• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online rankings

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Most kaillera smashers are nothing compared to what 07 and 08 use to be like. Also no one ever plays, Because there ether banned for ******** reasons or Brawl took over.

DMoogle

A$
Except for very few people, everyone sucked in 07 and 08 compared to now.

The games aren't devolving. I'm pretty sure they never have.

There isn't enough forum/server participation to get a ranking system really going and be accurate, IMO.

Battlecow

Play to Win
... no. Like two people have been banned, and not for ******** reasons, and Brawl didn't really "take over" a whole lot more than melee already had. Also, rankings wouldn't work.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Apparently there used to be online rankings of the top players, but this was a couple years ago http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/rankings.aspx?id=4. I think it would be cool to have something like this again since theres a bunch of new players. Anyone else interested?
That ranking system sucked. If i remember correctly, PD like inflated his ranking by just playing noobs. Also, noone went to the main chatroom that much lol

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Late last year (Nov/Dec), I decided to go on the AIB 64 ladder chatroom. I stayed logged on the entire day (for several days). I just logged on, then did other stuff on my computer or just left my computer alone. At the end of the day, there were only 3-5 people who logged on (most probably just logged on and left immediately). Occasionally, there would be the one guy who asks if I want to play (but I'm not paying attention to the chat / am not on the computer, so I don't see his post).

So basically, that ladder is completely dead. If you want, look through the rankings, and check the "last played" date for everyone. You'll see there has been probably only 5 matches or so for January (haven't checked myself, but that's a guess).

Then again, I'd be up for some sort of ranking system... though the only problem is that most people aren't interested... or quit half-way through. The ladder in the competitive events was probably the best ranking system we've ever tried using (at least... since I've been on the 64 boards)... but people got bored of it, and slowly the ladder died.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Galaxy64 Ladder is dead, no one has played in over two months. Blue Yoshi you should remake a New Ladder maybe players will join it :D and starting a new one for 2010 I think would be cool.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
i always thought we could make an automated ladder work... the rules would be such that only the active players that care would be ranked at the top, and it would work kind of like metroid's old ladder, where you can challenge the people one or two spots above you and if you win, you jump ahead of them.

then all you would need is to figure out a system of reporting who won (mostly dependent on the honor code and randomly generated codes for each challenge, and an admin that wouldn't have to do anything except rule in the cases where there is a problem, like both saying they won), and a proper length of time to allow someone to accept a challenge before they automatically lose the challenge (to promote activity).

it wouldn't be too hard to create a website like that, the only thing is i doubt you'd be allowed to post a link to it here since it could be classified as "Advertising"

but i'm sure we could find a couple fair admins to facilitate it. maybe galaxy64 could even host it on their website

Top Bottom