• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
halo 2 has more tech then brawl sir, I don't h3 that much but play it than and now but mostly play ssbm because its technical unlike h3/waste of time to easy

Binx

Smash Master
I'd rather think than move my hands fast personally, you need to understand that the person who wins doesn't win because he is too fast to touch unless the other person is absolutely terrible. Although I do feel I will miss wavedashing.

Eggz

Smash Hero
halo 2 has more tech then brawl sir, I don't h3 that much but play it than and now but mostly play ssbm because its technical unlike h3/waste of time to easy
LOL wow.
Pretty sure h3 and h2 are the same games as far as "tech skill" goes. (aiming? LOLOLOL)
and im pretty sure any fighting game tops a halo in tech skill lol. you haven't played brawl, and your not even technical enough at melee to be complaining.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
LOL wow.
Pretty sure h3 and h2 are the same games as far as "tech skill" goes. (aiming? LOLOLOL)
and im pretty sure any fighting game tops a halo in tech skill lol. you haven't played brawl, and your not even technical enough at melee to be complaining.
BXR, Double shot, Quad Shot?

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, Shane, don't be ignorant. Halo 2 is pretty technical.. Doubt you could BxR, double shot, BxB, ect.

Requires consistency and smarts, so don't hate. Saying which game takes more skill is dumb, cause Smash and Halo take it in different areas.

Halo 3 is much less technical than Halo 2, but takes all the more smarts and teamwork.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah, Shane, don't be ignorant. Halo 2 is pretty technical.. Doubt you could BxR, double shot, BxB, ect.

Requires consistency and smarts, so don't hate. Saying which game takes more skill is dumb, cause Smash and Halo take it in different areas.

Halo 3 is much less technical than Halo 2, but takes all the more smarts and teamwork.
Pretty sure I could learn those in a day if I cared about halo at all lol. I already know about them. Playing halo all day won't make your hands hurt like smash, guilty gear, or any other technical game would.

Jem.

Smash Master
Well then you're not applying them well, cause although I play halo more than you, guaranteed you cant get a kill on me. XD.

/only defense to people saying Smash is more technical than Halo, but Halo requires a lot of consistency/smarts/teamwork.

Juce

Smash Ace
lmao, in order to win at high level of game play in smash, you need lots of consistency/smarts/teamwork. that was hardly a defense..... sir.

Jem.

Smash Master
Really? I can beat people without playing the game ; ). And i can team with a random guy and mesh instantly in smash. Meshing is harder in halo.

Jem.

Smash Master
..I was talking about smash.
I can beat anyone at halo, you kiddin' me.

I dont play the game except for tournament days / the day before and manage to beat people.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That had nothing to do with you guys meshing and had everything to do with you guys just being better individual players.

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, we beat Andy and Bart. Don't they regularly team? Bart is a better individual player than I am, Eggz is better than them individual. Should balance out. So obviously smash has an easier mesh ability. ggnore nice try.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
You guys also had counter picking on your side.

I'd like to see how you guys would do against MCS and Bart. That would be pretty fun to watch

Balloon

Smash Lord
No, Jem. The last time we teamed before SF:E was probably over a year before that.

Take for example 0C3 results. Who won teams? King and Isai.

Who won singles? Not either of them, that's for **** sure. In fact, I'm almost positive Isai placed among the lowest places after pools. King's placement I have no idea, but it definitely wasn't extremely close to top.

When you're talking about teams of players consisting of WA and/or OR, then yeah, it's not much different from singles because nobody concentrates on teams at all, even though it's far better than singles.

GG

for the record, BOB DAVIS (yes, all caps) IS me and Andy.

also

That had nothing to do with you guys meshing and had everything to do with you guys just being better individual players.
This is true, except that I'm better than Jem.

;)

Jem.

Smash Master
What do you mean?
Eggz and I didnt counterpick anyone.. We didnt lose any matches when we played them twice. And let them go Dream Land the whole time since that was their counterpick.

Meh, have MSC and Bart team up if Eggz ever teams with me again.

My point is still proven. It's easier to mesh in smash. We placed top 2 in doubles out of others that team (Jesse and James or whatever? and ect)

Balloon

Smash Lord
It's definitely easier to mesh in smash than any game that can have more than four total players. I don't see how this is an argument at all from either side.

It's still pretty undisputed that Halo <<<<<<<<<<<<< Smash.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Jem is ********. Stop using subjective singular experiences to prove an absolute point. You look asinine.

The only reason you can not play this game and beat other people is because they're not good at this game.

And even if you never picked up a controller and could **** Eggz / Combo / SW / etc. it still wouldn't prove your point. DUCY?

Jem.

Smash Master
I didn't even start this arguement. Stop ****ing making it seem like I do everyone. BC/Shane were argueing about technical skill. Get over your ****ing self, jesus, you're such a prick.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
haha where did you come from and I was saying your characters in general were counter picks. You guys were doubles Fox right? Against a Sheik and a Falcon. I am not saying you guys intentionally counterpicked thats just how it turned out. That could have definately contributed to your guy's victory upon the other statements that have been made.

It's all good I still like you Jem even though I have played like a total of two games with you haha

Eggz

Smash Hero
or im just **** at the game and teams

edit: i like how jiggler squiggler or whatever and other guy play shiek and peach. >_>

jiggler squiggler = peach mastah

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I didn't even start this arguement. Stop ****ing making it seem like I do everyone. BC/Shane were argueing about technical skill. Get over your ****ing self, jesus, you're such a prick.
Dude, no one claimed you did. Nor would it matter if you did anyway. The point is you are very illogical and are therefore not very smart. Sorry it offends you so much -- well, not really -- but I just call it as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom