• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing that I don't like about Bowser

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
He should be able to toss fireballs rather than just being able to go-flamethrower. Bowser's Fireballs were classic from the beginning, so why can't they have use in the Smash series?

What I would've found is if holding B down = Flamethrower and Tapping B = Fireball. Something like Yoshi's Final Smash. Nothing much like Mario and Luigi's fire, though, which I'm guessing is the reason for the way Bowser's fire was the way it was in Brawl+Melee.

See?

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i kind of wish he did have the fireballs instead of the flamethrower, but i have no complaints because being able to aim it up and down is good enough for me.

although i'm pretty sure in super mario 64 he actually had a flamethrower and no fireballs which would be a better reason he doesn't have it instead of it just being too similar to the mario bros.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Actually, in 64 he didn't have fireballs per say but rather small shots of floating-flames that had just about the same effect.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
The only flaw I saw in his regular fire is that it dies out after too much use I don't think changes should be made

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
they should make it so it comes out much faster, has much less lag, and you can aim it up and down, that would make it a lot better htan the melee version

oh wait they did that nvm good work nintendo

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
it should set the whole stage on fire. Why hasn't this game got realistic physX an supr engin 4 fire? Wii suX!

actually think the fireball idea would be cool, pity it's not implemented.

Supa_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
The fire seemed to work fine in melee and I don't think that it should be changed at all. If anything I think that his over B should be changed. But also a more classic bower would be cool too so i'm a bit torn.:dizzy:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
have you read anything about bowser sonic? you should check my thread in the general brawl discussion

his firebreath and his klaw are changed

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i can show bias all i want here i tried to keep it mostly out of the actual impressions thread, but i could care less outside of that lol

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
gimpy thats an awsome sig, I just had to say it.
oh also if bowser were to have gotten fireballs instead of aimable fire, that would also be kinda wierd. the fire balls would have set damage and it would be hard to set a good speed for them. too fast and the attack isnt fair, too slow and the attack sucks.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Careful what you say, EAD. I've heard gimpyfish BANS people for dissing his main!

Anyway, I feel like Bowser has received a major improvement in speed. Is it just me, Ike, or the strange idea that he is now faster than Donkey Kong???

Either way, his B> is still my ownage weapon. And I like how Diddy has a command throw now as well!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Remember the running and shooting update well bowser should have the tap B to shoot fireball sand hold b while moving to walk while breathing fire. Nuff said

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
oh also if bowser were to have gotten fireballs instead of aimable fire, that would also be kinda wierd. the fire balls would have set damage and it would be hard to set a good speed for them. too fast and the attack isnt fair, too slow and the attack sucks.
It would be tough to do but it could still be regulated. Diddy has his popguns. Samus has her gun. So why can't Bowser have a good projectile?

If they chose to make it fast they could make it weaker. Or, if they make it slow, they could make it stronger.

From a 1-10, ten being strongest and 1 being fastest, I'd give it a 6.

Personally, I'd want the flamethrower to be thrown out completely, with fireballs completely that're amiable and break stuff (ie, 1:48-2:06, but maybe faster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R9nI_wXz8s), but that'd be pushing my bowser-lovin' luck. ;)

:bowser:

Luigi player

Smash Master
I too wanted that Bowser shoots those fire-rockets like he does in Super Mario Bros. That would be awesome!XD But now that you can aim your fire and it doesn't get small it's alright too ^^

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
In terms of the timer, what happens when the time runs out, doe the move automatically stop or does he stay in the move but not make any flame?

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
I think Bowser doesn't have fire balls because he's supposed to be a heavy weight, melee fighter. Fire balls could almost make Bowser cheap, since he'd be super durable and he wouldn't need to get up next to you to hurt you.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I suggested the same thing in my firebreath thread. I think it would be a great addition to bowser. It would keep the same properties of the firebreath we know and love, plus the new stuff that it already has, plus giving bowser more options in his play style. Why not do it? because then bowser would be TOO good. :chuckle:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this is not a sig shop thread, so that will likely just go unreplied to

you want to go to the artwork imporium on the main page, find a sig shop (sugarpoultry made mine, she makes great sigs) read the first post and make a request

Top Bottom