• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Juce

Smash Ace
**** theres so much to read. ill read more when im not still drunk AKA hungover

but uhh

any lists made have no evidence to warrant me being at first

regardless of how "clear" some people think it is that i should be first, theres no evidence based off results to support that, so i should be 2nd or not on, if anything

-eggz

Binx

Smash Master
Want to let everyone know Gage withdrew as a panelist, and we are waiting on Jesse to vote for whether it should be public or not as well as to make a list, we might want to wait until feb 11th to make the next PR this way the other members of the panel will have had time to attend to make a better judgement.

If people want to suggest a 5th member we can have a community vote, actually we can have a community vote for all 5 panelists if people want to do it that way, if I don't get voted in I can just leave the room open and promise not to read it if they decide they want it private.

For any panelists who read this thread, or people who know panelists tell them that they should just check in on the PR thread once a month to have brief discussions on who should be placed where after each BB. This should give us the most fair and accurate lists possible.

As for Shanes placement I dont know what you guys want to do, I think its fair to say he is the best player in Oregon but maybe we should wait for the next results of BB to determine for sure where he should rank, if you guys want to cap his initial placement or have him excluded until the next list or something thats fine too. Honestly it's a tough call to make.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
The 2 people I think best qualify for judges right now are Foos and Ratking because they're good enough to be ranked and they're active with the community at large. Maybe Binx too, although I don't see him coming to a lot of stuff recently. And I guess Jesse too, now that he can come to weeklies.

With that said I don't think a panel is fit for this community. One big problem is that we would need to keep Allen a panelist to represent Corvallis, but that's kind of screwy because they're pretty much isolated from us. Of course he is the only accurate judge for that part of the community but he also has to judge the rest of us, who he barely ever sees. I think it would be better to have the whole community decide the rankings, like Washington does. I'm sure it's easier said than done, though, but we can try it out and see if a general agreement on rankings can be made.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I agree with Cat, Foos and Ratking are great choices for the panel. I would say Jonny is a pretty good choice too. On another note, I don't understand while people are calling me isolated, I missed one tournament >:-(

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Oh, I didn't know you would usually come every month. I haven't lived here long but I just know I've only seen you once lol. But still, I would say to accurately judge people you'd have to play and see them play more frequently than that - meaning no one here can be a good judge of people in Corvallis as well.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
That makes some sense to me. The only people I feel I can't judge very well are you and Ratking. I have only played you in one tournament set and I have never played Ratking in a tournament set.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
The 2 people I think best qualify for judges right now are Foos and Ratking because they're good enough to be ranked and they're active with the community at large.
Even if people did vote for me to be a panelist. I would have to probably decline, simply because of the second part of your post. I kinda support the community effort. Removes reliance on a set group of people being there etc... Actually, maybe I would accept, but my vote would be the vote of the community. Sup communist party of ratking.

I agree with Cat, Foos and Ratking are great choices for the panel. I would say Jonny is a pretty good choice too. On another note, I don't understand while people are calling me isolated, I missed one tournament >:-(
Yeah, I don't get the isolated also, but you missed 2 recently... Definitely though if a panel continues, I support Allen as a member. Because of his ties to corvallis, cause he is good, because from what I gathered lurking Jesse's account he fits what a good panelist is etc... Basically if he is there all the time, then he is like Foos in my book, and Foos is the ****; so Allen is almost the ****.

Also, as much as I think Jesse should, on paper be a good panelist, and coming from someone who puts him on total homie status, he shouldn't be a panelist if we continue that ****. He should be, because he is one of the best players in the state, and I know for a fact he is capable at looking at **** pretty objectively, or at least not letting his emotions get in the way. However, he pretty much has just been copying and pasting Gage's lists, which is super funny, but a classic Jesse move. Dude doesn't use smashboards, or have a facebook to be in the group. Being a panelist is like an inconvenience to him lol.

That makes some sense to me. The only people I feel I can't judge very well are you and Ratking. I have only played you in one tournament set and I have never played Ratking in a tournament set.
Lets like $5+ MM next time, if we don't meet in bracket. Not quite the same thing, but I guess the best simulation we can get. (This isn't a back handed call out or something. Lets do it!)

