisioning the worst-case scenario, and in your opinion, we got the worst-case scenario... what is the problem? Just that mere notion that he is in the game? It would have been much easier to just assert that.
That he's in the game as a character. As something else they could have done something really unique using his limbless form but as a character there was zero way they could make that work.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I actually think his moveset looks disappointingly phoned-in and incoherent in playstyle.

That won't stop me from enjoying his presence one bit, though. Most Smash movesets are phoned-in and make no sense, so I'm used to it. And I do like the Mappy trampoline as his recovery a lot. To say nothing of his fantastic animations.

Morbi

Scavenger
That he's in the game as a character. As something else they could have done something really unique using his limbless form but as a character there was zero way they could make that work.
Apologies, it is unfortunate that you feel that way, both my sister and I "vehemently" detracted Pac-Man; however, we were both utterly surprised that Sakurai managed to make it work. Maybe once you play as him you will feel differently, and if not, we all have those characters.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I was always neutral on Pac-Man. I didn't support him, but didn't hate him, either.

But I did hope that he would have a unique/fun moveset and have a classic Pac Final Smash where he chases the opponents. Seems to be going well so far.

So now that he's in Smash alongside Mario, you know what this means?

How' bout some Mario Kart Arcade GP content?
Maybe remix them so they don't sound as bland.

And I'd also love these music tracks from Galaga Arrangement to be in, since stuff from other Namco games are being shown off too.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I literally saw the trailer video 20+ times. His model and movements/animations look so great! I just want to play the game already.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Huge congratulations guys! I've been a lurking supporter of the Pac myself. Also, G&W and Pacman are mates now so that just brings me all the closer to you guys :)

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Congrats everyone! I was so uncertain about Pacman being in the game due to his mixed popularity. Safe to say imo that this is the best possible outcome for Pacman as a character. I should of had more faith in Sakurai, knowing he wouldn't want to miss on the chance of a Nintendo X Sega X Capcom X Namco brawl.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Regarding whether or not we'd get an Amiibo figurine for Pacman, sadly I'd say unlikely. According to the Amiibo video Nintendo put out, the figures will work with other games. I'm not so confident that Pacman would be allowed in so many different Nintendo games, same with Sonic and Megaman, regardless of how they interact with those set games (It was said that the figures reacted to different games in different ways). However, I'd only assume that all other characters will get Amiibos, so I don't see why Pacman, Megaman, and Sonic couldn't

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You know what, actually, I just got a better one from a screenshot. Hold on.
Aww, I love that one! And the one of him laying down with music notes and ghosts swirling around. He's so happy and cute!

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I wonder whether Pac-Man gets any extra advantage when he eats the pellets in the 3DS Pack-Man stage?

Did they show a Pac-Man Wii U stage, or did I just miss it?

Also, I gotta say he looks great –he's the perfect combo: lots of moves that turn him into retro 2D Pac, with his 3D/humanoid version the best-looking of him I've seen.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Aww, I love that one! And the one of him laying down with music notes and ghosts swirling around. He's so happy and cute!
I was thinking the same thing! I was thinking about making the latter one my avatar first, but this one just looks better as an avatar.

If someone would make a nice gif of it, though, I might include that in my signature.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I heard Pac-Land and Pac-Man Collection have been added to the Wii U eShop. Can anyone confirm this? That would be awesome.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
You know, I was REALLY iffy on seeing Pac-Man playable. Like...I was really hesitant about him. After seeing the trailer for him, I have to admit...he's oddly cute.

Oh no...now I'm excited to play him. Pac-Man is contagious!

Top Bottom