• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OU Lead Evaluation

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
CC is probably a 3hko, so it does nothing but U-turn out to Rotom-A or whatever else will scare it off/outspeed it, but it gets rocks up in that turn...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
A really fun way I've been getting around lead Machamps:

Aerodactyl > Rotom-H to absorb the DP > Guts/Flame Orb/Adamant Heracross to take the Payback and OHKO with Close Combat.

I'd post a few warstories of this example but they're on my other computer. It has worked every time for me so far.

EDIT: Actually I remember there was ONE time where my opponent opened with Payback and my Rotom was immediately OHKOed... :\

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, that's all it does to metagross/jirachi, u-turn out to something that can kill it

i was just experimenting with it and it's okay

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hippowdon is good match-up, since you can switch to a Starmie or something.

What do you mean by "a chance of beating LeadNape"?

How much does Jirachi's Head Smash Iron Head do?

Overall, I like it. Mostly because it has U-Turn.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, if leadnape doesn't fire blast turn 2,staraptor wins
also, there is a small chance that fake out to fife blast doesn't KO

Jirachi's head smash does I think roughly 35% (on average), I'm on my phone so I don't get to use the calculator

it works like machamp leads but needs more team support, especially against jirachi, metagross, and hippowdon

lastly, I hate these people using stuff like 4 attack azelf leads and specsmie leads, it's so frustrating

swampert actually works really well with it since it can take jirachi and metagross on, and then **** leadnape and leadtran, and if swampert has surf, it can beat hippowdon

the EVs guarantee that it outruns max speed timid heatrans, the rest are put into HP for some bulk

quick attack is there to finish of weakened leads (brave bird -> quick attack is always a 2HKO on azelf), lum berry is so roserade never wins, but I could always run scarfraptor, but I like this lead currently

there's also the chance of running this set:

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Intimidate / Jolly
242 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Return
U-turn

This EV spread allows it to outrun and 2HKO Aerodactyl, OHKO Machamp, and 2HKO on Azelf. It nets the 2HKO on Heatran but that depends on Heatran attacking or not (if he does, you lose, if he doesn't he loses). There's no need to run Quick Attack and using Return gets a 2HKO on Azelf while not taking any damage from recoil. Timid is being run allowing Staraptor to have more bulk. It now has a chance of surviving the odd 4 attack Azelf lead Thunderbolt/Ice Beam and survives Starmie's equivalents also. That's also with no boosting item.

the other possibility is running the other spread with a life orb so you always get the KO on heatran, which could work to your benefit.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lolprediction.

Thinking a tiny bit makes this game like 10 times more awesome because almost everybody has completely mechanical responses to certain threats.

Moozle

Smash Champion
That's why substitute Machamp works so well now, kirbyraeg. I had a heatran lead and I immediately switched in to Rotom to take the DP, but my opponent just subbed. There goes my rotom :( Machamp leads are soooo common it's insane.

Niiro

Smash Ace
CB Crobat is a monster lead imo. Inner focus so 'free' damage from fake out is pointless, can OHKO Machamp with Brave Bird, and Uturn against everything else. Fun fun :D

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Hey guys let's talk about scarfed scizor as a lead since you're all hard for things with U-turn in the first slot.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk/216 Spe/40 HP
Jolly / Technician

Bullet Punch
U-turn
Pursuit
Superpower

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm talking about if they Bullet Punch your Aerodactyl.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hey guys let's talk about scarfed scizor as a lead since you're all hard for things with U-turn in the first slot.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk/216 Spe/40 HP
Jolly / Technician

Bullet Punch
U-turn
Pursuit
Superpower
I think I'm the only one who likes U-Turn leads in that way.
They just adapt to almost all situations perfectly.

Lead Scizor certainly is an interesting idea, even if you're joking. You don't do so well against Machamp, though. Adamant CB Aerial Ace OHKOs Machamp, for what it's worth.

Also where is the Iron Head.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't aware that switching out of a situation was considered adapting to it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hitting Azelf with U-Turn and switching to Flygon is very much adapting.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm talking about if they Bullet Punch your Aerodactyl.
Oh I always switch out Dactyl against Machamp leads. The situation almost always looks like this:

Dactyl is sent out.
Champ is sent out.
I switch to Rotom H to absorb the Dynamic Punch/Bullet Punch/or the rare Ice Punch/Stone Edge.
I switch from Rotom H to Heracross. Heracross always takes a Payback here.
Flame Orb is activated and Machamp is out-sped and OHKOed by Close Combat.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
And...who wouldn't bring their own Rotom-A in vs. your Heracross?

Come to think of it, who wouldn't bring in a resist vs. something that will clearly **** you up with a fighting/bug-type move?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
kirbyraeg, you're assuming that people use more than one pokemon on their team. That's just stupid.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"My Machamp 2HKOs your Aerodactyl with Dynamicpunch and Bullet Punch"
"I switch to Rotom-A to take either of them"
"I predict your switch to Rotom-A and Payback"
"I predict your prediction and switch to Flame Orb Guts Heracross and OHKO with Close Combat"
"I predict your Close Combat and switch to Rotom-A"
"I predict your switch to Rotom-A and use Night Slash"
I ragequit.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I prefer...

I dwell amidst the abounding light of heaven! Thou art at the gate to the underworld! Come forth, thunder of the gods! This ends here! Indignation!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In front of me Raphael. Behind me, Gabriel. On my right Michael. On my left, Uriel. Five shining stars surrounding my four side raise flare. Six shining stars shine in the light pillar. Ater malkt va geblar ve deduler lu aurlam amen..!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWERRR! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

SHIIINIIIIIING FIIINNNGERRRR!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
In front of me Raphael. Behind me, Gabriel. On my right Michael. On my left, Uriel. Five shining stars surrounding my four side raise flare. Six shining stars shine in the light pillar. Ater malkt va geblar ve deduler lu aurlam amen..!
Silent Mobius >_>

This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWERRR! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

SHIIINIIIIIING FIIINNNGERRRR!
BEST SHOW EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

With the best intro ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyzPTE7fDxU

Top Bottom