• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community #1: Poll on Dates

Online Brawl Community Poll

• Total voters

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As per Darknes' request I'm creating a poll for this online Brawl community. Unfortunately it can't be added to his main thread, so this will have to do.

The main thread for the online brawl community is here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358

Question: When would you like online events for this series to be hosted? Day 1 is the pools and day 2 is the bracket

A) friday (evening)/saturday
B) sunday(evening)/Monday(evening)
C) Tuesday (evening) /Thursday (evening)
D) I don't have an opinion

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Please feel free to leave some comments about why you feel one day will work better than another.

Example:
Some players have expressed interest in doing LIVE-TOURNAMENTS over the weekend (primarily friday/saturday or even sunday) which would leave Sunday evening as a good time to do online events.
Of course, a lot of the live competative gamers might not even care to do an event such as this.

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
I would choose weekends, because those are much more open for everyone I know. However my opinion is kind of moot because I wouldn't be able to participate anyways.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Its lame having to stay home on the weekends to play a tourney match.

Leave weekends for live-tournaments or whatever.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Its lame having to stay home on the weekends to play a tourney match.

Leave weekends for live-tournaments or whatever.
Yes, that is one of our concerns. There appears to be three types of players:

1)Players looking to just play in online tournaments
2)Players looking to just play in live events
3)Players looking to (open to) both

1)will most likely be interested in weekends
2)will most likely want to leave it during the week (as practice for weekend events)

please share your thoughts and concerns. We are going to go with whatever the majority prefers, most likely.

Quicksand

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Sunday the best, but I doubt it would be good for a lot of people. I'm really interested in mainly playing in online tourneys.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'd like Sunday the best, but I doubt it would be good for a lot of people. I'm really interested in mainly playing in online tourneys.
That may be the case for a large percentage of the people who become active in online tournament play. It's not going to be the easiest thing in the world to organize and many may easily be motivated to stick to in-person events if online becomes too much of a hassle.

Obviously, we won't know for sure what major obsticles we will encounter until we actually get the game.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The only reason I say Tues/Thurs is those are the only days I don't work.
I feel like it might be best to do Saturday/Sundays, personally. That way, people have all day Saturday to get pools done, and then we can organize a time Sunday for brackets. Considering that those are the only two days where most people are free for at least part of the day, I wonder if that would be preferable

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
tuesday/thursday would give me something to look forward to mid week and good practice for live weekend events, plus there is no way I would be playing Smash on a friday/saturaday night unless I was at a tournament.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
tuesday/thursday would give me something to look forward to mid week and good practice for live weekend events, plus there is no way I would be playing Smash on a friday/saturaday night unless I was at a tournament.
You make some good points. We just need to wait and see though what kind of crowd our tournament series draws in. It could be that a lot of the players are not going to regularly going to live tournaments... in which case people such as your self will sadly be the minority.

The Bino

Smash Lord
~ Subscribe to see how this turns out ~

Also, i voted Friday/Saturday, due to the fact that i work nights and friday and saturday nights are the only days i have off, and of course if this didn't turn out to be a weekly onine tourney i wouldn't mind going to relax at home and play some matches via wifi if i didn't have any other plans

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sigh.. I am free every day except Sunday but rarely at nightime or holidays. The odds of me being able to connecting nightly isn't very likely...

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Friday nights are the best because i can stay up late those nights without worry from school... but maybe when summer time comes around you should do this poll agian (seeing how it looks friday is going to win) because during the summer, thursdays and tuesdays will be better.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Friday and Saturday seems like the most logical choice to me since most people are free on the weekends.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I voted for tuesday/thursday. I believe online matches are best done during the week, while big events (live ones, mostly) are done on weekends.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
yea just keep it friday (evening)/saturday its pwning so far and most convenient

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I would strongly recommend making the Round Robin on Sunday, and the Main Event on Monday and or Tuesday Evening if neccessary. That would allow more people to practice over the weekend with their free time.

The way I figure it. A GRAND majority of the partcipants will be playing on Sunday. That number shrinks drastically on Monday for the people who make it to the elimination bracket (around 64 or so).

Those participating in those brackets will more than likely be the ones playing every night.

Sunday is a great day because usually people just hang out in their homes for the most part. 10 or 15 matches can be played within a reasonable time period and the statistics can be compiled that very night (barring any major disputes.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Perhaps we could get two tournament series going? One during the week and one for the weekend? Part of our goal at the OBC is to be open to as many different types of players as possible. For those of you interested in playing during the week.... can you commit roughly 2-3 hours on a tuesday for pools and then 2 on Thursday if you qualify for the bracket? How much time sounds reasonable if not that?

Dais

Smash Cadet
Weekends work for the school kids. But keep in mind, alot of people with jobs have to work during the weekend when things are busy. Ofcourse there is no perfect day of the week for everyone. I voted for tuesday/thursday.

Top Bottom