• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Jiggly differences from Melee

GeZ

Smash Lord
Jiggs is fiiiiiine dawg. Her wavedash is mad cute, and she sings you to sleep and knows just what to do.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Does she still have that Brawl-sound when crouching? The squish-squish-squish cuteness?
Can't recall, but oh man I'm doing it next time I play her and I'm hoping it's there because BIG SMILE WILL BE ON MY FACE AT THE OTHER MAD-CUTE TAUNT!!!

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Everybody has already said it, but I'll say it again.
Jigglypuff is frame for frame, stat for stat, the exact same character, so make sure to let you're friend know how wrong he is and then slap his face with a slice of pizza.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Does she still have that Brawl-sound when crouching? The squish-squish-squish cuteness?
Can't recall, but oh man I'm doing it next time I play her and I'm hoping it's there because BIG SMILE WILL BE ON MY FACE AT THE OTHER MAD-CUTE TAUNT!!!
I know this post was forever ago, but I pick Jigglypuff up every now and then just for the squish squish crouches and wavedashes. Cute factor is 3 stronk.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to be able to rest Marth or Sheik for their missed grabs like I can in Melee. Does anyone else have this problem?

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Smashwiki says "Forward throw is significantly weaker, as it now deals almost half the usual damage, and its knockback scaling is considerably worse to the point the attack cannot KO effectively, encouraging Jigglypuff to instead follow-up with aerial attacks."

Is that true or is Smashwiki just being silly again

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
F-Throw is currently different than Melee. The throw has a second hitbox in Melee that can be SDI'd (it's one of the few throws that can be SDI'd). However, the second hitbox does not connect in Project M. We will fix this for the next release.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Question on Dthrow's damage output: Is there any plans to get that increased?

Brawl's Dthrow (sends into a dif trajectory btw) does 11-12% and gets stale down to 9-10% whereas Melee is at 7% Project M currently does mostly 8%...sometimes 7.

@ MonkUnit MonkUnit

EDIT (cuz i'm bored): How about plans to increase her DACUS or maybe even decrease the ending lag of her usmash? I just feel these two tools are lackluster.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
K peeps im in the process of making the a Project M "best version edition" where each character is basically at their best. So what version of Project M is jiggz the best in?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Okay Jigglypuff mains, I'd like to know, definitely, with evidence (video/frame data), if there are any differences between Melee Jigglypuff and PM Jigglypuff. Please omit anything related to throws, we're aware of her throws. A reply to this thread will be all that's necessary.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
With JIggs, you can RAR, DACUS, and you can USmash right out of Dash Attack, like Falco in brawl (he can do it in PM too) Up B is different too, but nothing significant. Other than that (besides me thinking her weight is lighter in PM than Melee) I don't know any.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Okay Jigglypuff mains, I'd like to know, definitely, with evidence (video/frame data), if there are any differences between Melee Jigglypuff and PM Jigglypuff. Please omit anything related to throws, we're aware of her throws. A reply to this thread will be all that's necessary.
There's a little more airtime or some'in (probly also first frame airborne aerials not reducing your height with insta-gravity like they did in Melee), so cool new stuff like SH Bair Nair became possible and dozens of other stuff for the Melee vets that revitalizes them and makes me love PM that much more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixZR3-YiMw#t=239

Last edited:

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Do mechanics also count if they affect the gameplay?
Anything you know of is different is fine. I'm not looking to take away things you all deem better, but I want to hopefully address the deficiencies caused by the differences if there are any.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
+
Gatling Combo and DACUS

Shieldpoke mechanics (shield gets poked if both player&shield collide with the hurtbox having most priority out of these hitting any thing) makes rests on low shields stronger

Footstool -> Rest on some characters

- (Those seem mostly to be things about other characters)
Jiggs doesn't benefit from RAR as much because of the great horizontal air mobility, other characters whose bair is their best spacing move and who hadn't that mobility before (!) can now challenge Jiggs' spacing better.

One thing you might need to check, you can grab a crouching Jigglypuff quite a lot with "high" grabs (it doesn't seem like crouching makes no difference but a lesser one, so probably a bigger part of the grabbox is on the level of the hurtboxes, still not the full window with the tested characters). Maybe the y-Offset of the grabboxes of other characters has changed (more likely imo), or the crouch's hurtboxes extend further down.

*probably adding stuff if I find more*

SoulPech

Smash Master
i forgot all about the footrest combo. It's also one of those tools that are not beneficial and only situational on some characters that I never use it, lol.

xed122

Smash Cadet
Tier list is not based on the offensive collision of a particular move.

You have made a claim and have not provided proof to back that up. please provide proof.
More that i can write there´s no proof, i can´t tape a good quality video, but i can tell you that i have never killed someone with a rest in PM with less that 20%, but in melee you can find videos of rest with lest of 10% and being killed

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

More that i can write there´s no proof, i can´t tape a good quality video, but i can tell you that i have never killed someone with a rest in PM with less that 20%, but in melee you can find videos of rest with lest of 10% and being killed
This is terrible dude.
If you're going to make a claim, go out of your way to back it up.
Find some frame data.
make a low quality video with your cell phone.

Don't throw out anecdotal stories as evidence.

xed122

Smash Cadet
This is terrible dude.
If you're going to make a claim, go out of your way to back it up.
Find some frame data.
make a low quality video with your cell phone.

Don't throw out anecdotal stories as evidence.

its a forum soo i just given my oppinion, if you dont like it then go to antother place

SoulPech

Smash Master
Rest is the same as melee. Rest doesn't kill at 10% (even in melee) unless there's poor DI. There are also many factors, such as stage and characters.

Top Bottom