• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Onett for Counterpicking?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Is Onett a good counterpick stage for Doc? Seems like you could set up some crazy pill traps on that stage, as long as you're not playing someone who can camp better than Doc (Fox, Falco, Peach, possibly the Links)

I know Onett is not legal in most tournaments, but has anyone ever tried this? How well has it worked?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've played onett in friendlies against a fox, and i found out that it actually plays into their favor. The thing about onett is you dont have to recover, either you're dead or you're not.

So the problem with the stage is, you cant really exploit anybody's recoveries, and you have to really rely on beating them to the punch on alot of things.

More specifically, fox can waveshine you up against a wall, and falco has a few high platforms to shine you off the top.

If you can make it work, more power to you; i personally dont like onett.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I disagree with that statement. Sex is good. Doc mainly has a disadvantage on that stage. Because doc is more about the horizontal kills. Onett would prevent this because of the walls.

Top Bottom