• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online In General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
I believe online is a great way to practice matchups and learn a characters basics. However, I think you will only be as good as your connection permits.

Discuss...

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
I only do online for friendlies nothing serious because I know that the connection will not permit me to do much... If it is good, then I ask the person that I am playing with to play a bit harder and that's when we play a bit serious but nah, online for this game... Not really good.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not amazing at this game by any standard, but I know the Wii enough to say out of the three consoles it's online is the worst. PS3s makes it look especially bad, mainly because theirs is free too. Not to start a console fight though, heck wii is the only gen console I have right now, but yeah online is for fun and experiences, and if they are near you, to get better. You can't fight someone halfway around the world and expect perfect connection though, especially with the Wii.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Playing online is only as good as your connection and the character you choose IMO. Meaning, it's complete trash to play my main (Ness) online with a bad connection. Why? It's pretty obvious, the biggest downfall he has is not even being able to recover and his recovery is bad enough already.

Online itself isn't really stunning. You don't get to talk to your opponents and if you do find someone you think is good on Basic or Team, you have no way to add them that I know of, so they're lost forever. Nintendo could use better servers too.

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
They took out features such as rankings to prvent people from "Feeling down if they suck". And to protect children or w/e, but then again, that was pointless since there's parental controls.

Brawl's wifi is pathetic lol, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
However, I think you will only be as good as your connection permits.
yup. I've lost to scrubby trash players because they can play better in a ****ty connection than I can (and it's even funnier when they like to put these matches on youtube of me) :ohwell: . So now I only fight people in tx, florida or california because those are the states are generally have a green connection with.

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
I love it when people replay laggy wifi matches, so when they put it up on youtube as a replay, it looks like a normal match lol.

I can only play in very minor lag. Anything above moderate and I start sucking.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I cant play in any lag thats why I dont play online but I wish I could. Fighters on my 360 dont lag :(

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I love it when people replay laggy wifi matches, so when they put it up on youtube as a replay, it looks like a normal match lol.

I can only play in very minor lag. Anything above moderate and I start sucking.
this x 10000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom