• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) smashfest - Jan. 28th!

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
i'm already signed up as gannonpwn's friend, i'll probably be there

i'm just saying jigglypuff is so hot ...

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
The edit button is your friend by the way.

Wak I'll mm you for $1/2, I can pick a low tier to go against your YL or falcon/falco vs your sheik (I need sheik practise), it's up to you.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Oh look at those ****, they're so scared of my Sheik they try to hide this thing from me... I'll try to come, if I'm not too busy with school and work. I'm accepting money matches.

Stadium, think we could do like last time? As in, je prends le bus jusque dans ton trou noir, pis tu me fais un lift jusque là-bas? En passant, on se gèle les pieds dans ton char.

Reaver

Smash Cadet
I'll definately be going, might even be able to bring a TV (not 100% sure on it yet, will have to get back.) I'm part of GanonPWN's crew and it should be fun to get to play new people. I've also heard of Chester and that he's pretty good o.O Hoping to learn a thing or two :)

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
just watched some vids of chesterr01, after seeing these i'm not sure if i want to go, this kid really sucks and i dont think hes worth my time.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
actually it's Captain Vexed's crew starring Kwalin, reaver, shuriken and ganonpwn(***) are just followers

Unfortunately Kwalin is going to the Dutch SSBM tournament which he wins annually

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
GanonPWN! said:
just watched some vids of chesterr01, after seeing these i'm not sure if i want to go, this kid really sucks and i dont think hes worth my time.
hum

what?

Locke)

Smash Ace
GanonPWN! said:
O.O Which videos did you watch?

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
look here vexed, i DOUBLE Your post cOUNT READ EM DOUBLE... SO WHOS CREW IS IT NOW?

locke): it be ajoke!

TestRider

Smash Ace
People these days can't detect sarcasm, I tell you...

Oh by the way, would anyone challenge No Mercy to a team money match? I'm sure Team Darkness is open to the idea too, right vodka?

Fogel

Smash Lord
This thing is turning out to be more popular than I expected! I bugged some of my friends to bring more TVs and cubes, so hopefully things will be ok there. Only 3 weeks away!

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Fogel, I'm going to have to change our mm with my falco, I've officially given up falco. He just isn't working out. But if you want to money match my falcon or whoever I choose as a second, marth is looking nice right about now, then I'm up for it.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
god i want to go so bad but i have a physics exam on the monday after and that weekend is really the only time i have to study for it >.<

i still might make it

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
i play falco, i used to play falcon but i quit him cause he was a noobcake and not very fun. I find falco takes a lot faster hands

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's a tip for passing your exam without spending your week-end on it:
-listen well in class
-make sure you understand your notes as you write them
-don't wait the week-end before to study for an exam.

Now stop being a ***** and come to the god **** smashfest.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
Here's a tip for passing your exam without spending your week-end on it:
-listen well in class
-make sure you understand your notes as you write them
-don't wait the week-end before to study for an exam.

Now stop being a ***** and come to the god **** smashfest.
passing isn't the hard part, getting 100% is

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
ya i'm not saying the course in general is hard but 100% is tough because you can't make a single mistake you big noob

Locke)

Smash Ace
Listen take your physics problems to physicsboards.com (doesnt exist dont try it)
quit makin up excuses to not come. Just get there, have a good time, and dun worry about physics, cuz 98% is still as good as 100.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
the real reason he quit CF was because the ICS pwn so bad !

Good theory, except how can it explain this phenomenon:

If i quit CF because ice climbers are good agaisnt him why would i play another fast faller like Falco who can get combo'd just the same. Why wouldn't i pick samus or link (Who're supposively the bane of the ICs)
stupid noob

Fogel

Smash Lord
mitch: That's fine. Don't worry so much about picking characters ahead of time, we can work out the MM details at the fest if you're undecided about who to use.

chet: <3 chet is good at the Internet and giving advice. Tell some of those Ottawa U guys about the fest if you see them, I don't think I got a chance to tell that Sheik guy.

vexed: Good luck getting 100%, even if you know the stuff you could always miss a -ve sign somewhere, type in numbers on the calculator wrong, misread the problem, etc. etc.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
There seems to be an increasingly better chance of my being able to make it...so I will see what I can do. I will pose later, but just to ask, there is still room right?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Lanowen said:
There seems to be an increasingly better chance of my being able to make it...so I will see what I can do. I will pose later, but just to ask, there is still room right?
I don't think space will be a problem for this 'fest. Let me know if you need help with getting around ottawa/housing or anything!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Do any out-of-towners who are coming need housing? Please post if you do so we can work something out for you. I wouldn't want someone be unable to come just because they didn't have a place to stay.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I know people are sick of hearing it, but we really do need more TVs! 5 TVs for about 30 people is pretty bad. If you live in the city please try to bring a TV or 2!

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Fogle, maybe if you offered free entry then people would be willing to :p.

um my crew is bringing 2 for sure then if we really need these tv's, would bring 3 but no more room in the car. Plus put us down for a cube.

Fogel

Smash Lord
mitch_guitar said:
Fogle, maybe if you offered free entry then people would be willing to :p.

um my crew is bringing 2 for sure then if we really need these tv's, would bring 3 but no more room in the car. Plus put us down more a cube.
Thanks a lot Mitch, it's much appreciated!

I think I said it already in an earlier post, but I guess I'll make it official.

If you bring a TV, admission is free!

It even rhymes, hopefully that will entice a person or 2 to bring a TV :p

Top Bottom