• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Jiggly differences from Melee

Kati

Smash Lord
Title says it all really. My friend plays Jiggs and is very nitpicky about... everything. What from melee has yet to be fully emulate by P:M for Jiggs? do the brawl animations cause any difference for hit-boxes?

Thank you

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree. Everything feels pretty much the same. Though I wish they'd patch in her crown skin from melee. But until then the nightcap is serving me well enough.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Puff should be be able to cancel grounded sing somehow. The move already never hits, and when it does my opponent wakes up before I do and punishes me.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Though I wish they'd patch in her crown skin from melee. But until then the nightcap is serving me well enough.
There is a crown skin, but it replaces the awesome nightcap.
Although I have noted that her up throw isn't the same, tosses way too high now.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'm throwing the spacies. It might just be me, but I feel like she throws way higher than she used to.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Manual footstool means that, on certain characters, you can footstool into a rest. Don't know which character in particular, but presumably anyone with an upper hitbox as chunky as wario's, because he's the character I'm doing it on.

Functionally, jiggs is basically the same, but technically, there ARE new things you can pull off.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Jiggs is the same, but other chars are better, so it feels like she's changed, but that's not the case. Also, You can footstool Wario into a Rest.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
Wrong you're all wrong about jiggly. There is at least one major difference I've noticed so far. Jiggly's up throw goes much higher than it did before. Before I could up throw and rest heavier characters and there was nothing they could do to stop it, now they go extremely high and comboing/resting is much more difficult out of the up throw.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
Wrong you're all wrong about jiggly. There is at least one major difference I've noticed so far. Jiggly's up throw goes much higher than it did before. Before I could up throw and rest heavier characters and there was nothing they could do to stop it, now they go extremely high and comboing/resting is much more difficult out of the up throw.
Lol. Upthrow->rest ONLY works on spacies (Fox, Falco, Wolf). Let me guess, all of this "testing" upthrow->rest on heavy characters was on CPU's. CPU doesn't always react immediately after the hit stun ends. It really annoys me because I go through my recorded videos to see where I need to improve. I see an awesome combo that I had done, but then notice stupid CPU could have done something right before the finisher connected. Then I'm just sadface. Now the CPU's are just less stupid.

Ninjamo

Smash Cadet
Does anyone actually use Sing? I only remember it being usable in SSB64, and in Melee it was a good way to give your opponent a free hit.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
Lol. Upthrow->rest ONLY works on spacies (Fox, Falco, Wolf). Let me guess, all of this "testing" upthrow->rest on heavy characters was on CPU's. CPU doesn't always react immediately after the hit stun ends. It really annoys me because I go through my recorded videos to see where I need to improve. I see an awesome combo that I had done, but then notice stupid CPU could have done something right before the finisher connected. Then I'm just sadface. Now the CPU's are just less stupid.
No yeah I know but the upthrow is for sure higher now. That's a fact.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lol. Upthrow->rest ONLY works on spacies (Fox, Falco, Wolf).
I think at a certain % it's a true combo on CF (in Melee)

So we're saying 2.6 changed up-throw to go higher or P:M has always had it go higher than Melee?

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
I think at a certain % it's a true combo on CF (in Melee)

So we're saying 2.6 changed up-throw to go higher or P:M has always had it go higher than Melee?
I'm not sure I just started playing Project M. But it's currently much higher than Melee. I think every character goes the same height up now but idk

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is the same, the difference is the characters you face, the surroundings, and the graphics. Going from melee to pm feels odd at first, but going from pm to melee doesn't feel any different ( given that you play as the top tiers)

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff is the same, the difference is the characters you face, the surroundings, and the graphics. Going from melee to pm feels odd at first, but going from pm to melee doesn't feel any different ( given that you play as the top tiers)
Dude i'm sorry but you're wrong. The fast fallers are thrown much much higher now in the upthrow.

SoulPech

Smash Master
the weight of the characters are different. I don't see anything wrong with this :/. Uthrow goes higher because of the other character's weight. If her throw WAS different, her Uthrow + Rest woudlnt work on any of the spacies.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
God you are insane. It's not bad but it is different. There are still heavy characters and they still go higher.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Its not even a change. The u-throw is exactly the same, the result is different as it is the side-effect of a difference between the Brawl and Melee engine which the team is seeking to fix, so compensating for it on every move in the game is beyond stupid.

SoulPech

Smash Master
i still find Puff is the same. Though it feels bair is different to me. Not in the sense of they changed the hitbox of it, but I think the brawl skin makes it appear better. It sounds confusing but i'll explain:

We all know Puff's Bair in Melee was disjointed. When it swung out, it was deceiving when it hit because the hitbox covered her entire foot and like half of it around her foot area. It carried over in P:M, but I think the designers made her feet actually cover the bair hitbox better. I know it sounds confusing and I hope someone understands where i'm coming from xD

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I'd have to agree. Everything feels pretty much the same. Though I wish they'd patch in her crown skin from melee. But until then the nightcap is serving me well enough.
you can download "Alm5252"s Melee jigglypuff costume set on brawlvault if you really want his/her costumes back before the 3.0 update

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
SFX definitely have something to do with it. I don't know how, but they just make Jiggs in PM feel...chunkier. Aside from that, she basically feels like she did in Melee.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I believe that tje data is the same as in melee, but maybe the ThrownN bone in theanimation is way to high, meaning opponents are sent higher cause of animating, not that the move is stronger or its data is wrongly transfer, that is brawl animation fault probably.

Edit:
That post was meant for UpThrow discussion on some posts I saw here

Top Bottom