• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Yoshi Ditto Tournament!!!

Defender

Smash Rookie
Thanks and good job, DarkLeviathan89. Those were some fun matches, and I actually learned some important things from them. That was an awesome comeback you made in the second match. :) Anyway, thanks for playing and good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Woah! Those were some close games, KoopaKoopaParatroopa. That last one couldn't have gotten much closer since both of us were above 150% damage. I just got in a lucky strike. Even so, I was scared half-to death because I was worried that you'd recover from that last hit, and I didn't want to try to land another one. Great job and good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Once again, if anyone hasn't played me yet, please send me a PM so that we can schedule our match.

D

Deleted member

Im not really inot dittos anymore, kinda boring, but if anyone wants to play, feel free to im me and i will.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
ugh, i lost another match...meta dude got me.

1-2 for me.... yay~

i don't know if ill continue to do this, i mean all these peopel here and noone is even challenging me. I have haldf of these people donw and no one even takes my code and registers it. its been a week seriously.

Defender

Smash Rookie
ggs defender.
I agree, the last one was scary o.O
watch out for those spotdodge > dsmashes when you're approaching. the matches were good, although you did get caught under that lip on FD D:
Yeah, you and DarkLeviathan89 both caught me with way too many of those, and I have to thank both of you for it (although that sounds kind of strange), because that really taught me the importance of that move. I'll be sure to add it to my arsenal.

ugh, i lost another match...meta dude got me.

1-2 for me.... yay~

i don't know if ill continue to do this, i mean all these peopel here and noone is even challenging me. I have haldf of these people donw and no one even takes my code and registers it. its been a week seriously.
I hear you. I sent PM's to over 20 people so far, and only like half have even responded. Also, some of those who did respond forgot our match and left me sitting at my Wii, wondering if they were going to show up. I feel that I've done quite a lot to set up matches, so, if you want a match with me, please send me a PM. (Thanks to all of you who I have faced for the good communication.)

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I don't add codes until just before the match because I don't have that much room on my friends list. And it's usually way easier to just post in this thread than PM someone. I usually don't send out PMs just because I'm usually here.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I don't add codes until just before the match because I don't have that much room on my friends list. And it's usually way easier to just post in this thread than PM someone. I usually don't send out PMs just because I'm usually here.
Basically, this.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Back from my vacation.

I will be on tonight and I would love to do a few, although I'm rusty as heck right now. =/

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah, from the way it seems, it's happening like I hoped it wouldn't. It's hard to get all these matches in, especially with how busy I am lately. I'm thinking I'm gonna stop playing my matches. At any rate, if you all agree, I can just tally up the scores now and do the 8-man double elimination tourney, but that's only if yall agree. So what do you think? I mean, really, by like 6 or 7 matches, we should already know who will be up there.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Prolly...
Mmac
Burntsocks
Bigman
Leviathan
Bwett
And then the other three of us that get into the top 8 are just fillers.
Just my guess. Not in order or anything.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well, if you want my stats now, here they are:

bwett1 - Won 2-0. 10% 1st match, 70% 2nd Match
DarkLeviathon89 - Won 2-1. First Match Lost 210% (Hey, I SD Twice ok >_>). 2nd Match won 40%. 3rd Match 2 Stock
bigman40 (Scatz) - Lost 2-1. 1st Match Won 130%. 2nd Match Lost 160%. 3rd Match Lost 110%
!Boom! - Won 2-0. 1st Match Won 60%, 2nd Match 2 Stock.
auroreon - Won 2-0. 1st Match 80%, 2nd Match 2 Stocked
Depster (R/Dep) - Won 2-0. 1st Match 10%, 2nd Match 30%
Kiwikomix - Won 2-0. 1st Match 110%, 2nd Match 2 Stock
Burntsocks -
Yoshi King (Lil B) -
secretweapon -
Defender - Won 2-0. 3 Stock 1st Match, 2 Stock 2nd Match
Hypnotoad - Forfeit?
Jump Man - Won 2-0. 20% 1st Match, 10% 2nd Match
MetalLuigi1209 -
KoopaKoopaParatroopa - Won 2-0. 3 Stock on both Matches
Wubblez - Won 2-0. 2 Stock on both Matches
Meta Dude (Gonzo) -
Tanea -
Mr. Victory07 (Yatch) - Won 2-1. First Match Lost 90%. Next 2 Matches won with 2 Stock
Onxy (TMNS) - Won 2-0. 2 Stock on both Matches
KillerYoshi (Eric) -
Bio - Forfeit?
KiwiBear - Won 2-0. 2 Stock Both Matches
rel12 - Lost 2-0. 1st Match 110%, 2nd 20%
Chaco - Won 2-0. 1st Match 2 Stock. 2nd Match 80%
Carouselambra (Dan) - Won 2-0. 2 Stock on both Matches

Total: Matchs: 31-5 / Sets: 15-2

Mmac

Smash Lord
I beat Meta Dude 2-0. Good games Meta,

Also, Jump Man(Aka: Subman) wants you to confirm your match with him over at AiB, or something.

Edit: The funny thing is, I think I did too good against you on the first Match Meta, and I think it cause some sort of automatic Tripping Handicap for the next 2 matches. I was Tripping alot more than usual >_>

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
I beat Meta Dude 2-0. Good games Meta,

Also, Jump Man(Aka: Subman) wants you to confirm your match with him over at AiB, or something.

Edit: The funny thing is, I think I did too good against you on the first Match Meta, and I think it cause some sort of automatic Tripping Handicap for the next 2 matches. I was Tripping alot more than usual >_>
i already confirmed the match against subman. as far as the tripping, maybe it's that baby blue yoshi?

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Blah. Good games dude, although the last one got kinda gayed out at the end... I was like "ahhhhhh..."

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
wow kiwi, good matches, i feel like i got robbed but that's smash i guess. if i didn't kill myself so much i'd be doing much better in this tourney.

nevertheless, it's a pleasure playing against so many awesome yoshis.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
No, because this ins't fair. Like i explained a while back this didn't and hasn't worked out the way it should have. Some people are getting matches whilst others aren't. I've played 3 matches..thats it, and I still think we should scrap all this organization and assign who people will play. If you would've just set it up like that before this may have had better outcomes.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
It's not that difficult to just post here and say "anyone want to play?" If anyone's on that you haven't played, they'll usually accept.
Or you could just send out PMs and schedule matches. That seems to have worked pretty well for Defender.

@ Mmac: I have also not heard from Tanea, secretweapon, MetalLuigi, KillerYoshi, and Bio. Are they AWOL?

Mmac

Smash Lord
It's not that difficult to just post here and say "anyone want to play?" If anyone's on that you haven't played, they'll usually accept.
Or you could just send out PMs and schedule matches. That seems to have worked pretty well for Defender.

@ Mmac: I have also not heard from Tanea, secretweapon, MetalLuigi, KillerYoshi, and Bio. Are they AWOL?
MetalLuigi posted here once if anyone was able to play, but that was it.

And thats exactly what I did. If someone was online, I PM'ed them and see if they were ready to play

Bwett

Smash Ace
No, because this ins't fair. Like i explained a while back this didn't and hasn't worked out the way it should have. Some people are getting matches whilst others aren't. I've played 3 matches..thats it, and I still think we should scrap all this organization and assign who people will play. If you would've just set it up like that before this may have had better outcomes.
Just settle down, dude. First of all, this is my first tournament that I've hosted online and it was meant for maybe like 10 people. I never expected this many entries. Also, there is no way some kind of formal schedule could be set up. People have outside lives and things happen. Can you imagine 400 matches all set up with no changes? It would be entirely too difficult. For the most part, no one is even going to come close to getting all the matches. The only person I know of that has quite a bit is Mmac. Personally, I only have 8 matches and I'm pretty satisfied with that.

Now, I gave you AIM so yall could keep in contact. I can't help it if people don't respond to your messages. And just like what komix said in the previous post, there are alot of people who are only going to have done 1 match or so because they just aren't that interested. It's a flaw in the system, but we just have to deal with it. This was intended to help our yoshi community grow, maybe get an idea of the better people, and help techniques and ideas expand, and I'm proud to say that, in part because of this, our part of the boards is thriving. The match-up thread is booming and so is this one. We were mostly quiet until now. So just chill, pm some people. I still have to play you so if you wanna play possibly tomorrow night at 10 or so, just tell me. I'm not guaranteeing I'll be on, but it's pretty likely.

This is our tournament so nothing is truly set in stone. It's experimental so let's work with it.
Any other opinions on what we should do?

D

Deleted member

Also this tourny doesnt count for anything, except online dittos so dont take it too seriously.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
i don't take online brawl that serious, mostly due to lag. when i'm playing my friends in person for money, that's when i'm serious.

anyone i haven't played yet wanna do our matches? let me know.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I agree that since this is an online tournament of dittos, it can't be taken very seriously. Whatever bwett does will be fine in my opinion, given the previous statement. It doesn't matter. The main point is to broaden your spectrum of Yoshi as a character and to create more community among Yoshi mainers. I think it has done that, regardless of how well the actual tournament aspect has turned out.

On that note, I've only played 3 matches. I don't plan on challenging anyone else because of my newfound distaste for online play. However, I'll keep AIM on and will be happy to play or accept any challenges given my way. :)

Top Bottom