• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) smashfest - Jan. 28th!

Fogel

Smash Lord
WHEN: January 28th, 2006; 5-10pm (if you're bringing TVs/cubes, come 10-15 minutes early for setup).

WHERE:
Hunt Club - Riverside Community Centre
3320 Paul Anka Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K1V 0J9

How to get there:

Here is the Google Maps link to the Community Centre: http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=3320+Paul+Anka+Drive,+Ottawa,+ON&iwloc=A&iwstate2=savedloc:1&hl=en

Driving:
If you're driving, the simplest way to get there is to get on Hunt Club Rd. and take it all the way to McCarthy. The Community Centre is at the intersection of McCarthy + Paul Anka. Parking at the CC is free. If anyone wants help with more specific directions, just let me know.

Here is a picture of the building if you want help recognizing it: http://hcrcc.ca/location/

Bus:
The 87 and 146 both stop right in front of the Community Centre. You can get on either of these buses from Billings Bridge or South Keys. Just ask the driver to let you off at the Paul Anka + McCarthy intersection. These buses only come every half an hour on Saturdays, though, so keep that in mind when travelling.

COST: $5 per person, to help offset the cost of renting the room.

WHAT TO BRING: Everyone should bring a Gamecube controller, and $5 for the entry fee. Power bars and extension cords would be appreciated (the room doesn't have a lot of power outlets). We also need as many TVs and GameCubes as possible. More TVs means more playtime for everyone and a better Smashfest! If you can bring a TV and/or GameCube let me know. IF enough people show up, I may waive the entry $5 fee for people who bring TVs.

RULES:

1. Bring your own controller! If you do not own one, make sure someone else who is going is bringing one for you.

2. Respect the room, and respect your fellow smashers. This room is being rented out; I don't own it. People will be bringing their own TVs, GameCubes, and controllers; treat their things with respect. Do NOT break/mess with the things in the room, and do NOT piss off the Community Centre staff. I don't want to get kicked out of the room early and lose the deposit because someone wants to act like an ***. If you act like an idiot, you will be kicked out without refund.

3. In the event that we are short on TVs, do not stay too long at one TV; give others a chance to play. Move after a couple of games. Hopefully there will be enough TVs that this won't be an issue!

Registration: If you think you will be going, please post here or e-mail me at: fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com. The community centre has lots of kids wandering around, so I'd like to be able to distinguish between smashers and random CC kids :)

Info I need:

Name (your SWF name is fine):
Names of anyone coming with you:

Can you bring a TV? Yes / No
Can you bring a Gamecube (with Smash/Memory Card)? Yes / No

Current Guestlist:

1. Fogel
2. Hatamoto
3. Mike K.
4. Jason N.
5. Pete L.
6. Dan
7. Martin G.
8. Hugh
9. SBQ
10. chesterr01
11. pkmvodka
12. mitch_guitar
13. Locke)
14. PSY
15. Rimi
16. GanonPWN!
17. vexed69
18. Alistair
19. Shuriken
20. TestRider
21. Reaver
22. Alan
23. Nelson
24. wigs
25. imd_best
26. Alex

TVs:

1. Fogel
2. Fogel
3. pkmvodka
4. mitch_guitar
5. mitch_guitar
6. Alan
7. chesterr01?

Cubes:

1. Fogel
2. chesterr01
3. pkmvodka
4. Alistair
5. GanonPWN!
6. Alan
7. mitch_guitar
8. Dan

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Yo chet, you're a *** for not telling me about this.

I'm coming.

EDIT:

with a tv + setup

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will see what I can do, it is about a 5h 45min drive, I never knew it took you that long to get here. >.>

I think I might have exams on that day too.

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting excited for this thing already! Only people I've played outside my crew are chester and wak, it'll be a lot of fun to play everyone.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Wow, I wasn't expecting many people from out of town to actually consider going to this o_O If anyone from out of town needs help getting up here let me know. I MIGHT be able to house some out-of-towners but I can't guarantee it.

vodka: Awesome! Looking forward to playing you again!

wak: Tu viens?

Lanowen: It's on a Saturday, if that changes anything. My university had some Saturday exams but most places don't have stuff like that on weekends.

Locke: I've rented the room before, space shouldn't be a problem unless we get more than 30 people or so. I doubt we'll get that many people coming to this so I don't foresee any problems. Also, wait times for playing will be determined more by how many TVs there are rather than the room size. I'm more worried about TVs than space.

mitch/Locke: Is the time OK with your crew? How many are coming?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
fogel: mais bien sur que jvais venir, chu un putain d'addict a ce criss de jeu meme si jaurais pas pu avoir pire journée lautre fois >___________>

mitch_guitar: when did i play u ??? =S i forgot... and if ure out-of-towner, i could house you if you want to

Fogel

Smash Lord
wak: Excellent! I'm sorry about the controller thing :( Quelqu'un à volé 2 Memory Cards aussi. Très stupide. WTF are you going to do with stolen memory cards?

unknown: I added you and RaynEX to the list for now. I'll ask my mom if you guys can stay at my place, or Wak could help you out.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Wak: You and chester drove down from orleans to play with the four of us in Mitch's basement. There was Mitch, the big asian if you remember him, another guy and I. You won't recognize our play though because we've so greatly improved :chuckle:

Fogel: There are 4 of us if all goes well.

My excitement is growing every day, january is going to be a long month.. :(

Locke)

Smash Ace
I was the first to beat you from us 4 lol. It was with ylink too i believe =D
We've really improved as well. I can't wait.

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Anyone up for some $1 mm? :D My first money matches, so don't worry you'll be getting the dollar. I'll mm with falco, falcon, low tier GW and maybe Gdorf.

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, vending machine money so PKM can go get a drink after our match.

Oh and Fogel the other two guys from our crew are PSY and Rimi. They haven't confirmed yet but it's like 90% sure.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Updated the guest list again. We need more TVs! 3 TVs for 20 people is going to be pretty lame.

I'm surprised no one from Alan's crew has posted or e-mailed me yet. Mitch, Locke, have either of you talked to him in the past couple of days? I haven't seen him on MSN for a while.

Mitch: I'll do a $1 MM against your falco. I need practice against space animals. Is best 2/3 ok?

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good Fogel, Locke has also started playing fox if he's up for the mm. For the tv's our crew could probably bring 2 if needed, they both aren't very big but if we'r desprate then we will.

Maybe Alan is on vacation or something, I'll keep a look out for him.

Fogel

Smash Lord
mitch_guitar said:
Sounds good Fogel, Locke has also started playing fox if he's up for the mm. For the tv's our crew could probably bring 2 if needed, they both aren't very big but if we'r desprate then we will.

Maybe Alan is on vacation or something, I'll keep a look out for him.
Please do, small TVs are better than no TVs :) At this point, there's enough people interested that I think I can give people who bring TVs their $5 back, if that's any incentive!

Death

Smash Lord
What a shame...
If I had still been living in Ottawa, this would've been a 10minute drive from my old apartment. Oh, the nostalgia... :ohwell:

Locke)

Smash Ace
I can play mm with falcon if anyone wants to. And maybe if you play your cards right fogel i could use my fox but he's a work in progress. And wak i can low tier you with roy.

Edit: I also play a mean young link as well :chuckle:
Psy thinks he can play pikachu
And rimi defines low tier. So wak take your pick.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay locke), what about those MM:
5$ my sheik vs your falcon (best of 3)
5$ my young link against your roy (ouch my little and weak young link, best of 3)

EDIT: i meant 5$ erm sry

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
****, I'd really like to come. But my parents are not cool with me going to Ottawa and staying so late. :\

I feel bad since you always come to our fests, Fogel. But, we'll see you again soon I'm sure.

Sorry :(

Top Bottom