• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
If you want gage to do the pr picture, giving him suggestions is like trying to eat jello with chopsticks. Gage only takes suggestions from numero uno. He is the villain after all.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Can't wait for the Vampire Diaries pics.

What about Royucard?
... Count Falcon?
. . . Foxula?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
like maybe if it was the position followed by name then a colored background that fades into the character pic with that color as the background
I like the elegant simplicity of such a suggestion.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Revolt 3 Results

1 Eggz
2 Alien lost to Eggz
3 Brick lost to Alien and Jizzard
4 Jizzard lost to Foos Jr and Brick
5 Foos Jr lost to Alien and Brick
5 Adam lost to Jizzard and Eggz
7 Purpletuce lost to Eggz and Brick
7 Gage lost to Alien and Jizzard
9 Bird lost to Brick and Adam
9 Ray
9 Brandon
9 God
13 Pain
13 Ryan (not our Ryan)
13 Tard
13 Jarod
17 Camel Toad
17 Jazz
17 Jorge
17 AZ
17 Echo Papa

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
4 ****ard lost to Foos Jr and Brick

Cough Cough, J!zzard is good. Call me the forseer.

Also, it should be noted that God/No U/Seth got 9th, but he lost to Shane and Gage. That guy is good.

Good games to everyone I played, I had a ton of fun, I'm going to beat Brick soon.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
At the moment I lose most games to Paul's Luigi, he is putting in work with the Blue man, and is generally good.

Also, J!zzard doesn't lose to Oliver.

So will the next PR reflect the results here?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I saw some of Seth's matches and was impressed; where has he been all this time?

I was also surprised with Brandon & Ryan in the fact that they entered Melee (they're SSB players). I thought they'd get slaughtered because they don't play Melee, but it looked like they were doing okay. They also said that there were some 'really good' Melee players at the tournament. I don't know who they were talking about, but my guess would be Gage/Eggz/Foos.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Probably J!zzard, Adam, Foos and Brick. The bracket is right there. Also, I think that the nature of melee would make a good amount of players seem really good just because they don't know what is going on. When I play Brawl nearly everyone looks really good, although it looks less impressive because, you know. . . Brawl.

Seth just moved here from Idaho.

Also, the are rumors of payouts being skewed. You should be more careful with your pot information.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Yeah I understand this tournament was more difficult because of multiple tournament computers, but I think the pots should be collected separately so there is no confusion regarding payouts.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's probably a good idea. I was mostly in charge of setting up equipment and getting players together for their bracket matches, so I don't know what was up with pay-outs. Since I didn't hear any rumors, could someone fill me in on them? If anyone has some facts to add to the equation, that would be even more useful.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
From Adam: 21 Entrants to Melee
Looking at the bracket, 11 were regulars, 10 were new players
11*5 = 55
10*3 = 30
Total = 85
Actual 1st payout: 45
2nd: 25
3rd: 8
Actual total payout: 78
Difference: 7 dollars

I guess it's not a huge deal, it just seemed way off because I didn't know that there was a new player discount at the time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm thinking some people might have signed up in the back because I thought I saw 18 entrants on the main laptop in the front. That would make 3 people unaccounted for when payouts were totaled. If this is the case, the only thing I can say is that whomever entered them into the brackets in the back should definitely had brought that up to make sure they were added to the main computer.

Yeah, I remember at the 1st REVO I didn't know there was a new player incentive discount, and ended up getting confused and only took $3 for every entrance. XD

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
J*zzard is aight. I was impressed with his set vs Gage.
I'm not gonna john about my set with him but I will say I want a rematch. A $20 MM to be exact. That's $20 each not 10.

Do you agree J*zzard?

EDIT: F*CK ME! I was at 69 posts and now I've ruined it :(

Also, I played Brandon. I think I double 4 stocked him.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Wow, throwing out money over here. . . Interesting. That is kind of awkward though, because if he doesn't have $20 he can afford to lose, then it would be foolish for him to MM you even if he thought you were free. Although if he declines it might make him look 'scared'. Calling him out to a $20 MM seems more of a call out on his finances than his ability to play.

Maybe I just think that because I'm broke.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So, I don't know if we want to update the PR anytime soon, but I figure I'll post bracket/results here for when we do.

Singles results:

1: Eggz
2: FoosJr
3: JhonnyWins (Adam)
4: Jizzard
5: Alien
5: Black Guy
7: BDK
7: Purpletuce
9: Kendall
9: [Zoned] Siglemic
9: SpyMachine
9: Brick
13: Bobby
13: Chris
13: Smurf
13: Bench

Bracket:
Melee singles bracket.png

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
New PR
1 Alien: cause he lives in Washington
2 Eggz: cause he's from Washington
3 JhonnyWins: He's JhonnyWins
4 Foos: Is not JhonnyWins
5 Jarod: beat Ratking and Eggz
6 Adam: is not JhonnyWins
7 Brick: Phantom rests like a n00b
8: Purpletuce: Plays Yoshi... What a scrub
9 Jizzard: Has red hair... What a scrub
10 Ratking: I think we should put his face on a milk carton

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Probably just as good though, yeah I'm calling him out even though he doesn't play or probably even check the boards anymore.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So does nobody else feel like we should update before NWM? I think everyone should at least agree that we need J!zzard back on for sure, and possibly remove Ratking if he quit. Possibly move Allen over Gage? Move Adam up? Anthony on? Just some thoughts. . .

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I feel like Gage would be better than Allen if he didn't play ICs, but as of right now, he is playing ICs, so I'd say Allen over Gage is merited. If it was somebody new with the same results people probably wouldn't put the villain over Allen.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think if you're going off tournament data and Allen is placing higher in tournaments more consistently than Gage's ICs, then Allen should be above Gage.

From what I remember, this list is currently an approximation of player skill based on the opinions of the panelists, and then averaged into some numbers. If that's the case, then I don't know how Gage and Allen rank next to each other.

By the way, who are the current panelists? They're not listed in the rankings post on the first page.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
We've only had 2 tournaments since the last PR. I don't think we need a new one, but I don't really care.

As far as I know we don't have panelists, everyone just says what they think and there isn't ever much dispute. It's pretty democratic.
Although if there were ever a conflict I think Foos would have the final say.

EDIT: Is there going to be Portland tournament any time soon? If not then I'd be more inclined to update the PR.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
The only possibility for a Portland tournament would be if Anthony ended up hosting a little one at his house in Sherwood. Maybe a small warm-up one this weekend? Probably no Portland tournament.

Foos does seem like a pretty impartial and wise final say.

azusa

Smash Rookie
Sup Oregon. My name is Azusa, I'm from NorCal 15th on the PR. I'm traveling throughout Oregon for the next 4 to 5 days, so if I end up being close to any of you/have some free time, I'd love to bring some NorCal love. Hit me up. 510.837.9920

azusa

Smash Rookie
Hey apparently we're staying in Albany for basically the entire 4 days, then heading back to Cali. So I'm hopefully attending the Cordawallis (sp? xD) Smashfest tomorrow. For those attending, hope to see you there.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
We play all the time, t!mmy. If you make a facebook and join the page, you'll know when the smashfests are.
They're usually on Wednesday and Friday.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Hope you had fun with the corvallis guys azusa, as far as pr updates go I kinda wanted to wait til the end of the month a a after NWM and possible tournament at anthony's.

Top Bottom