• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Joins the Fight! Watch the Video

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
Ugh... Dislike. One of the only characters I really did NOT want in. Oh well, congrats to the Pac fans out there.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
He looks cool. I wasn't wanting him at first because Ghostly Adventures ech, but I like his design and moveset here.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I don't know, I can think of about.... a bunch of characters that I would've traded for Pacman in a heartbeat. Chrom, Lucina, the Custom Character from FE:A, SHADOW THE FREAKING HEDGEHOG, and so many others.

firekirby

Smash Rookie
I dunno how to feel about Pac-man joining the brawl. Oh well, it's a thing, I guess.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm thrilled he's in the game. Seeing Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man on the same screen duking it out is like crossing something big off of my bucket list. It is long deserved, and what they've done with him so far is amazing.

I'm really curious about the Namco character move he seems to have. Is his over+B sort of like DDD's used to be, where he'll throw a minion but you won't know what you're getting?

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
To all the people complaining about Pacman:

I honestly doubt that you were happy with Jigglypuff at Smash 64, G&W at Melee, and R.O.B. at Brawl. Despite all of that, chances are that after playing those characters you changed your minds, just like I did with R.O.B. At first I really didn´t like him either!

So, inb4 many haters end up maining him, or some of the other oddball characters.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Looks like I vastly underestimated Pacman. I thought he was going to be one of the most boring characters. Dare I say he may become one of my mains? Though I don't care too much for the character, but all the classic stuff he does makes up for it.
Wonderful work they did on Pacman.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Namco Bandi is working on the game, so why wouldn't you expect Pac-Man to not be in the game? You have Mario, Sonic, and Megaman in the game that would have been a missed opportunity to not put him in the game. A game with all 4 gaming Legends that right there is enough to convince people to buy a Wii U for this game alone from a business stand point.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
so eh... what would his final smash be like??

I think it will be something to honor the original game... maybe the other players turn into ghosts and the whole stage turns to the classic pacmangame for a few seconds... catchjing a ghost means a KO!... would be funny actually

smashfraz

Smash Rookie
The most disappointing thing about all this the cool stuff. I see a epic stage or a badass item and all that runs through my head is D1 saying BANNED!!! Knowing some of the most awesome things will be not allowed in competitive play sucks.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Alright, after seeing the video with some PAC-MAN gameplay, I can safely say that I appreciate PAC-MAN more than I did before. I honestly wasn't sure how they were going to execute him and thought it would be weird, but I also knew he was a fan favorite and very likely.

The really cool thing is that none of the characters I have seen so far have really clone-like movesets. I'm really enjoying the diversity that Sakurai and his team are putting into this game. I can honestly say that no character has a moveset like PAC-MAN's and that he is his own unique entity. It makes characters like these that some were expecting, and some were hoping against, characters that can be very much appreciated and somebody fun and probably quirky to play with.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Pac-Man, Palutena, AND Miis?
Expect Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Chrom, Shulk, and because Sal is right about everything Chorus Men.
Sal never leaked Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool. I see Mewtwo for sure, and the other Sal leaks, plus Takamaru as a retro-fan fave and K. Rool as a maybe. Ridley's dead. Why wouldn't they reveal the biggest hype producer day 1.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Sal never leaked Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool. I see Mewtwo for sure, and the other Sal leaks, plus Takamaru as a retro-fan fave and K. Rool as a maybe. Ridley's dead. Why wouldn't they reveal the biggest hype producer day 1.
Because revealing it on the final day will keep it more fresh in peoples heads? :bubblebobble:

SquadalaMan94

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna say it. This would nave been 10x more hype if it was at the end of the Digital Event as apposed to Palutena.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just like with Miis, I reeeaally didn't want Pac in Smash, but now I see him in action, I'm starting to come around to the idea.
I'm still maining Greninja, though.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
so eh... what would his final smash be like??

I think it will be something to honor the original game... maybe the other players turn into ghosts and the whole stage turns to the classic pacmangame for a few seconds... catchjing a ghost means a KO!... would be funny actually
They show it in the end. He becomes 2d and gigantic as he chases mario, sonic, and megaman.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not that I was hoping he'd make it, but I figured he would. Congrats to all the Pacman fans!

BTW, SAKURAI WHY DID YOU REVEAL HIM AFTER THE INVITATIONAL?!? YOU COULD'VE CREATED A **** STORM OF HYPE INSTEAD!

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I actually saw a hint toward G&W being playable before this, during the direct. When they were announcing the amiibos (good idea, weird name), they showed a bunch of characters with them. EVERY SINGLE ONE has already been confirmed to be in Smash 4 in some way or another... except for G&W. G&W CONFIRMED... before the Pacman announcement.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
great. I just found my new practice dummy! Klonoa is who I wanted....

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I always got into discussions that Pac-Man was always mentioned and that he would be a playable character. I will admit that I wasn't really enjoying the thought of Pac-Man in the game but after seeing the trailer, I praise Sakurai that we got classic Pac-Man and not the new one! Much like Mega Man, Pac-Man maintains a classic move and his moveset that represents a classic Pac-Man and not a modern one, something I believe all fans were afraid to see if it was real. Overall, Pac-Man is now a part of Smash 4, and I hope we get to see more info about him very soon.

Top Bottom