• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm not a Pac-Man enthusiast. So I just have a question, why does Pac-Man use a Fire Hydrant? I'm sure it relates to his games, I just don't know what. He looks fun to play as though.
I think it's due to PacLand, an... obscure, maybe? PacMan side-scrolling game for... uh... I'd guess arcades.

Edit: This game will be absolutely perfect if PacMan's alt (or even one of his 'colors') is him wearing the feather-hat from PacLand.

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy to see that the majority of people that hated Pac Man before like him now! I made a thread on Gamefaqs and a lot of people have stopped the hate!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

What showed up for me on the American Website.
Ike-Ike-Ike Confirmed for SSB4.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I actually never played P-ac-Land , so I was confused by the Fairy Queen part.

Great attention to detail.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
The trailer was amazing, and so are the screenshots. I am so incredibly pumped for Pac-Man. I will be able to sleep peacefully now. Amazing E3.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Congrats, this was expected and I'm fine with it, who wouldn't be? It's PAC-FREAKING-MAN

O-Oh wait..

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
GOD, THE GALAGA BUGS IN THE PRESS KIT IMAGES FROM THE SMASH DIRECT, WAS PART OF HIS MOVESET DURING ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm not a Pac-Man enthusiast. So I just have a question, why does Pac-Man use a Fire Hydrant? I'm sure it relates to his games, I just don't know what. He looks fun to play as though.
Yeah, it's a reference to Pac-Land. You could hop on the fire hydrants and sometimes get fruit or powerups from them, and they'd shoot out water and were just generally annoying. xD It's a very obscure reference, but it seems like they really went with a lot of Pac-Land references for him, like the Wii U stage.

GOD, THE GALAGA BUGS IN THE PRESS KIT IMAGES FROM THE SMASH DIRECT, WAS PART OF HIS MOVESET DURING ALL THE TIME!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THAT

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What an exemplary stealth reveal! That crafty Sakurai is so clever, ain't he?

How's my new avatar, everyone? Ice Climbers may return once they inevitably show up on the site, but for now, Pac-Man gets the glory.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking up gameplay from Pac-Land arcade game (which the Wii U stage is based on), they seem to be obstacles that he has to jump over or can move around.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Looking up gameplay from Pac-Land arcade game (which the Wii U stage is based on), they seem to be obstacles that he has to jump over or can move around.

I for some reason love the fact that they brought the most ms-paint like stage into HD graphics.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have to say; the moment I saw Pac-Man's neutral jab combo, I was beyond excited for the rest of the trailer. That is probably my favorite jab in Smash Brothers history. It was very aesthetically pleasing.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
All this talk of no good games in years and noone mentions google pacman? Probably the greatest google logo ever.

Pacman as a smasher, however, looks exactly like i pictured him; goofy and wrong. Throw in the discrepancy between a perfectly sleek 3d character and the jagged paper cutouts he uses for moves and this becomes a real eyesore (my eyes are genuinely quite strained right now). What was Sakurai thinking?!

Sorry to those of you who actually appreciate this announcement but I had to get this out of my system and there's only one appropriate thread.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He looks pretty fun to play as. Though not much will top Megaman for me, Pac-Man has me interested to say the least. His final Smash is awesome too.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I for some reason love the fact that they brought the most ms-paint like stage into HD graphics.
Fun fact: Pac-Land predates Super Mario Bros. Pac-Man actually did the platforming thing before Mario ever did, but unfortunately Pac-Land is super hard and wasn't as popular.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh god, I need to sleep, but I can't handle my happiness, I just watched the trailer 6 times in a row! D=

Morbi

Scavenger
All this talk of no good games in years and noone mentions google pacman? Probably the greatest google logo ever.

Pacman as a smasher, however, looks exactly like i pictured him; goofy and wrong. Throw in the discrepancy between a perfectly sleek 3d character and the jagged paper cutouts he uses for moves and this becomes a real eyesore (my eyes are genuinely quite strained right now). What was Sakurai thinking?!

Sorry to those of you who actually appreciate this announcement but I had to get this out of my system and there's only one appropriate thread.
Are you being sarcastic? I thought that the general consensus was that everyone thought he would look repugnant; however, we were mostly incorrect and he looks amazing. You have an odd opinion there, I am not sure what you were envisioning for him.

andimidna

Smash Master

You guys sure waited long enough for this picture.

I wish I could have found out as it happened, but the design choice makes up for that completely.
This is perfect. And now that the 2 most likely newcomers have been confirmed, speculation will get... interesting...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do admit, I'm not really hyped by Pac-Man's gameplay. Sure there's references, but... The fire hydrant is very obscure, and he have to take things from other Namco games.

I'll have to try it myself to be convinced, I guess, but as much as I'm neutral about Megaman, I don't have the same feeling at all.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice

Thanks, for pooping on our party with your opinions.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do admit, I'm not really hyped by Pac-Man's gameplay. Sure there's references, but... The fire hydrant is very obscure, and he have to take things from other Namco games.

I'll have to try it myself to be convinced, I guess, but as much as I'm neutral about Megaman, I don't have the same feeling at all.
I suppose the fire hydrant is the only thing that I do not like about his move-set, it does not seem very cohesive. Other than that, I actually enjoy the inspiration he takes from other Namco games.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So, does Pac-Man's inclusion in Smash mean we'll get a Pac-Man NFC figure?

I suppose the fire hydrant is the only thing that I do not like about his move-set, it does not seem very cohesive. Other than that, I actually enjoy the inspiration he takes from other Namco games.
It's definitely an odd inclusion, but I think it'll have its use, just like Villager's tree.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

You guys sure waited long enough for this picture.

I wish I could have found out as it happened, but the design choice makes up for that completely.
This is perfect. And now that the 2 most likely newcomers have been confirmed, speculation will get... interesting...
Dude, Mario's arm.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

What are we looking at here? Is this stage related to Pac-Man or is this some Nintendo thing I'm completely unfamiliar with?
It's from Pac-Land. At the end of each Trip (aka Stage) you would visit the Great Fairy and she will give you winged shoes to do part of the stage in reverse. That screenshot is an exact pixel recreation of that moment, which I'm guessing is part of the Pac-Land stage seen in the trailer.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, does Pac-Man's inclusion in Smash mean we'll get a Pac-Man NFC figure?
That is the question of the day; will we get 3rd party figurines? I suppose if we got a Sonic one, it would become blatantly obvious that a Pac-Man NFC was in the works. It is probably not ready as of current in the event that it will exist though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not gonna be too modest. I'm extremely glad I was totally right about Sakurai using Classic Pac with lots of Namco history instead of Ghostly Adventures Pac.

He looks much more awesome than I'd assumed he'd be. Congrats you guys!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm not even reading the negative comments (and why should have some?); If these couldn't spoil my excitement during the Pre-E3 hype.. imagine now?! 8D

Congrat for everyone who got your supported characters in the game, but it's our time to celebrate! WAKA-WAKA! 8D

Top Bottom