• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing that I don't like about Bowser

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He should be able to toss fireballs rather than just being able to go-flamethrower. Bowser's Fireballs were classic from the beginning, so why can't they have use in the Smash series?

What I would've found is if holding B down = Flamethrower and Tapping B = Fireball. Something like Yoshi's Final Smash. Nothing much like Mario and Luigi's fire, though, which I'm guessing is the reason for the way Bowser's fire was the way it was in Brawl+Melee.

See?
I'd say because all the times he was pictured in a 3-D environment, i.e sunshine and SM 64,
he used flamethrower, rather than fireballs

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
much more range, but its also not nearly as strong

i guess they saw the "gimpyfish combo" youtube video and knew they had to tone it down *sigh*

limitbreak

Smash Ace
they should make it so it comes out much faster, has much less lag, and you can aim it up and down, that would make it a lot better htan the melee version

oh wait they did that nvm good work nintendo
ahhaha your the man gimpy

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
much more range, but its also not nearly as strong

i guess they saw the "gimpyfish combo" youtube video and knew they had to tone it down *sigh*
Curse you gimpy for being just too **** good. I mean honestly, you could at least take one for the team once in a while and stop making bowser look top tier.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
The fact is that most characters in smash have no move sets similar to that of their games. Fox' was made up of now where. Mario's pay homage, but he never did use the cape to attack enemies.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It would be neat, but there seems to be a policy of not giving a heavy weight a projectile.

Noxin

Smash Cadet
Curse you gimpy for being just too **** good. I mean honestly, you could at least take one for the team once in a while and stop making bowser look top tier.
yeah it's not like he wouldnt find someway to include it into his heavy wieght mastery

pezmaniac

Smash Rookie

if you go back and look at the pictures in temple it look like he is shooting fireballs

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how anybody could think something is wrong with Bowser? He is too cool to have somthing wrong with him except for his obsession with a tease.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
The fact is that most characters in smash have no move sets similar to that of their games. Fox' was made up of now where. Mario's pay homage, but he never did use the cape to attack enemies.
Super Mario World anyone?

Hell, that's where the cape CAME FROM! You'd think everyone would know what he used it for.

-_-'

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
have you not played super mario world...the game that it came from!?!?
Why is heavy a bad thing?
thats the thing, it isnt.
Super Mario World anyone?

Hell, that's where the cape CAME FROM! You'd think everyone would know what he used it for.

-_-'
oh, you beat me to it.

iron blade

Smash Ace
i think bowser's new fire is better than his fireballs would be. his fire breath never shortens, it just needs to recharge after use, and you can aim it up and down. also, gimpy said it has much less starting and ending lag, and it's "stickier" when used on opponents.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
they should make it so it comes out much faster, has much less lag, and you can aim it up and down, that would make it a lot better htan the melee version

Lol. I think Gimpy wins. Keep up the good work.

LuCKy

Smash Master
He should be able to toss fireballs rather than just being able to go-flamethrower. Bowser's Fireballs were classic from the beginning, so why can't they have use in the Smash series?

What I would've found is if holding B down = Flamethrower and Tapping B = Fireball. Something like Yoshi's Final Smash. Nothing much like Mario and Luigi's fire, though, which I'm guessing is the reason for the way Bowser's fire was the way it was in Brawl+Melee.

See?
johns mr.....

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but

I think Bowser doesn't have fire balls because he's supposed to be a heavy weight, melee fighter. Fire balls could almost make Bowser cheap, since he'd be super durable and he wouldn't need to get up next to you to hurt you.
It's not like he's right up next to the opponant anyways. However I think that having a variation from fire ball to flame thrower would be good, as long as they had different strengths, rather then the fire ball having the exact power of the flame. :dizzy:

e319

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping he'd shoot fireballs, but im just fine with fire breath

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
A compromise I would be happy with is to make Giga Bowser shoot fireballs that did a ton of knockback instead of the flametrower. You know, make him able to kill with the flames, if you chose to spend your limited giga time using B moves instead of smashing.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
One thing I don't like about Bowser is the way he sounds when KOed.... he sort of sounds like a pokemon in a gameboy game, in that 5 minute gameplay video... I'm wondering if he sounds different in the U.S. version

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I do like the idea of Fireballs in addition to the standard breath from Melee. I think the fireballs should act more like a standard projectile in the sense that they can be absorbed/deflected and also can actually knock people around and maybe cause KOs. This would also make Bowser a far more versatile character.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
A while ago I thought of fireballs being used instead of flame breath. I got this idea when I picked up Falco as my 2nd main (next to Bowser of course). I thought short hop fireballs would be awesome. It would be like falco doing short-hop lazers but with fireballs! HELLZ YEAH

bigknuxred

Smash Cadet
CALM DOWN THEIR GIMPYFISH. besides u are right. AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL..........I DONT WANT THEM TAKING ANY ORIGINALITY FROM MY YOSHI! HMMPH!!!!!!

S2

Smash Lord
Why can't he have both?

Make it so that a quick tap (like a shorthop) does a fireball, holding it makes him do his breath?

Then again, TC, nothing about Bowser is ever wrong.

There is nothing to dislike about Bowser. If you dislike anything about him, you are wrong.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
wait a second....

wait a second gimpy, didnt you post that in a thread i started a while ago about the firebreath? I believe you just served a healthy portion of copy pasta :)

EDIT (the prequel): Nvm, no such copy pasta exists. I am still starved for some good copy pasta. :(

EDIT: Lol found it.
yeah good point, not being able to turn around with the claw would kinda suck. maybe a short tap of neutral B to make the fire burst and hold it to be the firebreath?
so yeah, that idea would have been sweet, but i think giving bowser a true projectile would have made him the best camper ever, since he is so **** heavy. Then again, its not like samus is any kind of light weight, so i guess the point is moot.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's firebreath should be change in this manner I believe. Tab the special button to shoot out fireballs, press and hold for firebreathe. I think that would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom