• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation: Roll Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm so glad that Donkey Kong will finally get his roll attack!
Hopefully this move will be a part of his moveset and not a part of some customization option.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Yeah boy!!! It was shown in the 3DS footage as well!!!

I know many people weren't able to really join in during the initial bout but maybe, just maybe the few miiverse posts we did put up actually made a difference! I'd like to think that's a 100% yes!

We did it guys! YES!!!!!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually really happy about this! That awkward, weak kick is no more; substituted with that iconic, reckless-yet-fun DK64 roll. Sakurai is THE MAN.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The awkward dash attack is no more! REJOICEEEEE!

The roll still looks a little slower than I'd like though. But it'll do I guess.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The awkward dash attack is no more! REJOICEEEEE!

The roll still looks a little slower than I'd like though. But it'll do I guess.
Yeah I thought it would be faster. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
anything is better than the big boot. DKC roll attack has finally come to smash!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I like the fact it's slow. DK is a heavy slow character, it makes sense that his dash attack goes with his design. Project M's was way too fast and instantaneous making it incoherent and absolutely jarring.

Also he's not exactly curved into a ball to go with the whole danger color rule! Unlike Project M, you'll know it's actually his dash attack, with the feet being emphasized to know that this move will hurt. Project M was confusing as hell with this.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I like the fact it's slow. DK is a heavy slow character, it makes sense that his dash attack goes with his design. Project M's was way too fast and instantaneous making it incoherent and absolutely jarring.

Also he's not exactly curved into a ball to go with the whole danger color rule! Unlike Project M, you'll know it's actually his dash attack, with the feet being emphasized to know that this move will hurt. Project M was confusing as hell with this.
If I recall correctly, the roll attack was pretty fast in DKC too, so it makes sense.

Is it me (or maybe because of the angle), or does the attack not cover much distance?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'll see if I can make a higher quality gif, but the roll is here!

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's nice to see the roll replacing that lame kick that he had as a dash attack.
And yes, DK's roll attack in DKCR is godly.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
You know, I am very surprised Donkey Kong never had this attack in Super Smash Bros. It would definitely make a more useful dash attack than the one he has had in previous installments. Just like in the original Donkey Kong Country, he could get a speed boost every time he hits someone with it. Hopefully they changed it this time around.

[EDIT] Oh. I just read the previous posts in this thread. Good to see it has been confirmed.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Quick! Somebody made a newcomer splash with "Donkey Kong Rolls In!"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom