• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. Please stop acting like a tough guy and implying physical violence on an INTERNET FORUM, that **** just makes you look pathetic.

2. Don't come into this community with that **** attitude, we're all supposed to be cool.

3. the whole game situation doesn't even include you. Brian is not trying to "steal" it

4. I can play a few matches vs you next time I do come, and then I'll let you decide how much money you want this for. Sound cool?

5. Don't resort to violence over the internet because of something that doesn't directly affect you at all

6. Don't bring this **** into the Ottawa community, nobody wants it
1. Yeah, looking back, this is just a video game forum. Physical violence doesn't belong here (but it does on others).

2. You "started it" (as infantile as that sounds) with your douchebag replies. "Mind your own business" isn't terribly "cool".

3. No game, no tournament, no? While I have no doubt that there is no intention of stealing it per se, like I wrote before, I've been in the exact same situation before (and it was with a 'friend' as well).

4. Very much so. In the end this is all just about playing more Brawl. Get your *** over to the smashfests already.

5. The violence WAS a bit much, but the effect part comes from the lack of tournament (and being highly disrespectful of Cameron by not returning his goods when he asks for them).

6. Please say "Ottawa Smash Community". Ottawa has many communities... But you're right, violence doesn't belong here. Of course, neither does borrowing things without promptly returning them.

Everythings 'cool' only when and if Cameron gets his game back (which is today according to Brian's post, no?).

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. I'm bad against pk fire spamming in brawl, I can take on almost anything else.
2. I'm sexy.
3. That pool business was stupidity, we talked about that often. Cam, the smart people know that the pools were fine, as were the brackets. People that ***** when they should play better suck.
4. This numbering fashion is really lame.
5. No more flaming, I'll hand out redcards freely.

Ivan, forget about the story. Don't put fuel in the fire. Have more tact in the future.
Dice, don't take everything so seriously, when he said he'd beat up the dude or whatever, he probably meant it in an "enforcer of justice" way. Relax, stop the head hunting, you're overreacting, just /ignore.
Locke, give the **** game back.
Fogel, if you guys come down for a brawl weekend, we'll come down in O-town as well.
Tect, I restarted playing badminton.
Rimi, brawl online sucks, take the bus here.
everyone else, hi, how's brawl? I heard it was a good game- TRIPPING O LOL. I main Fox. I have a good DK. Everything else is over-par because I am a killing machine. Don't play Olimar or Sonic, they are demonic icons.

Dice

Smash Lord
hi2u chester!

Ivan - I still don't agree with some of the stuff you say, but thats okay, I don't agree with a lot of things in general >_> Let's just put this aside and I'll try and make it to a smashfest in the near future and I'll be glad to play you either money match or pride match :p up to you. i'll show everyone why kirby is top tier material :D

EDIT - Basically what I'm saying is, forgive and forget sound cool? I think yayuhz

IvanEva

Smash Ace
4. This numbering fashion is really lame.
:( It was my contribution to society... I love my numbering system... Otherwise, yeah, you speak words of wisdom.

Ivan - I still don't agree with some of the stuff you say, but thats okay, I don't agree with a lot of things in general >_> Let's just put this aside and I'll try and make it to a smashfest in the near future and I'll be glad to play you either money match or pride match :p up to you. i'll show everyone why kirby is top tier material :D

EDIT - Basically what I'm saying is, forgive and forget sound cool? I think yayuhz
Yeah, all's good. Let's see how your Kirby fares against my Jigglypuff. :jigglypuf > :kirby: :laugh:

EDIT: Cameron, apparently I've been speaking too highly of your Smashfests as now I have more buddies who want to come. So, in total, I've got myself and Orlando (we'll both almost always show up if we can), his brother (who never seems to show up anymore), my brother (who'll eventually show up - apparently he was going to show up last time but I forgot to pick him up :embarrass), Jan and Jobin (polish dude and small dude with glasses - they'll show up every now and then), and now two others who are interested in checking it out: Dan and Eric. A bit overkill, eh? Smashfest attendance seems to be pretty random so I'll see if I can get an idea of who will want to come each week. What's the limit on how many of those people I can bring at any one time?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh snap, lot's of people. If we could get the ball rolling on regular attendance and stuff, we could possibly have weekly tournaments and good stuff all around.

I'm still wanting to get some Glebe area stuff going on, maybe a weekly smashfest of our own. Sh0ck moved away and I have no idea where to. Redline is no longer posting anything, so it's just Suo, myself, and I think Tect is in the area.

If we can get some regular attendance and good amounts of people, what do people think about chipping in some money so Fogel can buy another T.V. or such? I don't think his 3/4 T.V.'s will start to cut it and I personally hate doubles, so...

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Weekly tournaments? (Prize or no, tournament settings add a fun sense of pressure and help people get better) Sounds great if it happens. Has anybody tried out Brawl's tournament mode yet? Can it do double elimination? I'd also like to try out a 'crew battle' to see how those go.

I can chip in $20 (or slightly more) if other people chip in as well. How much would a nice, cheap TV be? Although, personally, I'd rather we just use rotation (and less stocks) more. That way we all get to play against different people more often.

Dice

Smash Lord
If there were weekly tournaments I'd be there every week for sure, just for like a small prize of $2 a person or something. I'm still terrible with nerves in tournament matches

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Wow...lots of drama eh? Anyways, I can't come over this week because of reason related to the fact I have asian parents.

I can chip in $20 (or slightly more) if other people chip in as well. How much would a nice, cheap TV be? Although, personally, I'd rather we just use rotation (and less stocks) more. That way we all get to play against different people more often.
And in my opinion, I don't like the rotation option unless there are a small amount of people per Wii, the last time I found the waiting time to be way too long and found myself really dissapointed when I lost only to wait for another 6 minutes for my turn. I prefer the 3/4 people per wii thing, but if things get too hectic, I'm willing to do rotation.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
If there were weekly tournaments I'd be there every week for sure, just for like a small prize of $2 a person or something. I'm still terrible with nerves in tournament matches
It sounds good. Can most people bring, say, $1 or even 50 cents every time for a mini-tournament? I'd really love that. Half (probably around $4 or so) would go to Cameron (hosting, hydro bill) and the winner gets the other half.

The last time I had any sort of "tournament" was with Street Fighter 3 and it was among friends and with no prizes. Even so, just labeling something a 'tournament' makes the nerves kick into high gear and the fighting styles change. A weekly, $1 each, tournament would do wonders on helping tournament nerves. If it's anything like public speaking, it only goes away with a lot of practice.

And in my opinion, I don't like the rotation option unless there are a small amount of people per Wii, the last time I found the waiting time to be way too long and found myself really dissapointed when I lost only to wait for another 6 minutes for my turn.
Ah, good point. I guess I unknowingly liked rotation the most because I was edging out the most wins (something that certainly won't happen next time - go Yoshi!). I guess the best middle ground is one tournament and the rest the same as always. My only problem is that I like playing against everybody as everybody plays pretty differently at this point and with different characters (have you picked a main yet Cameron?). Like, even though he's always there, I've only played against SAUS, like, twice.

Fogel

Smash Lord
- If chesterr cheetah zero one thinks numbered lists aren't good, maybe we can try bulleted lists?
- Remember, the smashfest is on Thursday for this week.
- I gave my brother the wii back for the week, so I won't have it at the smashfest. Therefore, people who don't normally bring their wiis should bring them, since we will be down a wii. I will get it back for the smashfest after the next one (next Friday's).
- While I won't say no to people pooling together to buy me a TV, if people want more setups it's probably better if other people start bringing their own TVs. Alternatively, check around on garbage day for Commodore monitors in the garbage :p That's how Lanowen got his, and my secondary one (the one that randomly spazzes out) was also 'garbage'.
- I am glad Harold and Mitch were able to talk things out. However, this leads to my next point...
- Brian didn't ever drop by to give me Lunar 2 today :( ToS5 will remain held hostage until it is returned. Also, someone should let him know that I'll have to work late Wednesday, so I won't be at home until 8 again.
- Every bullet in this list has a colored section!

EDIT: Cameron, apparently I've been speaking too highly of your Smashfests as now I have more buddies who want to come. So, in total, I've got myself and Orlando (we'll both almost always show up if we can), his brother (who never seems to show up anymore), my brother (who'll eventually show up - apparently he was going to show up last time but I forgot to pick him up :embarrass), Jan and Jobin (polish dude and small dude with glasses - they'll show up every now and then), and now two others who are interested in checking it out: Dan and Eric. A bit overkill, eh? Smashfest attendance seems to be pretty random so I'll see if I can get an idea of who will want to come each week. What's the limit on how many of those people I can bring at any one time?
Just bring em all over, we can always move a TV or 2 upstairs to make more space.

edit: No, I don't have a main yet. I'm considering just 'maining' all the characters I think will be top tier/are really annoying to play against.

tect

Smash Journeyman
RAWR . can't make thursday i don't think. i'll be racing then training that day =(

where was that MK palyer from? not just queen's but his hometown?

p.s. i don't main anyone either, i just use some more xD and YES i am back in the glebe about a 2 minute walk away from the high school, less than 5 minutes from bank st.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I'm super busy right now, trying to get all my credits to graduate, so I've been MIA around here.

I love the idea of a smashfest in the glebe area Jazriel, I have a friend or two who would show up quite often along with myself. I guess we'll have to see how much support we can garner though.

I also love the idea of a weekly or bi-weekly tournament setup, as I see that as really the only way to strengthen our community, and thus each other. Again, this would need coordination and support.

I'll be pretty busy up until around june 20th at the earliest, but if I can swing it, I might try to pop by Fogel's Smashfest finally, not sure what week though, I'll try to bring my wii if I do.

Anyway, I hope everyones doing well.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Good stuffs. Tect, we should try to get some games in. I may be (most likely) able to bring my MK-maining-noob-but-incredibly-annoying-and-made-me-play-Ness-a-lot-because-it-counters-MK friend as well.

He's interested in playing Smash and getting better, so he'd probably love to come.

Fogel, you should probably consider playing MK/Wolf/G&W some more. Those are the top tiers and I think Snake is being nominated for #4. I know G&W is can be really annoying. He has decent attacks, but the properties are extremely annoying (like his BROKEN uair). MK is just... MK, and Wolf has hidden potential (frame-perfect on-command Super Armour Frames anyone?). And of course there's Marth... >_>

I'm liking (I have no idea how to spell that word o.O) Ness a lot, who knows, maybe I'll main him or something. I'm still deciding as well.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yo, anyone else here from Kanata? Got a few buddies who play too. Looking for other people.
>_>

I've already told you, PM FOGEL! He lives in Kanata, we have weekly smashfests.

Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.
Just do it.

Peer pressure ftw!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fogel, you should probably consider playing MK/Wolf/G&W some more. Those are the top tiers and I think Snake is being nominated for #4. I know G&W is can be really annoying. He has decent attacks, but the properties are extremely annoying (like his BROKEN uair). MK is just... MK, and Wolf has hidden potential (frame-perfect on-command Super Armour Frames anyone?). And of course there's Marth... >_>

I'm liking (I have no idea how to spell that word o.O) Ness a lot, who knows, maybe I'll main him or something. I'm still deciding as well.
imo, MK, snake. apparently falco is murder, he's considered for top. wolf is good, I've been playing him, bair is ****. actually a lot is ****.

ok now that's enough, I'm gonna go to brian's house and ****in murder him ya? because you guys be messin with us ya?

