• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
VG is leaving right now.
I won't be available today, so everyone maybe should just hold off until the big sunday event.
Of course, if you want to come over today, it's fine, I'd be home after 5:00pm
I hope to see Minh and MCS sunday, that'd be ahsum.

Balloon

Smash Lord
sunday at noon at your apartment timmy? is that the smash dealio? i'm moving in fully today.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You mean you're in Eugene now? Yeah, noon my apartment.

Someone bring at least one TV. Thnx.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
If this is gonna be big you should move it to my place. Plus it won't be more humid inside than it is outside. :]

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
for anyone who can make it, come to jesse's house today for a smashfest. I will be there as well (his house is like a 5 minute drive from mine, although we don't get to play as often as i'd like >_>)

Binx

Smash Master
Timmy, was your blue sweatshirt also partially grey? and it had a zipper on the top that goes about 1/4 down the shirt? if so I found it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for coming to the Smash/Pizza Fest today guys. And happy birthday to Derick who will continue playing SSB until he's old, gray, and thirty.

Binx, yeah, that's the one! I thought it was lost forever!

Kevvviiinnn, MoC came to SF:E Summer '07. I don't see him very often though.

Balloon

Smash Lord
timmy, i forgot to bring it up, but you supposedly still have brady's sweatshirt. he wanted me to pick that up, so next time there's a smash deal remind me to take it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. It's not much of a sweatshirt though; more like a T-shirt.

I feel sorry for Foos. :(

T0MMY

Smash Master
You know, Foos says he won't come to any for a while, but he'll probably break down and come to SF:E or OSU III, but probably both. The Smash scene itself is more fun than the game is.
The pizza day was fun.
It was a combination of Tudios' birthday and a welcome party for Bart.
Teams matches later that evening were really fun for some reason.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So because I am bored. Because I slept in on accident today :( So I am not at school and it is my hard day which sucks. So I am wanting some sort of convo starting up. My girlfriend and I have been getting into this argument A LOT lately. Okay, so I hate rap with a passion I just don't like it as does she. Where our problem comes in is she says it takes absolutely NO talent at all. I think rap takes a lot of talent I just don't like it. So we argue this all the time what do you smashers think. Does rap take talent or no talent?

cmin

Smash Ace
most of mainstream's rap takes no talent. i hear rhymes like coconut and clock or something and thats jsut stupid cuz they just exxagerate the word to make it sound similar. there are some rap that does take talent, like good ones aka tupac and such, but most of the rap now is all about women and drinks and stupid stuff.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
But you have to admit it takes talent to rap about the women and stuff and to be able to perform in front of 1000's of people take some talent. Also how is Corvallis

Balloon

Smash Lord
IMO if the rappers are writing the background music as well as the rap part of their songs then I say of course it takes talent... not to mention rapping itself takes talent. Talent isn't always about how good you are at one thing (like, say, guitar or other instruments (like rapping)).

cmin

Smash Ace
corvallis is pretty good, im in class right now and like falling asleep cuz my teacher is monotone. anyways it was fun yesterday i'll stop by eugene pretty often and stuff and i'll be sure to bring mcs sometimes

joshisrad

Smash Lord
It takes some talent, but not much intelligence.
I left my ****ing youth choral academy bag that I'm using for school on the bus. First day of school. Man! And I had some pretty personal writing in a notebook in there. Also my headphones I use for listening to music on my phone in situations like bus to work. Hopefully some Eugene person with the positive hippie mentality will turn it in. I called in two minutes after I got off and said that I left it on the 28 and Hilyard bus and the operator said nothing was found. Then I told her to **** off. Eh, not really, but she was being kind of a *****.

Binx

Smash Master
I dont know, rap takes a semi literate person to make it up, most of it sucks anyways, but I dont think it takes a lot of talent just time.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
since we're on the topic of music, what kind of music do you guys listen to? i myself am a 70s/80s rock person (bands like Queen, Scorpions, Maiden).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Peach Masta, the problem is that both you and your girlfriend are wrong. Everything takes talent, so it's the individual artists/songs you should be evaluating not the entire genre. If a rapper doesn't have much talent, his/her contribution to the music will show poorly. If a rapper is particularly talented, the music will stand out from others in the genre.

Edit:
Kevin, I like good music. The genre doesn't matter.

Edit2:
Okay, so I like some bad music too. Like Dr. Demento. lolz.

cmin

Smash Ace
hey timmy, i cant make it to SCC. there is just no way i can miss 2 of my busiest days of school.
so yeah you can give my seat to norcal

Ronin686

Smash Ace
If you say dre is ****, i don't get what you would like. xD
I like Jurassic 5, Styles of Beyond, Swollen Members, Jedi Mind Tricks, and others like that.

As for genres I like,

I like good hip hop, and symphonic metal.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I like everything except death metal and country.
Literally. Even accordion music. My dormmate last year told me that I listen to the most music genres of anyone he knows. But I'm very partial to electronica, modern piano music, and prog rock and prog jazz. Also big band music like Sinatra and Darin.

Eggz

Smash Hero
If Rhapsody/Nightwish/Dragonforce = symphonic metal, then symphonic metal wins.

I just kind of imagined ****ty screaming, but with good instruments instead of angry guitar antics. >_>

</isn't a fan of metal>

Bands like HIM where it at. Good vocals >>> all.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Nah, Rhapsody and Dragonforce are mostly Power Metal (For the most part, this is the good kind of metal), although with the weird operatic stuff Nightwish tries to pull, I'm not sure they quite fit this definition.

I just kind of imagined ****ty screaming, but with good instruments instead of angry guitar antics. >_>
Screaming vocals are more the category of "Death Metal" and subcategories thereof.

Riiiiight. Good vocals. :laugh:

Ronin686

Smash Ace

</isn't a fan of metal>

Nightwish is probably my favorite band right now. Dforce kinda sucks.

Top Bottom