• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other M move changes

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
At 2:13, they say Samus will now have moves redisgned from Other M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

With what we know so far, what does everyone think about the Other M move changes?
(Missiles and charge shot seem to remain the same. There is a picture of morph ball dropping a bomb on the website, so im assuming morph mode will not be implemented)

Personally I think in terms of Super Smash, this is a pretty cool decision. Her melee effectiveness will surely rise while keeping her specials in tact.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They said she looks like Other M. They never said anything about her moves being taken from Other M.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
In the developer direct video they show her use a roundhouse kick i dont remember her using before, although i could be wrong.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
She doesn't seem too different, so that's good. But that roundhouse kick looks cool. I wonder if that really is new or if I'm just forgetting her moveset at the moment.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The only moves that she could really bring from Other M would be changing her throws to be more like the Finishing moves that Other M Samus used... climbing on top of enemies and charging a blast into her enemies' skulls? Yeah, okay. :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This should all be kept in the Samus discussion thread/forum. Off the top of my head, her F-Smash is now explode-y, her Final Smash looks more Phazon-y, she seems slightly faster/more acrobatic to reflect Other M, and her Charge Shot seems more Metroid-Prime-y.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah her fsmash was buffed hardcore. much faster and has that explosion hitbox similar to mario's

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
As a bonus, she would only be able to do the Lethal Strike on Ridley if he's in like his Other M fight when he's weakened, while Ridley would only be able to do the wall drag thing on Samus players. :troll:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The only moves that she could really bring from Other M would be changing her throws to be more like the Finishing moves that Other M Samus used... climbing on top of enemies and charging a blast into her enemies' skulls? Yeah, okay. :)
She could also not use certain moves unless the player is named Adam, that'd be a pretty good Other M reference.

Joking aside Other M is the worst, I greatly dislike that they are using her Other M look and hope very much there will be alt costumes so I don't have to use it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd give her the Lethal Strike as a down-throw.

Dude... It'd be even more awesomeish if it dealt damage depending on Samus' Charge Shot Level.

Dthrow: Lethal Strike
With no charge - 5% damage, low knockback up and slightly away.
With a Max Charge - 18% damage, medium/high knockback up and sligthly away. (Not as powerful as her standard B, for balancing- reasons)

Keep in mind that D3's Bthrow does 16% damage in Brawl (I hope it gets nerfed so that this throw appears to be more fantastic).
After the throw, Samus' Charge Level returns to 0%.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
Could it work if Samus' new running grab was the initiator for a Lethal Strike? What I mean by this is that when you are about to perform a Lethal Strike on an enemy in Other M, Samus' back boosters activate and launches herself at her enemy and somewhat in a running/lunging motion. I'm not sure exactly how that would work since you would need to then keep them in your grasp so you can hit them and perform one of four throws. Once, again, not sure how that would work but it sound like it could.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There could be an event match where Samus's specials are shut off. And are only authorized after a certain amount of time or after the enemy takes a certain amount of damage.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
There could be an event match where Samus's specials are shut off. And are only authorized after a certain amount of time or after the enemy takes a certain amount of damage.
That's not a bad idea. The Authorization thing isn't really a bad idea all together, but it was used horribly in Other M. I think i would work better in a sequel to Fusion. Since after Fusion, Samus is a renegade or at least is not nearly as trustworthy to the Federation. On her next assignment from them, She could only be allowed to use certain abilities until she is told by unless something bad happens in relation to the plot or Samus just wants to regain her good standing with the Feds. There would be at least one moment where Samus goes "**** you I do what I want" and activates one of her abilities anyway. Only real idea I have on that front.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd like to see her get the Sense Move as a roll.

Because **** the roll she has.

It'd also be nice if she had morph ball as a crawl.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
yes. I hope to god Other M combat mechanics become a part of her buffed moveset

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
(Missiles and charge shot seem to remain the same. There is a picture of morph ball dropping a bomb on the website, so im assuming morph mode will not be implemented)
It was too early to exactly tell at that time. Based of what we know with Peach, they're still changing moves up so she might be getting a morph ball mode, but we could not tell from that snapshot.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
She could also not use certain moves unless the player is named Adam, that'd be a pretty good Other M reference.

Joking aside Other M is the worst, I greatly dislike that they are using her Other M look and hope very much there will be alt costumes so I don't have to use it.
I don't think it matters how good the game was, the other M design is probably the best it's alot less bulky than usual

NamelessHunter

Smash Cadet
I don't think it matters how good the game was, the other M design is probably the best it's alot less bulky than usual
The bulky shoulder pads are too iconic. Other M only really removed the bulk to make samus look like a woman, not for anything related to "functionality." Her smash64 design is entirely based off super metroid, and they haven't derailed far from that design since then. They might as well just stick with it.

I am not biased by my hatred for Other M. I swear I'm not.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
I've never played other m but when i saw the suit i was like what is that? i must say i prefer the old looks from 64 melee and brawl more, though i am looking forward to a buffed samus, then again even though she probably gets a bit faster and her F smash boosted (in range for sure atleast cuz of the fire). it still depends on how strong the rest of the cast is compared to her, she hasnt really been at the top of the foodchain in smash.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I never had a problem with the art style of Other M. I was actually really excited for it.
Then I heard about the control scheme and I was like... "Wait, what?"

And then I heard about the story. And to this day it is the only Metroid game I haven't played.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Honestly, the suit was the only thing I liked about Other M.

That, and the Lethal Strikes. Damn, pulling them off felt so good.

Oh, and the Shinespark, too.

The switching perspectives thing was super clumsy though. And the story =_=

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Samus to me to be perfect only needs a few changes. Needs to be a less floaty and have more kill power. I''m diggin the buffed up fsmash that should work out quite nicely. I hope they change her throws to something like the lethal strike that would be awesome. Also her dodge roll needs to be changed to something quicker. I like the morph ball crawl idea that could work wonders on characters like falco with all that laser spam. One more thing I can think of to restore her to the glory she deserves is morph ball bombs need to explode on contact again not just a timer. As long as they did those things and kept her brawl zair she would be perfected!..imo.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Samus to me to be perfect only needs a few changes. Needs to be a less floaty and have more kill power. I''m diggin the buffed up fsmash that should work out quite nicely. I hope they change her throws to something like the lethal strike that would be awesome. Also her dodge roll needs to be changed to something quicker. I like the morph ball crawl idea that could work wonders on characters like falco with all that laser spam. One more thing I can think of to restore her to the glory she deserves is morph ball bombs need to explode on contact again not just a timer. As long as they did those things and kept her brawl zair she would be perfected!..imo.
Imagine if her screwattack functioned like it did in the Metroid games. Samus goddess tier.

In all seriousness, though, I would also buff her super missiles, as somebody else had mentioned. And put back the good ole SWD.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's not an Other M move change, but **** Other M. Seriously.

Anyway, it'd be cool if the Super Missiles could get buffed to their Prime effectiveness without it being broken. Like, holding the Super Missile special for a second would cause the front of the Missile to emerge from her Cannon, charge momentarily, then streak forward and do that cool "explosion then implosion then disperse" animation. Maybe they'd have much less range and require much better timing, but have good kill power? Obviously, Samus would be open to attack while charging it.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I liked Other M, but I'll confess that it's actually the only Metroid game I've played, apart from a couple of minutes each of the original and Prime. Not that it didn't have flaws, but those are well documented and there's no point in me raising them here.

If they wanted to include more Other M in Samus' moveset they could always give her the Space Jump as a recovery. With Kirby, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Pit, King Dedede and Charizard all getting multi jumps, what's one more?

Multi-lock super missiles? Would need to give it a charge time and slow recovery to keep it reasonable, but it's doable.

Power bomb could be fun.

Or they could take the easy way and just change the colour of the grapple beam.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Power Bomb would be mental lol.

I'd like to see her use Sensemove to side-dodge. Much quicker and flashier.

Top Bottom