• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Netplay over Dolphin Emulator.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6I2Bd0zwcE

Pal version at full speed 50 hz (50 FPS = 100% speed) on 1080p (the recorded video is only 560p upscaled) 3 Players Online without any button lag and no desync.

Please don't gudge about our bad skills, it's been years since we played Melee and it is not the reason why I made this video.

musashi

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure theres no lag or is it that you guys are so bad you didnt feel the lag?
Not **** talking here, it happens very often that bad players dont feel lag even on hd tvs.
Anyways, if theres 0 lag congrats on doing this, tell me how i can join, thanks :)

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Are you sure theres no lag or is it that you guys are so bad you didnt feel the lag?
Not **** talking here, it happens very often that bad players dont feel lag even on hd tvs.
Anyways, if theres 0 lag congrats on doing this, tell me how i can join, thanks :)
It's lagfree, we are just horrible since me and GE are totally used to Brawl+ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT61_935eG8 like this) and it's a bit hard with the 360 Pad to play.

musashi

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, i believe there is a way to play it with a GC controller?
Anyways could you link me to a place where i can read about this? id appreciate that. Playing melee online with 0 lag is just too good to let it pass.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I believe them when that say no desynch and no lag. It's probably 2 frame delay. It's impossible to have less unless they were on a LAN and not online.

But, the video, for them to have been able to screen capture it in HD, and STILL keep full 60fps online, they probably have some BEAST computers that would cost a couple thousand to buy or build. Chances are that the common Melee player will never be able to achieve this. We're gonna have to wait until the emulator improves with speed and compatibility for today's standard computers. (most people average 2GB ram, 2ghz)

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I believe them when that say no desynch and no lag. It's probably 2 frame delay. It's impossible to have less unless they were on a LAN and not online.

But, the video, for them to have been able to screen capture it in HD, and STILL keep full 60fps online, they probably have some BEAST computers that would cost a couple thousand to buy or build. Chances are that the common Melee player will never be able to achieve this. We're gonna have to wait until the emulator improves with speed and compatibility for today's standard computers. (most people average 2GB ram, 2ghz)
For playing at full speed and recording at the same time, you are right.
But it also runs on fullspeed at 1080p on my gaming netbook (the video is recorded from my desktop PC which is slightly stronger), I just totally optimized the configurations for performance.

Also, if you play the PAL version, you can choose 50 hz, that means you only need constantly 50 FPS to play on fullspeed with no desync.

All players need the identical savestate to stay on sync. (on the video it's my original savefile uploaded from my memory card to PC via USB Gecko)

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Another netplay videodemonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfd8DrbdK8c

We played like 20 matches in a row without desync. Too bad you can't turn off tab jump in Melee, it kills a little bit the fun for me since Brawl / Brawl+.

cool, but no sane player would play on 50hz
Your Display stays on the refresh rate your Desktop runs. It just emulates the 50hz mode of the console.

Pasi

Smash Cadet
Have you been to an Austrian smashfest? I never heard of you ...

I'd wish to play Melee online but my PC sucks too much

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for some online play if anyone wants to. I'll keep an eye on this thread, I have NTSC 1.0 and PAL copies.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Because the configuration link is broken, I'll share my Tutorial which includes a downloadlink to the R6225 64bit Dolphin version (you don't have to download the virtual memory card) with the allready adjusted configurations.
http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9611
You can change resolution, aspect ratio, and Gamepad Config, but don't change anything of the other configurations otherwise it will desync.
For more detailed information just read the tutorial (even if I made it for Naruto GNT4, it also applys to Melee).

games2007

Smash Rookie
I'm down for some online play if anyone wants to. I'll keep an eye on this thread, I have NTSC 1.0 and PAL copies.
I have 1.1 and I'm downloading PAL, since I can't find the 1.0 or 1.2 versions.
I found a converter than I'm downloading but it might not work. It says it's for Windows XP only.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I haven't had much time to play with this, bunch of tests this week. I will try to figure this out for the weekend.

KusakaKyo

Smash Rookie
Can u plz publish the config ur runing to get no Desync?, cuz im runing PAL version and i still get Delay =s

Manuu

Smash Rookie
How can i get meele on the emulator without having a wii or a drive which is able to read mini-discs?

Top Bottom