• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of Sheild options.

§witch

Smash Lord
Wolf doesn't have many reliable options OoS, so we had better start brainstorming on the options we do have, and improve upon them.

1) Grab, it goes without saying.

2) Nair- A full hop Nair OoS is safe from any retaliation, and provided you land the first hit, is actually very good.

3) Usmash- Save this for when, for example, a snake bairs into your shield.

List more and discuss.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...The first thing that came to my mind was, er, D-Smash.

>.>

It's faster and deadlier than Wolf's Up Smash. Someone uses a SH-aerial on your shield, like Snake's B-Air in the USmash case (Okay, well, no Snake would SH a B-Air...)- bam, instant edge-guard situation or death, depending on damage.

Though that'd be better if you're opponent's in the ~70 or above range.

I have a good idea though, how 'bout some B-Air? We never use that. :bee:

:gheb01:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
SH fair? Everyone loves some claws in their face. Nair is lacking in range, usually when you can nair you can shieldgrab, so why not shieldgrab?

:059:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah, fair and Bair OoS is nice. Though, you can't hit with an OoS Bair on shorter characters, because it's a rising Bair...

Oh, and Fair has a lot of priority or something.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hi. I'm a Wolf noob. Got tired of people ****** my Boozer on trashy wifi and started playing Wolf randomly. Needless to say Wolf is pretty god like against the constant stream smash happy Ike players who use to **** because of lag and disjointed hitboxes. x_x

Anyway, a good OoS is a fast attack with as little after lag as possible or at least enough range to compansate with combo potential being a plus.

Thus, shouldn't DownB and Jab be good options?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
They are not technically out of shield because they both involve the 7 frame lag of dropping your shield. Well, jump Shine is OoS, but yeah

Things that I'd consider OoS: Fair, Bair, Nair, Dair, Uair, Jump canceled Usmash, Jump? xD Oh yeah, grab.

Top Bottom