• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation: Roll Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
At this point begging for any character is most definitely futile but there are certainly a few things that the whining of fans may actually be useful for.

What I have in mind is obviously Donkey Kong's iconic roll attack that originated in Donkey Kong Country. JigglyPuff gets Rollout, Yoshi gets an Egg Roll and of course Sonic does nothing but roll, there needs to be more of that rolling love spread around.

Every Smash fan hates every other Smash fan for "stupid" suggestions but I think we can all agree that we want to see DK with the roll attack that he has been lacking since the beginning.

Barely any of you have a Wii U, but for those that do please draw pictures and spread the word. Let's find each other, "yeah" each others posts and get those pictures really noticed by Sakurai's team. Miiverse is our vessel and enough noise about it all could potentially affect DK's final outcome.

I'm RomanceDawn on Miiverse and I want your help!

image.jpg

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Diddy has his cartwheel. Why doesn't DK have his roll?!

D

Deleted member

I dunno why he doesn't have this move to begin with. It would certainly help him in various situations.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
DK's roll would work perfectly as his dash attack. What's his dash attack in Brawl again?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
image.jpg

I can get at the most 250 yeahs which isn't too bad, and this one is sitting close to 100 right now. But if people who actually have Miiverse just take a couple minutes to yeah the thing and/or comment the word will get out faster.

The good thing is right now we still haven't seen his dash attack so there is some hope. Though I wonder if Sakurai ever thought a speedy roll for DK would be too over powered. But then I think about the reach and power of Ike's side special and I realize it would work just fine.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 2034

I can get at the most 250 yeahs which isn't too bad, and this one is sitting close to 100 right now. But if people who actually have Miiverse just take a couple minutes to yeah the thing and/or comment the word will get out faster.

The good thing is right now we still haven't seen his dash attack so there is some hope. Though I wonder if Sakurai ever thought a speedy roll for DK would be too over powered. But then I think about the reach and power of Ike's side special and I realize it would work just fine.
I just added a "Yeah!" on Miiverse. (don't mind my Mii though, hahaha)

I think this dash attack is a good idea since it reflects Donkey Kong Country a bit better in my opinion. It would be quick, have some ending lag, and decent knockback to KO in percentages around 60%-75% to not make it severely overpowered is the way I see it. I truly hope that Sakurai and his team does look at your post and at least considers it.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I just added a "Yeah!" on Miiverse. (don't mind my Mii though, hahaha)

I think this dash attack is a good idea since it reflects Donkey Kong Country a bit better in my opinion. It would be quick, have some ending lag, and decent knockback to KO in percentages around 60%-75% to not make it severely overpowered is the way I see it. I truly hope that Sakurai and his team does look at your post and at least considers it.
Thanks man what's your NNID? I will follow you. And please draw your own, and if you can't just type up the same message. It can't hurt.

image.jpg

D

Deleted member

Thanks man what's your NNID? I will follow you. And please draw your own, and if you can't just type up the same message. It can't hurt.

View attachment 2037
My NNID is Brawler610. I will repeat what I've said here in the Miiverse community but I will have to make it shorter. Also, I am not that good at drawing. Hahaha.

EDIT: Here's the Miiverse link:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABtUgNnm5fIOA
While I won't be too disappointed if he still has his dash attack from previous games, this is something that I do support since I do like Donkey Kong Country and love Donkey Kong Country Returns. That roll was incredibly useful in those games.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Yeah if he doesn't get the roll I'll be cool, I won't be losing any sleep over it. But if there was ever a time to try and effect development on something seemingly realistic, now is the time!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
they could change his forward special to a roll instead of that headbutt thing.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
they could change his forward special to a roll instead of that headbutt thing.
I actually really like his forward special, its the kick I think should really go. But if there was no other option then yes, please take away the head butt for the roll.

image.jpg

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
A roll attack would be awesome. If I had a Wii U, I'd be "yeahing" all these pictures.

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
Yeah something similar to Snakes dash attack. I'm thinking about how awesome the DK DACUS would be.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea! Maybe the command for his new roll attack should be Left/Right + R.

Just kidding. I'm going with dash attack.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Who is on Miiverse here? I need Miiverse participants.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
DK being my main since Smash 64 really does deserve this. Something similar from Project M's DK's dash attack. It has light armor (I think) and goes off ledges. It makes excellent for approaching.
I'd help support it on Miiverse, but I ain't got a Wii U. :(

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Baffles me that I, or anyone else, haven't thought about this before. Could also be a good buff for the ol Ape since his dash attack is kinda lack luster.

I'm at work currently but as soon as I get home I'm gonna join in this valiant quest. I haven't drawn something since middle school (my teachers said I was good at it but I have doubts. I think they said that to every child) but I will do my best to contribute with a post of my own. Just... Don't laught. Not to loud atleast. :rolleyes:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Baffles me that I, or anyone else, haven't thought about this before. Could also be a good buff for the ol Ape since his dash attack is kinda lack luster.

I'm at work currently but as soon as I get home I'm gonna join in this valiant quest. I haven't drawn something since middle school (my teachers said I was good at it but I have doubts. I think they said that to every child) but I will do my best to contribute with a post of my own. Just... Don't laught. Not to loud atleast. :rolleyes:
Great! I've fallen off myself mostly because I have a hard time drawing DK rolling hahaha. Not to mention Pokemon taking my precious time. But I think I will draw one right now.

I just wish more people would jump on the idea and scream for DK's roll attack as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
HOW IS THE OPERATION GOING ON GUERILLAS? :dkmelee:

dnNCEW

Smash Rookie
I've been wanting this roll attack since I saw the stupid kick in smash. Or even the fists-in-ground push that he uses in dk64 while running. Anything but.. THAT AWFUL KICK JESUS

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
HOW IS THE OPERATION GOING ON GUERILLAS? :dkmelee:

With Pokemon on the front lines it's been very difficult to mount a proper assault. Still every now and then I draw up a little picture just to get the idea noticed from time to time. I just want to blitze the miiverse some day with 50 to 100 - Donkey Kong needs a roll attack posts. So that who every is monitoring that day on miiverse has to take notice.

If I could just get a list of the people who have a Wii U I could make it happen.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Now that Miiverse is on 3DS it's easier to rally support but at this point with the characters being balanced as we speak I bet the moves/animations are locked in place for the most part.

I did make a bunch of DK rolling posts on Miiverse and maybe i'll do more but the time has almost certainly passed.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've been wanting this roll attack since I saw the stupid kick in smash. Or even the fists-in-ground push that he uses in dk64 while running. Anything but.. THAT AWFUL KICK JESUS
Haha, yes.

DK's current dash attack may as well be him stopping short for two seconds and holding up a sign that says "Free hits! Come stomp my monkey ass!", ala Bugs Bunny.

I'd like to see his roll attack AND have it be jump-cancellable, ala DKC, but that might be too much. Maybe he can cancel after the first X frames via jumping?

Renji64

Smash Lord
I will support this the roll in P:M is perfect it would be great in smash 4. I have a wiiU P:M me your username i'll follow and yeah your post.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I will support this the roll in P:M is perfect it would be great in smash 4. I have a wiiU P:M me your username i'll follow and yeah your post.
I'm pretty sure it's too late. But my user is Romancedawn. I might make another just for the heck of it but they have been in the balancing phase for a while now. Moves are most likely locked. Hopefully it was added.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's too late. But my user is Romancedawn. I might make another just for the heck of it but they have been in the balancing phase for a while now. Moves are most likely locked. Hopefully it was added.
I hope there is still time i haven't heard of any changes for mario i want the fludd changed too.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Well, we haven't seen DK's side special yet...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Well, we haven't seen DK's side special yet...
We haven't seen his side special or his dash attack yet so there are potentially two attacks that could be changed. Everything else so far is exactly the same aside from the Spinning Kong flailing in more angles during a grounded attack.

With all the footage we've seen of DK the dash and side special have been avoided completely. I hope it means that Sakurai is waiting to surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom