• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I got 5th at the other best bout losing to Shane and Kyle. Also the only person to beat Foos in forever. I ALSO ALWAYS WIN TEAMS

I"M NUMBER 1

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I don't like any list too much, just because past 5 everyone is really subjective, with their own major wins, major losses, good tourneys and bad tourneys. You can look at the bottom 5 and move them around a ton and it is pretty decent looking, IMO. For example:

6 Adam
7 Allen
8 Brick
9 J!zzard
10 Paul

The bottom 5 of my previous list, in alphabetical order. Woohoo.

Since the tier list is supposed to reflect likelihood of tournament success, and all of our players' success is really dependent on how bracket comes out, it is hard to say past number 5, because any one of those players has two people that can beat them from the same grouping, and they could either get top 5 from not meeting those players, or get last from meeting them immediately.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
This look good?

1 | Eggz | fox
2 | Foos Jr | sheik
3 | Ratking | fox
4 | Gage | ice climbers
5 | Binx | ice climbers
6 | Alien | captain falcon
7 | Brick | jigglypuff
8 | Adam | fox
9 | Keith | peach
10 | Bird | falco

EDIT:
Old PR: https://smashboards.com/threads/oregon-pr-updated-10-17-2014.314665/page-20#post-15169948
Older PR: https://smashboards.com/threads/oregon-pr-updated-10-17-2014.314665/page-16#post-14717718
Even older PR: https://smashboards.com/threads/oregon-pr-updated-10-17-2014.314665/page-12#post-14284465

Last edited:

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Wow I can't believe I forgot about No U, that guy is really good.

EDIT: There is no reason to put Gage over Binx, me, or Brick excluding his win over Foos. He has lost to Ratking, and the only other people on the PR he has beaten are Keith and Adam. Furthermore, he could have potentially lost to Foos in finals if it had been played out. I would put him at 7 until he has more results. At the very least below Binx.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah I shouldn't be that high. ALL I DID WAS PLAY A CHARACTER LIKE 3 TIMES AND WIN/TIE A TOURNAMENT AND BEAT FOOS AND TAKE SHANE TO LAST GAME LAST HIT. Everyone below 2 can say they did that...oh wait!

The villain returns: shots fired edition

This wavedash thing is dumb haha. Supposed to be character

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
There is no reason to put Gage over Binx, me, or Brick excluding his win over Foos. He has lost to Ratking, and the only other people on the PR he has beaten are Keith and Adam. Furthermore, he could have potentially lost to Foos in finals if it had been played out. I would put him at 7 until he has more results. At the very least below Binx.
If you're going to talk about lack of results you should also argue for Binx having a lower placement since, as of late, he's shown up to even less tournaments than Gage.

Also, I almost put Gage below Binx but then I read this...
last time I played Gage he beat me pretty hard

Gage beat Foos and that's impressive to me. I've never beaten Foos, and I not many in Oregon (that still play) have. I think Gage deserves at worst the 5th spot on the PR.

EDIT: I think you'd beat Gage if you played him Allen, but I still think he deserves the 4th spot.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that the last time I played binx was like 7 months ago. He could very well beat me now.especially since I've full on commited to ic's haha

Allen could also very well beat me. I suck against falcon and Allen is a smart player who I haven't played muchagainst. I'm pretty slow at learning new people haha

FoosJr

Smash Ace
1 | Eggz | fox
2 | Foos Jr | sheik
3 | Ratking | fox
4 | Gage | ice climbers
5 | Binx | ice climbers
7 | Brick | jigglypuff
8 | Adam | fox
9 | Keith | peach
10 | Bird | falco

This x10

Gage for 4th and for president of funk

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Adam's list is fine since there is a lot of uncertainty, I just think people that were on the PR previously should be given the benefit of the doubt.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Tommy, why are you posting here? At the tournament in Eugene last Saturday you made it very apparent you know nothing about the current Melee scene. (From a southern Oregon smasher who doesn't have 'NOregon bias'.)
Then how did I know Gage/Foos was going to win and Eggz was going to pass out on the lawn? ;^)

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
what is the time period for this? it seems like the last two tournaments are the only ones being looked at. also good **** keith! way to do good at one tournament and get on the PR!

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Keith also beat Bird at REVO2 which is impressive. I personally would still put Bird above Keith because of all the results he has, but Keith has definitely proved he can play at Bird's level.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
what is the time period for this? it seems like the last two tournaments are the only ones being looked at. also good **** keith! way to do good at one tournament and get on the PR!
Sooooooooooo salty lol. He obviously deserves a place on the PR.

I'd be fine if Keith and Bird switched places. But my vote is still for Keith at 9th.
Beating Ryan, Brick, Binx, Bird, and Jizzard says a lot.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
1 | Eggz | fox
2 | FoosJr | sheik
3 | Ratking | fox
4 | OMGage | ice climbers
5 | Binx | ice climbers
7 | Brick | jigglypuff
8 | AdamPI | fox
9 | Bird | falco
10 | BDKeith | peach

This is my opinion on the PR, what does everyone else think? I decided putting Gage at 4 is fine because no one has really beaten Foos in recent memory excluding Eggz.

Side note: There were 5 tournaments I'm considering in this ranking period: Let There Be Smash @ OSU, BB17, BB18, REVO 2, BB19 (I excluded REVO 1 because it was Eugene only)

Edit: Not sure why my color is messed up...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'm fine with either BDK or Bird for 9/10 BDK has definitely improved lately. Maybe 10th for now will be fine next update he can get bumped up if he keeps up his performance.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Putting him at 10th for having one good tourney seems fine, that is what happened for Kazuki. Possibility to go up with consistency. I's be impressed if he managed to keep it up.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
So final list?

1 | Eggz | fox
2 | FoosJr | sheik
3 | Ratking | fox
4 | OMGage | ice climbers
5 | Binx | ice climbers
7 | Brick | jigglypuff
8 | AdamPI | fox
9 | Bird | falco
10 | BDKeith | peach

????

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Binx, you wouldn't be surprised if Kieth placed higher than 4th? Think about who he would have to beat. . .

That list looks good. Since the results sway based on the bracket, I think likelihood for success is based on the number of people you can beat. In a hypothetical tournament based on their most recent win/losses:

Kieth would potentially lose to (people J!zzard would possibly beat): myself(I beat him last time, so assuming repeat, J!zzard always beats me), Oliver(it looked like Oliver beats Kieth according to the Eugene results, but that was last updated in Feb, J!zzard seems to have Oliver beat), Ratking maybe, not sure, but J!zzard beat him recently)

J!zzard would potentially lose to (people Kieth would possibly beat): Nolan(Kieth beat him last time, assume repeat, and I think Nolan beats J!zzard), Paul(lost to Kieth, always beats J!zzard), Binx( lost to Kieth, probably beats J!zzard)

Then including that Kieth beats J!zzard, then it looks like Kieth has it, although they seem pretty close. This is assuming that Kieth beats Jarod(seemed like J!zzard does), and neither of them lose to anybody we haven't seen, such as maybe Kendall. Also, I don't know about Ryan. If Kieth beats Ryan and J!zzard loses to Ryan that definitely moves things toward Kieth.

Binx

Smash Master
I mean I wouldnt be suprised if he beat more people or beat them more convincingly, I also think he could beat Allen, their set was hella close, like last stock on game 3 100+%

Binx

Smash Master
Dont get me wrong Allen I was rooting for you the whole time, I am just kind of impressed that someone I've barely heard of can take you to game 3 =D

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
T!mmy, that is the one that is up. . . also, Binx, you should edit the list so that it says it is current. You have the new list up under the old date.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
t1mmy is saying he likes the list with character icons, which should be up there in the first place.

I personally prefer the Melee icons though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would have used the Melee icons, except that Smashboards uses the Brawl ones as default, for some reason... except for Falco. I could only find the Melee Falco icon so he looks a little out of place. XD

Binx

Smash Master
like maybe if it was the position followed by name then a colored background that fades into the character pic with that color as the background

1. Eggz ---:::::fox:::::

something like that just on top of eachother?

Top Bottom