I be smashin dem *****es lik they aint no thang
srsly. I sent a msg to brian on msn already. spam that noob.

Dice

Smash Lord
Brian got called into work both monday and tuesday night so he had to work late both nights. He'll be there tonight, don't worry.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
BURN THE WITCH DOWN!!!!

(there's like a day of *****ing left)

In other news, Wak is in Montreal. He's pretty good at both smashes, I'm happy he can play both games too. A lot of people seem to not be able to play both games. I mean, it takes me a good 10 games to get back in the game after a few weeks. Do any of you still play melee at all?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Fogel's in Nepean? lol, not knowing the city ftw.

I've been keeping up with my melee tech skills. I'm definitely out-of-the-loop with it though. I did manage to beat Arsenic's Shiek though ^_^

A few things have really thrown me off though. I can't play Bowser, DK, or Mario at all, and I'm forgetting that I need to l-cancel with Marth.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
YES! DO IT! Lucas + Ness + Toon Link = school yard fight! Then, player 4 can be Snake as the principal who'll then choke us and send us to detention (I went to a catholic school - that's how they do it there).

Fogel

Smash Lord
I totally forgot to reply to the whole tier thingy, gg me

The only one of those four mentioned that I've actually played much is MK. Snake and Wolf I can maybe see being good, I should try them out more. I don't see how G&W is top tier though. Sure, he is faster and his bair is really good now, but he still seems to get wrecked by the other really good chars in this game.

Snake seems fun to play though, he's like yet another Ganon!

Ganon = Normal Ganon
Ike = Sword Ganon
Dedede = Hammer Ganon
Snake = Aerials and tilts Ganon that can set up traps

Damax

Smash Lord
I totally forgot to reply to the whole tier thingy, gg me

The only one of those four mentioned that I've actually played much is MK. Snake and Wolf I can maybe see being good, I should try them out more. I don't see how G&W is top tier though. Sure, he is faster and his bair is really good now, but he still seems to get wrecked by the other really good chars in this game.

Snake seems fun to play though, he's like yet another Ganon!

Ganon = Normal Ganon
Ike = Sword Ganon
Dedede = Hammer Ganon
Snake = Aerials and tilts Ganon that can set up traps
G&W has an horribly good down smash that kills at 90% on sweet spot. the range is also ****ing rigged

Fogel

Smash Lord
OK, I got back Lunar 2. As promised, I will contact the church soon to ask about availability for ToS5. Does anyone know of any upcoming weekends that will definitely be bad for them? If some days are bad for a lot of people I can try to avoid them.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
The weekend on the 16th (the long weekend?) I'm gone. Other than that sometime before exams and any other time is good. If you want I can promote this through out my school and stuffs.

Just as a side note, Fogel, you might want to consider using a Community Centre or some such. I have no clue about their availability, but it might be something good to look into.

P.S. I wanna play some Lunar 2 tomorrow :p We'll have a Lunar 2, Melee, and Brawl T.V.(s) lol.

Locke)

Smash Ace
For anyone and everyone: The brawl internet thing is currently down so I checked the website for tech support and found this interesting little tidbit:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, our servers may be experiencing a high amount of traffic, and many issues will resolve themselves. If you have not been able to connect with other players for online play, please keep in mind it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to seek out and find compatible matches, so be sure to wait long enough before choosing to stop seeking for other players.

So I'm no techie but that makes me believe online play isnt just Wii to Wii.

Damax

Smash Lord
For anyone and everyone: The brawl internet thing is currently down so I checked the website for tech support and found this interesting little tidbit:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, our servers may be experiencing a high amount of traffic, and many issues will resolve themselves. If you have not been able to connect with other players for online play, please keep in mind it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to seek out and find compatible matches, so be sure to wait long enough before choosing to stop seeking for other players.

So I'm no techie but that makes me believe online play isnt just Wii to Wii.
he is talking about with anyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom