• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PA doesn't have enough tournaments

Renth

Smash Hero
While i was in Florida there was always people to play every day of the week. Now that i'm in PA i'm seeing that we only have like 1 tournament a month? wtf is that!? in Florida we had a tourn every weekend. If there wasn't a tourn there was always a fest and always a lot of fun.

SO

If enough people agree to this idea i am going to look into getting a venue somewhere either close to where i live or somewhere within a hour of where i live. To run weeklies and if that doesn't work bi-weeklies ect. down the line.

If all else fails i'll be having fests reguarly.

(2 hrs from pittsburgh, 2 hrs from shippensburg, 4 from philly, 4 from scranton roughly 1 1/2 hrs - 2 hrs from lancaster.)

All i need is enough support from a decent amount of people and i'll look into setting up a venue to get the PA scene more active because 1 tourn a month is crap, mega crap, more crap than .. welll.... CRAP.

$5 Housing will be provided to all participants for a nights stay provided we get all of this working the way i want to.

Any suggestions and would enough people be interested... or should i just can the idea now?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I don't believe that there are enough tournaments PERIOD. Here in AR we have the same problem Renth...the only tourneys nearby are held by us and it is just usually our crew then. The nearest one is like 5 hours away. I think it's a good idea. Do it up good!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah 4 hours from Philly is just too far for my blood. Especially, when I can, on most weekends, go to a jersey tournament in less then half that time. Also, MD/VA is only 3 hours away and they have occasional tournaments.

You all need to move to Philly. Western PA is like a whole different country.

Velocity

Smash Lord
i go to a tourny almost every weekend between md/va and nj they cover most weeks though pa always takes priority assuming its within 3 hrs im not drivin more then 3 for one tourny unless i could take a weekend to visit my friend in pitts i might go to another large pitts tourny other then that central should work on more stuff

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
It's called somewhere that isn't 4 hours from philly...We have a problem cause PA is a big state, even the eastern section of PA is big. Somewhere around scranton might be best for the location. Somewhere in the middle, 4 hours I aint makin the trip. I say we have the people that can bring the players pick a location first, not anyone else, cause its them that have the say in it. But for a good turnout, i would actually choose philly. 1. Were just better than everyone else in PA 2. We have a better player(*Cough*...cactuar) 3. Cheesesteaks. 4. Amish people can't make Cheesesteaks 5. No Amish people 6. Not enough Cheesesteaks

pockyD

Smash Legend
It's called somewhere that isn't 4 hours from philly...We have a problem cause PA is a big state, even the eastern section of PA is big. Somewhere around scranton might be best for the location. Somewhere in the middle, 4 hours I aint makin the trip. I say we have the people that can bring the players pick a location first, not anyone else, cause its them that have the say in it. But for a good turnout, i would actually choose philly. 1. Were just better than everyone else in PA 2. We have a better player(*Cough*...cactuar) 3. Cheesesteaks. 4. Amish people can't make Cheesesteaks 5. No Amish people 6. Not enough Cheesesteaks

who are you? i don't actually recall meeting you at any tournament

_umbra_

Smash Champion
There's plenty of tournaments up in the scranton/wilkes barre area, but usually it's only local players that come, unless it's one of the big TGP events. We have weeklys at TGP on tuesdays and sometimes at gizmos (in edwardsville, across river from wilkes barre) on saturdays, pretty much whenever enough people show up. I want to go to tournaments at pittsburgh, philly, etc., but it's too far away for me. :( Still, if you ppl hold another big tournament, i could try to make it + get people to come down, it's just not likely that I could make it.

Velocity

Smash Lord
There's plenty of tournaments up in the scranton/wilkes barre area, but usually it's only local players that come, unless it's one of the big TGP events. We have weeklys at TGP on tuesdays and sometimes at gizmos (in edwardsville, across river from wilkes barre) on saturdays, pretty much whenever enough people show up. I want to go to tournaments at pittsburgh, philly, etc., but it's too far away for me. :( Still, if you ppl hold another big tournament, i could try to make it + get people to come down, it's just not likely that I could make it.
almost only laggy tv's poorly ran no thanks i mean the tourny ran in el komos house was better then any of these events

Brookman

Smash Hero
If you hold it, they will come. (they not including me, or anyone else from ct, since we all suck @ going oos.)

Dark Link 1045

Smash Rookie
Yeah i agree PA defently needs some more tourneys, i mean i just caught on to the whole tourny thing. And i missed the one at Pit Cyberconxion, Couldnt get a ride. And well id appriciate it if someone could well notifyi me if there is a tourney in like a 15min drive of Springdale PA (Roughly 3-7 miles from Pittsburgh Inner city). And yeah Im not driving more than a half hour becuase Im not a freak Like most ppl on here are, that will actually drive like 4hrs to get to a tourney. I mean i have a life, and i suck at driving.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Yeah i agree PA defently needs some more tourneys, i mean i just caught on to the whole tourny thing. And i missed the one at Pit Cyberconxion, Couldnt get a ride. And well id appriciate it if someone could well notifyi me if there is a tourney in like a 15min drive of Springdale PA (Roughly 3-7 miles from Pittsburgh Inner city). And yeah Im not driving more than a half hour becuase Im not a freak Like most ppl on here are, that will actually drive like 4hrs to get to a tourney. I mean i have a life, and i suck at driving.
Notification: theres a tourny in sprindale right now go, quickly and have a drive, suck at life

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol yeah me and sheik went last saturday and the guy was surprised when we asked about smash

then we asked to warm up and he said "sure if you want to pay 7 dollars an hour"

lol

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately, pissing people off is all that you're good for.

You're right. Using Jiggly Puff through a match pisses a lot of people off....or it could be that you're just an idiot that complains too much. Stop taking things too seriously. Play this game like it should be played, with the intention of fun.

Top Bottom