• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oscar 2006 Results

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Here are the results for The 79th Academy Awards:

Best Motion Picture: "The Departed"

Lead Actor:
Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland"

Lead Actress:
Helen Mirren, "The Queen"

Supporting Actor:
Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"

Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"

Directing:
Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"

Foreign Language Film: "The Lives of Others," Germany

Adapted Screenplay: William Monahan, "The Departed"

Original Screenplay: Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"

Animated Feature Film: "Happy Feet"

Art Direction: "Pan's Labyrinth"

Cinematography: "Pan's Labyrinth"

Sound Mixing: "Dreamgirls"

Sound Editing: "Letters From Iwo Jima"

Original Score: "Babel," Gustavo Santaolalla

Original Song: "I Need to Wake Up" from "An Inconvenient Truth,"
Melissa Etheridge

Costume: "Marie Antoinette"

Documentary Feature: "An Inconvenient Truth"

Documentary Short Subject: "The Blood of Yingzhou District"

Film Editing: "The Departed"

Makeup: "Pan's Labyrinth"

Animated Short Film: "The Danish Poet"

Live Action Short Film: "
West Bank Story"

Visual Effects: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that Children of Men didn't win anything is complete blasphemy. And Pan's Labyrinth winning everything except Best Foreign Film?

Yep, it was a pretty controversal Oscar night.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Pan's Labyrinth isn't playing in my city. Therefore, I hate life.

...after a double check, I haven't seen ANY of these movies. ****, I suck.

F8X

Smash Ace
About time Martin won..

And why can't the academy find a good Animated feature film. With the exceptions of the Triples of Belleville I have yet to see any adult oriented film nominated, also the only 2d film I've seen as well.

Anyway the academy lost my confidence at the 1998 Oscars(Life is Beautiful and Saving Private Ryan are nominated and you give the award to Shakespeare in love?!).

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I'm surprised at how much damage Pan's Labyrinth did.

It's nice to see that the "Little Miss Sunshine" bullsh*t did not overtake what "The Departed" truly deserved (and Abigail Breslin is the most annoying little b*tch in Hollywood).

That song Will Ferrel and Jack Black did was hilarious!! I gotta find that on YouTube.

Oh, and I was ready to kill someone when Pirates lost to Dreamgirls for Sound Mixing. DREAMGIRLS!!!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
'Listen' should have won for best original song. Seriously.

Pit, dreamgirls is an amazing film, and probably required more effort for sound mixing than Pirates. I like both films, but Dreamgirls outclasses Pirates.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I only got to watch the end, but I'm glad Forest Whitaker won best actor, he deserved it.

Also, I haven't seen the departed so I can't really comment on whether or not I agree with that...

Does any one else just not like Martin Scorsese's style?

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Pit, dreamgirls is an amazing film, and probably required more effort for sound mixing than Pirates. I like both films, but Dreamgirls outclasses Pirates.
The way Pirates mixed some of the original music and how it blended together the action sequences with their sounds flawlessly put it ahead of Dreamgirls in my book. I think it won just because it was a musical.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
I'm very pleased that Little Miss Sunshine got two oscars. It isn't often that a comedy takes it. It was an absolutely amazing movie though. Fantastic.

Ami

Smash Ace
Don't you mean the 79th Oscar awards?

Anyway, I wish I had seen the movies that were nominated, so I can't really complain for movies that won when they shouldn't have, or movies that lost that should have won. I agree with the awards based on hype alone. The only ones I saw were all of the animated films, and I could care less who took the golden man home.

The two I want to see the most are The Departed and Little Miss Sunshine.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Don't you mean the 79th Oscar awards?

Anyway, I wish I had seen the movies that were nominated, so I can't really complain for movies that won when they shouldn't have, or movies that lost that should have won. I agree with the awards based on hype alone. The only ones I saw were all of the animated films, and I could care less who took the golden man home.

The two I want to see the most are The Departed and Little Miss Sunshine.
My bad. Fixed now.

I deffinitely recommend seeing all the movies that were nominated this year. 2006 was a terrific year for movies.

F8X

Smash Ace
My bad. Fixed now.

I deffinitely recommend seeing all the movies that were nominated this year. 2006 was a terrific year for movies.
I have to agree with you there, we had some great movies this year. Heck I even liked the movies that critic's hated like Click(I thought it was great), and The Da Vinchi Code.

I even got a chance to be in one of the better films this year. I was an extra in World Trade Center and my father had speaking lines. I thought it turned out to be a great movie in the end.

Now I would like to say that we only had good movies but then Sharron Stone came into the picture with Basic Instinct 2. *shudders*

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Argh! Must... see... Children of Man and Little Miss Sunshine!

I saw the Departed in the way it was supposed to be seen: pirated DVD. Heck yes. Seriously, it made the whole thing a lot more bad-(ya' know). It was really good, and I usually dont even enjoy movies like that. I can see why it won.

This is the link to the Ferrell, Black, and Railley song Pit42 was talking about earlier.

The Devil Wears Prada was my favorite movie of 2006. Shame it didn't win anything.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Argh! Must... see... Children of Man and Little Miss Sunshine!

I saw the Departed in the way it was supposed to be seen: pirated DVD. Heck yes. Seriously, it made the whole thing a lot more bad-(ya' know). It was really good, and I usually dont even enjoy movies like that. I can see why it won.

This is the link to the Ferrell, Black, and Railley song Pit42 was talking about earlier.

The Devil Wears Prada was my favorite movie of 2006. Shame it didn't win anything.
The Devil Wears Prada was surprisingly good. Then again, just put Meryl Streep in a movie and it's guaranteed to be amazing.

I can't compliment Children of Men enough. And Little Miss Sunshine was stunning. We almost missed it in theaters, but I forced my parents to see it. They were pleasently surprised. Steve Carell is the comedian to watch.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
When Jennifer Hudson first won I though she was just getting the "token black person" win but then Forrest won for best actor so I'm glad it appears she won for her performance, she did a great job though there's been a lot of criticism of many people saying she didn't deserve to win, prolly just cause its just her first movie an she did American Idol lol.

Top Bottom