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I am all for a community discussion, but I think we need a couple of people to finalize the list or it will never get done. I think the best way to do this is a community discussion for some time, followed by three or so people putting together a final list.

@Ratking: A money match sounds good if we don't play in the bracket.

keeper

Smash Champion
I came into this thread wanting to post a **** joke, but then everyone started broing it up and I can't ruin that.

I don't know why I posted that either, but it's almost 6 am, so **** it.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
i agree with allen and everybody else for a group discussion with a couple people to finalize things.

super excited for all these tournaments coming up!! im looking to climb the ranks also so everyone watch out ;)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think people john more about MMs than they do actual tournament matches. This makes me think that they should count double for the PR.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was going to say something funny but t0mmy's probably going to name search this one day so I'll just say:

lol

keeper

Smash Champion
They should be limited to Oregon only johns though. So special ones such as:
Something Vegan
Something Organic
Something BICYCLES
Something Hipster
Something about rain (I don't care that it rains more in Washington)
Something about fir trees
Anything Green
Something about not driving. "Ride Tommys"
Something about how your local grown product wasn't available at your city's Saturday market last week so you are slightly disappointed
Something about how bad Everclear is
Something about how your girlfriend dumped you because she's bisexual and decided to get back with her ex-girlfriend over you (Disclaimer: this has not happened to me, but someone I know)

The limits are [almost] endless!

The exceptions (not specific to OR) are having and headache, being tired, and having bad wrists or hands. These are huge tommys and I get them all the time. :(

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I take MMs into consideration when making my lists. There is no reason they shouldn't count.
Definitely this. $1 ones I would weigh a little less personally... Cause we throw those around a lot. Definitely still good for practice and burritos. However a decent money match can easily be more hype than a tournament set.

keeper

Smash Champion
My favorite celery growers not having any left when I got there one hour later than normal really took the steam out of my drive, man.

keeper

Smash Champion
I only believe in playing games on the actual consoles.

Except computer games.

And except I don't care that much, I just don't like using emulators since they feel clunky.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
So to try to get this back on topic I say we update after this next best bout, we have kinda been slacking off lately. I also think we should pick up either 1 more panelist, IMO we should have Kyle be one. Or we cut down to 3 panelists Binx, Allen, and myself.
Also I encourage everyone to put up what they think should be a top 10 list after this weekend, everyone in the panel should look at all the lists or I will make a thread in our group and compile all the lists for easy viewing so we can take all of them into account. Everyone interested in making lists try not to just look at results but see how people are playing that day who they lose too and how they lose, sometimes people that are good just get a really hard bracket and end up not showing up on peoples list because they got last but had to go against eggz and for some reason jesse in first round losers.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
^
Eggz\Jesse in first round losers?
That's some difficult bracket.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
So to try to get this back on topic I say we update after this next best bout, we have kinda been slacking off lately. I also think we should pick up either 1 more panelist, IMO we should have Kyle be one. Or we cut down to 3 panelists Binx, Allen, and myself.
Also I encourage everyone to put up what they think should be a top 10 list after this weekend, everyone in the panel should look at all the lists or I will make a thread in our group and compile all the lists for easy viewing so we can take all of them into account. Everyone interested in making lists try not to just look at results but see how people are playing that day who they lose too and how they lose, sometimes people that are good just get a really hard bracket and end up not showing up on peoples list because they got last but had to go against eggz and for some reason jesse in first round losers.
Should I post my top 10 list right now?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Should I post my top 10 list right now?
wait til after best bout some people might have improved and such. Sad to say Corvallis might not be coming again cause the only ones I can really say i've played is Allen and that seems like it was awhile ago.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Yeah the part of the PR list with foos, allen, bird and me...how can anyone say with conviction how to rank us? We can rank foos vs. me well, and corvallis can rank allen vs. bird, but that's it. I've played allen and bird once each, in tournament, beating bird and losing to allen and both sets were close. That says absolutely nothing, imo.

Top Bottom