• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think Foos said he wanted to make one after NWM5 (maybe after Anthony's tourney if he has one). . . so. . . Gage can make a new PR soon. . .

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Brick has declined my last 3 attempts to MM him, and last time we played in bracket was the Eugene tourney where we went last game last stock. I think I can do that.

Brick, where you at?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I remember a while back on the washington PR, someone either dropped a few spots or was dropped from the PR for refusing MMs and not being active enough in the scene because it just seemed like he wanted to maintain his place on the PR.

But I have no idea how Brick is, it was just a comment

If brick really doesn't want to MM, get him to agree on a pride set that actually counts a serious set and not just as a friendly.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Usually Brick is either busy or burned out on the game. . . For example yesterday when I wanted to MM him, he said he wasn't wanting to play because all the Melee he played the day previous. Usually he is a big fan of MMs. . . Just not with me? :/

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
If you beat Bird, Brick, or Keith (preferably in tournament) I'll vote you on and Bird off.
Bird hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy in a long time.
(It's kinda odd, he stopped winning right as he switched his main from Falco to Luigi.... But that's probably just a coincidence)

But all of this speculation is based off the assumption that Ratking will remain inactive,
that Anthony doesn't start showing up and beating people,
and assuming some scrub like Jarod doesn't step it up.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
My prediction for the next PR is that everyone gets Benched.

You guys could probably take me off too since I don't live in Oregon anymore.

Not to mention I'm a casual.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Im voting to keep you on, Allen. You deserve to be on the list at least one more time.
We might just keep you on forever, like Washington does with Eggz.

I'd only vote to take Binx off if he doesn't go to the next Portland tournament.
Ratking should be taken off though.

Also, I agree that everyone's going to get Benched as the next tournament

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I already beat Keith... Anthony has been to a few tourneys, I would put him on. Allen is beautiful, keep him on. I want to beat brick and j!zzard and Adam soon. Hitlist. Binx, play more.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Villains for life, Gage.

Also, I was told I could be on PR by a drunk Eggz. That still applies, right?

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Last PR update before EVO

1 Eggz
2 Foos
3 Alien
4 Adam
5 J!zzard
6 Keith
7 Gage
8 Brick
9 Bird
10 Purpletuce

Ratking - doesn't go to tournaments
Binx - doesn't go to tournaments
Jarod - sucks

Who has a problem with this list?

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
GGs everybody especially Adam and BDK. close games guys

that crew battle was also pretty tight

and i think placements for todays tournament were
1.eggz
2.adam
3.Jizzard
4.BDK
5.? dont remember anyone else lol

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Hmm. . . I was about to post saying I sucked today and I don't think I should be on the PR. Ryan could definitely be on there. I would also argue that Gage could be up higher. Gage and Kieth both have lots of wins on good players, but Gage beat Kieth last time. Gage did better at his best tournament than Kieth did at his best, so I think that's fair. I'd say J!zzard should stay where he is at, based on him beating Gage last time. I'd say 10 is a tossup, Ryan and Anthony are both super solid players, but I don't think either have too many recent wins. Ryan destroyed me today though, even if I was off. I don't have any major wins against somebody from Oregon, unless you count Kieth, but that wasn't very recent, he may beat me now.

Although, I beat Ben in a 1 dollar MM. Not a huge deal, and he probably still beats me most of the time, but that is the MU I've put the most work in on, and a huge mental block for me. . .

1 Eggz
2 Foos
3 Alien
4 Adam
5 J!zzard
6 Gage
7 Kieth
8 Brick
9 Bird
10 Ryan/self

Binx

Smash Master
Not trying to argue that I should stay on the PR, just saying I would go to stuff if we had anything within a 20m drive from my house.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think everyone does. Binx, I drove 100 minutes last weekend, and the one before. . . Pretty much if there is an event in Portland, you should be able to make it.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Regarding Ben's placement:

Purpletuce, you're insane

I'm the foreseer. Or crazy on the nectar of Yoshis. . . who can tell the difference.

Also, I'm really happy that the new list has uniform coloring. Previously just Shane was green, and it bothered me.

I plan on beating:
1. Brick
2. C!z
3. J!zzard
4. Adam
5. Nolan

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
i think the one with ryan at 10 is the one we should use. even though he hasnt been going to tournaments that often because of work he has never lost to logan

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
The results of us two alone can't determine placement alone. (Ex: Nolan beat Ratking, but Ratking tended to beat more people, and was considered better.)

Although Ryan does have more notable victories than I do. Not too many of them were recent, but they still show how good he is (like when he got 3rd at a BB).

At the last tournament, I got 7th, which is about average for me lately. However, many of the players who consistently place better than me weren't there. I don't think I performed well, and since the PR reflects our tournament viability, he still seems to be more likely to succeed.

Since Oregon usually bases the PR off of the most recent tournament, I think Ryan should be on there. If this were based off of NWM, I think it could go either way.

Also, I'm biased.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
1 | Eggz | Fox
2 | Foos | Sheik
3 | Alien | C. Falcon
4 | Adam | Fox
5 | J!zzard | Falco
6 | Gage | Ice Climbers
7 | Keith | Peach
8 | Brick | Jigglypuff
9 | Bird | Bluigi
10 | Ryan | Jigglypuff

This one, no offense to Logan, but Ryan is an overall better player at the moment.

Top Bottom