• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Power Ranking - FALL 2014 UPDATE

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
After an entire Summer without updates, some drastic changes have occurred this time around. As notable players continue to leave(RIP BL!TZ, Ministry), the newer players have been making huge improvements at an equivalent rate. As a result, there will be many new faces this time around, and we are happy to welcome you to the brand new Fall 2014 Ottawa Melee Power Rankings!

1. SAUS :linkmelee:
2. Vanitas :icsmelee::marthmelee:
3. Cman :foxmelee::falcomelee:
4. CAPO :peachmelee:
5. Arsenic :sheikmelee::marthmelee:
6. DOOM :foxmelee::falconmelee:
7. Puffin :jigglypuffmelee:
8. Perhapsman :yoshimelee:
9. Xuna :foxmelee:
10. DV :falcomelee:

There were 3 very close ties that ultimately had to be discussed until a fair and democratic agreement could be met. Cman vs Vanitas, Arsenic vs CAPO, and Puffin vs Perhapsman were all very close and "could have gone either way". To those players, continue to perform well to retain your respective places on the Power Ranking come next update.

Your PR Panelists are:
SAUS
CAPO
Perhapsman
Watashi
Vanitas
Xuna

Good luck at SOM7!

Last edited:

cemo

white walker
...kanata pwn party locke? i didn't know you guys still played, i am hype now.

Last edited:

Delgee

Smash Rookie
Fresh blood here. The roomie and I would love to get in on some Ottawa smash action. Where/when are the monthlies?

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Puffin placed better and had overall better performance than Xuna and Perhapsman, stop underrating your brother!!! Never played against Dankey Kang or Valuetown though. I think DV might be better than Arsenic, but I never played them enough.

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Need more Samus rep in Ottawa,

Anyone know when SOM7 will be anyway?

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Perhapsman #7? Damn, I should come and wreck everyone in Ottawa, if only it wasn't a 3 hour drive :/
People from Montreal are in a 2~3 hour drive too. This is a bad excuse for not coming lol.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Perhaps we'll need an update soon? I don't think the top half will change at all but the bottom half could look like it will need some changes.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Considering there won't be a monthly in December and things are winding down, it seems like a good time for an update.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
We haven't had a monthly since November, which is why you haven't seen much of him. I'd expect to see him on the 31st at Algonquin.

@ Cody645 Cody645 you can! If you want to get more involved with the Ottawa smash community, join this page on Facebook!

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or have I never seen Puffin in tournaments or weeklies? Is he still a consistent smasher?
I played puffin at the November montlhly and can say his attendance doesn't reflect his skill. He's really good.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. I still have yet to play him even though I've likely seen him at one of the monthlies. What time will doubles be on the 31st?

On a side note: @ C-SAF C-SAF are you Puke from Ottawa?

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I'm Spaceghost. I've wanted to play puke for a while though. People say he's the best samus in Ottawa, I think the people are wrong lol

Last edited:

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
We haven't had a monthly since November, which is why you haven't seen much of him. I'd expect to see him on the 31st at Algonquin.

@ Cody645 Cody645 you can! If you want to get more involved with the Ottawa smash community...
Hey I don't use facebook - Do you guys have a twitter page or something? If not I guess I'll have to suck it up but I would love to attend an event. I'm not good at all, I've been playing for around 6 months and I think this would be a great way for me to meet new smashers. :)

Last edited:

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
Currently, we've got 2 weekly events and 1-2 monthlies. I can PM you the locations and times if you want.
I went ahead and just joined up the group, I won't be using it a lot though. Do your events happen at the same Time/Day always? If so then yes please PM me the details I would love to drop by some time.

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
@ Sashimi Sashimi
Is there any other way than Facebook? I don't use it a whole lot.
U can always make a bogus account and just use it to keep up on smash related things in Ottawa. Facebook is by far the easiest way to keep up and meet people in your area. If ur in the facebook group u wont miss anything that's going on.

Cody645

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cody645
3DS FC
5429-7944-5036
@ C-SAF C-SAF
Sounds like a good idea. Hope to see you sometime soon. I'm ready to get my ass handed to be, but learn and get good while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom