• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Ranking Battle 1.5 (final) - Sunday, September 5th

mio

Smash Ace
Okay so far I have Fiction, Strain, Andy (& Ash?) in my carpool. I have room for 1 more depending on whether Ash is gonna go. Those getting rides, please text or call me some time today so I can get your addresses. My # is (805) 290-2407. It would be cool if you guys could all meet at someone's house to save time, but I can pick you all up individually if necessary.

I'm gonna leave at like 9:30 am from Ventura, and it takes like an hour to get there. I hope to leave the valley by 11, then get back around noonish. I'll have Levi supervising everything while I'm gone.

mio

Smash Ace
My bad Kevin you actually did ask for a ride, while Strain and his crew did not. My priority, then, will be to pick you and Fiction up first. The other 818ers can get in contact with me via cell phone if they still want rides.

Hit me up guys! I want to pick you all up between 10:30 and 11am

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
all right thats a relief, ill see if i can get a ride to fictions so you can pick us both up thr if not ill send u my adress later (assuming fiction doesnt mind that)

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
i left you a voicemail, mio. i can get to either strain or fiction's house easily, so just let me know where we're meeting up.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
wow mio is such a baller

what other tournament host drives out for like an hour and a half there and back just to help out the homies?

mio

Smash Ace
I do what I must lol. So it's

1. Fiction
2. Kevin
3. Strain
4. Andy

Seats now full. I guess I'll go to strain and fiction's house then? Yeah plz txt me the addresses

joeplicate

Smash Master
so here's my situation:

i'm getting into burbank airport at 10:10 tomorrow on a flight from southwest
hopefully dunk can pick me up!
if not, then johnny may be able to if he won't be driving from riverside
if not, then wes maybe can (he said to use him as a last resort)
if none of these other things work out, i think oscar's gonna pull ultimate homie status and drive to get me

805 990 3776
txt me guise

D

Deleted member

Dunk is in Vegas

I can't go to North Hollywood

Wes is picking up his dad

can't go to this sorry

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'm picking up joe in burbank at like 11:30. if anyone in burbank needs a ride i can pick you up if you're on the way

805 208-0814

DanteFox

Smash Champion
quick shoutouts:

Joe MasterHelmet: Thanks for being awesome about everything. I had fun teaming with you. With a little practice we'll go far. ^_^

Jkun: fun playing against you. I chuckled a bit when you said, "you can keep the dollar, I just wanted to play you seriously."

Mio: dang I forgot to claim my free entry! Oh well maybe next time if you'll let me. :}

Kevin: You suck lol. I hoped to catch you off guard by going fox.

Lovage: I'll get you next time. ;) Get ***** in teams lulz.

craiger: get ***** in teams as well XD

connor: thanks for helping the pools along. these things take long enough as is

replicate: thanks for playing a couple matches with me.

macd: thanks for humoring me with some friendlies. I felt compelled to play you because I know you live kinda far away and I've been steadily improving in the peach matchup. tho you ***** my marth.

strain: thanks for putting up with my jiggs. I know a lot of people don't like playing against jiggs.

fiction: only played one game against you. hopefully more next time.

andy: cool games against your samus. you were ****** me from the edge, and I kept falling for it over and over and over.

cam: your luigi surprised me. good stuff.

TGL: thanks for cheering for me. that was you cheering right? XD

Ryan crashoverride: wow today was just one of those days huh? chin up, and hope your foot gets better fast.

brawl people: play melee

I have a lot to learn regarding matchups.

Lovage

Smash Hero
1. macd + joe
2. connor + psychomidget
3. fiction + unknownpresence
4. lovage + craiger
5. dantefox + helmet
6. strain + andy

1. lovage
2. macd
3. replicate
4. connor
5. fiction
5. psychomidget
7. jkun
7. unknownpresence
---pools cutoff--- 14 entrants total

brendan - the ultimate homie

joe helmet - you're tight, see you in two weeks, keep practicing!!!!

strain & andy - you're both getting waaay better keep it up

irvine - <3333 (gay)

fiction - ******, you're getting unbelievabley beast, come to more tournies and you'll be top 15 very very soon.

kevin - keep practicing keep practicing!!!!!!!!!

mio - thanks so much for hosting again, these tournies own

joe - <33

brawl - sucks

brawl players - yall alright :)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
This was actually a really fun tournament even though now I'm exhausted from all the running back and forth between matches.

the last few brawl matches were just like 2 hours of metaknight dittos which were horrible but at least i won :D (enough money to go to a few more melee tourneys)

I feel like I'm def getting better, but still got ***** LOL

I think by the end of the day I was finally starting to understand high level peach :)

shoutouts:

macd - you are so good at comboing fox no joke. I'll get you someday you can bet on that ;)
joe - you have the most precise and relaxed fox its really fun to play you. ggs
connor - not enough friendlies. sorry i got frustrated in tourney.
lovage - it was fun playing you. no matter how much faster i get im always surprised at how much faster your fox actually is LOL. thanks for cheering me on with your anything + iction calls today :)
jkun - ugh i play you every tourney :(
mio - :D:D:D:D:D:D:D great tourney

craiger

Smash Apprentice
this was a good tourney mio!

strain-glad we could finally do some fox dittos. good stuff man!
lovage-it was fun teamin with you and playin hella friendlies
brendan-fun matches man, and funny drawings! haha
SSBB-joke's still not old
andy-close matches
everyone else-overall pretty good matches

Strain

Smash Apprentice
This was an awesome tourney, but before I get to shoutouts I wanted to ask if anyone knew about the whereabouts of an approximately 14 inch gray Sylvanian tv (the remote says sylvanian so I'm assuming the tv is the same brand). It disappeared right after irvine left and you guys brought a couple tv's so I'm assuming someone took it by accident. If anyone knows what happened to it could they let me know ASAP? It's my brother's and he was reluctant to let me use it for a smashfest earlier so I feel really bad for losing it.

Mio - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RIDE! The tournament was awesome yet again.
Andy - we had like no team chemistry today lol all up in each other's **** we just need to get back into doubles. And eat during the day haha
Helmet - Always nice to see you, although we didn't get to play much AND YOU CALLED ME ANDY lol <3
DantePuff - I know your fox is too afraid of mine after the 3 stock last time ;)
Lovage - as always thanks for tips and friendlies. 1-2'd your falco last time, 1-2'd your fox this time, I'm gunnin' ferr ya :D
Craiger - I wish we could play more :( i'll help train up your marth haha
Unknown - Always good to see you. Hopefully one of these times we won't have to play each other :/ we should try to get together and smash sometimes (fictions's?)
Fiction - god ****it, here I am trying to be the new awesome green fox from 818, but you have to steal my thunder. lol good ****, we need to smash more (and we should do the color glitch so we're both green :D)
Connor - Curse you! I thought you were gonna go falcon on me the third match but you had to go peach :( gg's tho
Cameron - I feel like i choked at the end of both our matches but you probably woulda won anyway so whatever. Plus your shirt was awesome :D
Joe - It was really nice meeting you - your fox is sooooooooo legit and it was fun playing your other characters in friendlies. hope you got home okay :/
Brendan - ****, as usual. and actually playing friendlies!? good ****
Jkun - nice seeing you again, although we didnt get to play :/ what matches did you get recorded?
MacD - I didn't really talk to you but hi!

MacD

Banned via Administration
really glad i decided to come, i had lots of fun, the only downside was the 2 accidents and the fire we had to deal with on the way up, going home took 1 hour and 30 min

i also got pulled over by a cop on the way to chipotle because i "wasn't wearing my seat belt" thankfully i didn't get a ticket but that cop was dumb, oh and fun fact, jenny wasn't wearing her seat belt (though she put it on as we pulled over)

i'll probably come to the next one if there isn't another tourney that weekend

brenden- great to see you, too bad the tourney was being asian and we didn't get to go to mongolian bbq, next time for sure

lovage- you ***** me, sorta as expected, i'll work on it and see what i can do in 2 weeks

joe- still getting better which is good too see, our losers finals set had the oddest counterpicks if people just look at the match up

dantefox- no worries, it was fun playing you those couple matches

fiction- keep it up, i know it can be frustrating at times, especially playing fox if you start to get ***** a stock or two, hope to see you at more tournies

mio- thanks for hosting, nice venue

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
shouties

my cute pools - never stop being the best
craig - youre getting a lot better. keep going to tournaments and never give up! stop teching left
joe - you beat hax. good ****. also thanks a lot for asking how old my sheik was LOL i was stoked
oscar - ****. your tech is crazy. masrutbation must be a blasturbation. but really, dont stop IT FEELS SO GOOD UUUUNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mio - thanks 4 hosting. you ****. cooooooool itg skillz SDG! almost DDE!!!!
levi - you dont read the boards <3

ryan - get better soon!
joe - man ganon is so sick. and subway sucks monkey ***, if you dont go there you wont have a bad experience. just sayinnnnnnnnnn
dante - ya man u were getting too much h8 ::::( dantepuff is fine with me

andy - sorry if i was terribly boring to play LOL idk how to do stuff
strain - strained so hard he POOPED! any brendan would be honoured to share a name with you
kevin magic's johnson - i dunno how you guys can play both games. AND HOLD UP BOTH BRACKETS
FICTION - cute as ever

MacDro - thanks for driving. i love seeing you guys. and omg flirting with you is the bees knees, the dogs ******** :3
connie - irvine sucks. move to the 805 so we can be neighbors. and then we can hang out all the time and ill whisper sweet nothings in your ear while you play and you wont get frustrated ever again. you beat G MONEY at pats house. i know u still got it in you. (i mean my pen0r) see you in 10-20 years :)
jkun - ILL NEVER GIVE YOU CVS2 BACK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
cammy - i love rubbing your body. also, sick weegee
jenny - hope you werent BORED playing WoRlD oF wArCrAfT

any i forgot - my b
brawlers who read the boards (erik, typh, etc.) - you ****. and its cool you play brawl. xcept for rich brown

BRAWLERS WHO DONT - YOU SHOULD PROBABLY EAT POOP INSTEAD

also im gonna camp as hard as i can in friendlies so BE WARNED

mio

Smash Ace
Ranbat 1.4 was fkin tight! I didn't really have that competitive spirit yesterday, so I took a break from entering all the tournaments. Psychomidget, I'm sorry but ur gf is really ****ing cute! Ur a lucky dude with a sick Luigi, I wanna be more like you. Anyways, as of Ranbat 1.4, the current overall rankings are:

Brawl
1st: Junk - 25 (+5)
2nd: DEHF - 20
3rd: Rich Brown - 15 (+1)
4th: Fiction - 10 (+10)
5th: SomeRandomKid - 8
6th: BarDulL - 7 (+7)
6th: ViceGrip - 7 (+1)
7th: Jordon - 6
7th: Zork - 6 (+1)
8th: Typh - 3 (+3)
9th: Curtis - 1 (+1)
9th: Dragulze -1
9th: Truth - 1
9th: Kevin Magic - 1
9th: John - 1
9th: Mio - 1
9th: Zack - 1
9th: Cecil - 1

Melee
1st: Lovage - 27 (+10)
2nd: DanteFox - 13
3rd: Helmet - 12
4th: Smoke2Jointz - 10
5th: DEHF - 7
5th: macd - 7 (+7)
5th: Kevin Magic - 7 (+1)
6th: Replicate - 5 (+5)
6th: Craiger - 5
7th: Mio - 4
8th: Connor - 3 (+3)
9th: Jkun - 1 (+1)
9th: Psychomidget - 1 (+1)
9th: Fiction - 1 (+1)
9th: Strain - 1
9th: Crash Override - 1
9th: Andeh - 1
9th: S2R - 1
9th: Double D - 1
9th: Soren - 1
9th: LEV! - 1

Thanks everyone who was able to make it out! The final ranking battle (1.5) is in two weeks, on Sunday, August 15th. Who's gonna win the grand prize of the accumulated pot, a new controller and game? Will Lovage and Junk continue to dominate the brackets, or will someone steal their glory at the next tourney and take the title of "Ranbat Champion"? Who knows! Find out at the final chapter of this amazing tournament series in a couple weeks. I will make shoutouts in a later post. For now, good **** everyone!

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

mio: thanks so much for the ride to the tourney. keep practicing melee so you can join the mix at 1.5. i look forward to playing your luigi :)
strain: i know man, i know... it was just a bad doubles day. we'll get it down
unknown: didnt play you much, but let's definitely get together for melee training after apex
craiger: yeah close matches man. you're getting better at a high rate
helmet: good matches. your ganon is sick
dante: i like your style. i think i told you this in my last shoutouts, but your fox is different from other foxes for some reason. i wanna play your puff a little more too. fun matches
lovage: didn't play you much man. from what i observe, your fox seems to slowly be turning into an AI fox
joe: you're a cool dude. hope to play your bada$$ fox some more :)
jkun: cool matches. i'm definitely improving on my marth matchup because of you
macd: we had some close matches, although i felt you were hardly trying when playing me (even in pools). i'll make sure to make you try your best the next time we meet
fiction: good stuff on winning brawl and playing well in melee. i look forward to training with ya

ALSO,
SOMEONE took my homie strain's tv and no one has posted about it yet. please get back to him about it if you haven't already. thanks

-Andeh

Adam M!

Smash Lord
fiction - ******, you're getting unbelievabley beast, come to more tournies and you'll be top 15 very very soon.
Tsorry i got frustrated in tourney.
not if he keeps choking! i told steven fiction was a choker! i can spot chokers a mile away being one myself!

dude that'd be a good list actually: biggest chokers

0. me
1. connor
2. jason (black)
3. ????
4. profit

also im gonna camp as hard as i can in friendlies so BE WARNED
how will that help u improve

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
great tourny thnx mio for hosting it and picking me up

fiction - what can i say, ull soon be the **** at both melee and brawl like larry
Dante - sorry man, u play a lot like aj, thats probly the only reason i beat ur fox gg's
jkun - sorry we didnt play, ud probly beat me anyway. nice seeing tho
brandon - always a pleasure
lovage - thnx for the advice but its wasted energy, I suck at this game ><
strain - u keep beating me nuff said
andy - u will soon be beating me nuff said
macD - sorry for just exiting out of our game that was bad on my part
cameron - how did i almost beat u with Mew2 and not marth O.o
Joe - always fun playing/talking with ya. give ryan my regards

brawl ppl - u dont read this anyway

joeplicate

Smash Master
this was a really fun tournament

mio: good **** hosting, i love the venue, and good **** driving out to get everybody like a boss. nice talking, i still wanna play ddr/itg with you hella bad, hope we get to chill at the next 805 party night!!

levi: lookin' like a boss, that espresso was the best dollar $2 i've ever spent. rock climbing is too legit man, keep at it cause i know i will.

macd: grr! fun teaming, although i wish it was a bit of a bigger doubles tourney. i swear i'm about to start beating your azz, i've got this ;)

lovage: good ****, thank you very much for picking me up from the airport, i'm gonna get on your level, just wait

strain: nice meeting you, you have an annoying technical fox that was fuking up my secondaries lol. thanks for cheering for me too, i really appreciate it. i hope you find your TV, i asked irvine and nobody found it =(

craiger: i think your dragon avatar is really weird. you have a cool style though, i wanna see you get better

fiction: stop choking! lol it's something that i know you can get over though, i swear it's easy enough to do. just focus on the game, and if you really calm yourself down and devote all of your mental resources to the screen in front of you there will be no room for choking/nervousness. what are your thoughts when you're playing brawl, are they any different?

andy: nice samus, you'll get there man :). "nice fox" is a great compliment, thank you haha

dantefox: haters gon hate, i think you're legit and your puff is really good. i wish we got to play more ;0

connor: salt free set? we're getting there ;) i've been trying to think "it's just a game, and it doesn't matter if you fail/get hit because you'll learn and get better." although it doesn't work 100% on it's own, it's definitely given me a lot more confidence and made me a whole less salty about losing. stay positive!

cameron: you still exist!

brendan: we better get at the mongolian BBQ game night. that will make me very very happy

joe #2: i guess i get to say that cause i've been around longer LOL. good games, i try to never sandbag against gannon because he can be really scary once you start teching into his enormous fairs! keep at it

jkun: i finally understand why people think you're annoying. nobody cares who you beat in friendlies LOL!!! jk, it was still cool to see you even though IRVINE SUCKS

me: i swear i got this! each piece of the puzzle is falling into place. don't care about losing in tournament, and especially not in friendlies, it's better to get hit than run away so you can learn new things, keep yo spacing so you can make more reads and learn more! ima be practicing and mess **** up at the next tournament!

everyone else: good seeing y'all, till next time!

Top Bottom