• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organizing the DDD boards

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, to prevent spillage into other threads, as we already were seeing, this is a thread that I will request once we all agree we are done.
The DDD boards have a mod now, and we need to get some organization done on these boards. We have some REALLY great threads, Buu, video thread (if you guys linked videos it be perfect but whatever), Gates's Matchup thread, DDD is the Best in the game, etc. What we need to do is get some organization going on now that we have a new mod. Of course, not all that needs to be done is simply mod work. Any ideas for improving the boards efficiency level or organization should be submitted here.

Agenda list:

1. Reorganize our stickies.
2. Update the DDD thread with recent videos
3. Find ways to eliminate the most commonly appearing threads
4. Create one final character guide.

Any other suggestions.

The DDD boards can be a bit of a head ache sometimes, but I believe we can easily fix this in one fail swoop now that we have our own mod.

I have a suggestion myself, I could create a DDD guide website, but will need a lot of help, mainly in writing up guides to everything. This could be our one character guide, and could remove a lot of stickies. I've done it before for bands I've loved, and I believe it could really help the DDD boards.

http://millia.hostwq.net/

This is an example of what the site could look like.

Another thing I'd like to do is resurrect Gates's link to useful threads, and remove many stickies, and have it as one of the few remaining stickies out of this purge.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
First of all, create links that take people to Buu's thread, Vaseth's Thread, and etc.

For the video thread, try to separate the videos by players in case someone wants to check on their inspiring player.

I'm going to take care of the IMPORTANT move analysis (**** the frame data, because I'm not doing it >.>)

If anyone doesn't wanna do the final character guide, I'll do it.... (much to my disgust at some point...)

If I can think of anything else, I post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For the video thread, try to separate the videos by players in case someone wants to check on their inspiring player.
I've given players the option to create their own channel so that they can have their own video thread, without having a thread. Yet, no one has seemed interested in participating.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
That is similar to my Critique Thread. I just never caught on to anyone. Plus people don't wanna upload videos.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
CRASHiC said:
one fail swoop
FAIL!
LOL it's fell.
Seriously though. This is a good idea. We NEED to pull ourselves together! Let's get to work! I'll help as much as I can if I'm able to.

Jupz

Smash Master
I wrote up a introduction and conclusion to the guide in the previous guide thread. I'll write more if needed, hell I don't mind writing a whole guide.

My intro and conclusion -

King Dedede is a very unique and special character, only appreciated fully by a select and elite group of people with a better understanding of The King and his metagame. Anyone can enter this group, but they require an in-depth knowledge about The King's Metagame, which is evident in all Dedede mainers, from the pro's...
Just throw out the entire matchup discussion and write:

run around, shield grab a lot, and bair when people are jumping instead of on the ground.
To the brand new Dedede's...
... don't care, cg, Bair, win :bee:
King Dedede pro's outweigh his con's by far, which is part of the reason why he is currently placed 6th on the Smash Back-Room's official tier list. Another reason is that he preffered he would be placed in that position, and it happened.

PROS
-Hardest to kill character in the game with proper Directional Influence
-Good range on most of his attacks
-Excellent priority on most of his attacks
-Quick Tilts and Aerials
-A few excellent kill moves including Up Tilt and Down Smash
-A great chaingrab that works on around two-thirds of the cast until any percent
-An insane grab range (the longest non-tether grab)
-Can Tech Chase characters that he can't chaingrab
-Most damaging throw in the game
-Multiple Jumps
-A good recovery with Super Armour on his Up Special (Super Dedede Jump)
-A projectile that can block other projectiles
-A suicide move (Neutral B/Inhale)

CONS
-Being heavy means he is easy to Combo
-Laggy recovery move means he can get knocked back out easily
-Very slow running pace
-Worst Aerial movement in the game
-Big target which means moves are easier to connect on him.

King Dedede is a very fun character to play and you will soon find yourself falling in love with The King. He is amusing to play because of his many awesome facial expressions and his lovable look. His metagame does not evolve as fluently as less awesome characters, such as Diddy Kong or Snake. This is simply because he would rather not put in the effort to keep his metagame moving. Yes, King Dedede has the power to do that. He basically said "**** this, I can't be screwed keeping up my metagame".

Tank McCannon realised that King Dedede was in fact the best character in the game before anyone else, and some people have still not realised this fact today. The thread he made about his discovery is located below so people could educate themselves further about The King.

*insert King Dedede is the best character in the game thread*

tl;dr

flowchart by Gates

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I made an announcement board. I'm going to unstick most of the stickys to keep it from cluttering it up.

EDIT: No color atm TT_TT

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Another thing I'd like to do is resurrect Gates's link to useful threads, and remove many stickies, and have it as one of the few remaining stickies out of this purge.
I AGREE.

I've tried to get people to have this stickied for a long time but it never happened.

Here's a link:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219263
Serin, if you could sticky it and also feel free to edit in other threads that are useful, that would be great.

As for the final guide, I think we should just copy/paste the information in CO18's guide, Buu's thread, Vayseth's thread, and my matchup thread and put it in one post.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I agree 50% with you Beefy. But people need the TACTICS of how to CP someone. Simply picking a stage won't guarantee the win.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It's like what Crashic said before, I forgot but...
I don't think we would really need that anymore because it's just about knowing your matchups ON those stages... we won't need bogus general stage information.
If actually can be pretty important.
For instance, you wouldn't think to CP Castle Seige against Falco, but its actually a really good sage against him because you can platform camp the walk off, use the lower lip of the stage and platforms to mess up his game on the first stage, and the final stage messes him up as bad as lylat as well as the Forsake Gimp.

Also, I'll be writing up the site in its entirety, except for the matchup discussion, which I will use Gates's summaries, which should motivate him to finishing the rest of them :p
Expect a massive work done on the site tommorrow, unless I get to caught up in the hype of going to see Ponyo.

Good to see we can actually get **** done.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh for ****'s sake I thought people would have figured it out by now.

I AM NOT WRITING ANY MORE **** MATCHUP SUMMARIES. PERIOD.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I guess you can edit it, but honestly I think having the other quotes there is enough.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
More or less, thats what it is. Mainly, we are just trying to make a more organized board. :)

Top Bottom