• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One step closer

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I got in the mood to test but not to test usmash killing percents with di (is lazy it seems)

So I tested to see if Sheik fair can still give her a little boost in her recovery while doing so found something around as useful as a ninja headbutt if not less.

For everyone who doesn't really care about the smaller, semi useless details I'll make this quick.

~What this thread is mainly about.~

• Sheik fair still help her recovery.
  • Doing a raising fair or fast falling fair give you the same distance bonus
  • Doing three fairs is equivalent of a single step forward for sheik.
  • Doing anymore then three fairs will not continue to help Sheik recovery.

In testing I got up to nine fair's with using just the C stick and she travel no farther then one step (I set it up so doing two fair's would mean sheik would die thus I got the number 3)

~Main reason for thread is over~

The bonus discovery I found was that when Sheik Fsmash is used at the edge of the stage she will be push closer to the ledge then what you are capable of doing on your own.

Which means doing things like Fsmash into short hop fair with no di means sheik will be far enough to grab the ledge while before she would always land onto the stage.

What's semi interesting about this is that you can do a fsmash, go straight into a dsmash, a utilt, and then short hop into a fair and still have the same effect as going straight to short hop after fsmash.

To do this you have to enter the commands in very quickly after the move ends but if done correctly you can clearly see that sheik is hovering off the side of the stage...So I guess they have more range then normal or something....

Like I said semi useless...

Testing was done in training mode and in VS's but measurements were primary done in training mode on a costume made stage.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
intresting maybe incorpreating this into your every day brawl could prove benifital even at the slightist

like if your out of reach and you feel like vanish is to easable punished after landing on stage or you feel that chain takes to long to execute

if you ask me this isnt semi useless but more of a tech in its self for lining up stratagies!

Good job Tristin!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I don't see how a third of a step forward extra distance in recovery can help in virtually any situation (other then...being a third of a step away from recovering). Tristan's right Silver0p, I'd say this is semi-useless. Still, it can't hurt to know.

Is F Air Shiek's shortest lasting aerial? If so this would be an additional reason to DI with F Air.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Moves her forward, eh? Kinda like how peach's fair moves her back, but to a much lesser degree. Good info to know. Sheik needs every little thing that can help her.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I see some confusion.... **** my poor wording!

~sighs~

I think doing the fair three times just to gain a small amount of extra horizontal distance while recovery is worth it and can be important.

I do not think fsmash toward the edge of the stage just so you have a little bit more reach on selective attacks if done immediately is worth it.

~rolls over into his side~

~Xero~

Smash Cadet
When I said that I was talking about two things but I only downplay the second which was the whole fsmash pushing you closer to the ledge then you could normally. The triple fair equaling about 1 step although isn't big it is nice to know while recovering from the upper corner of the screen so I thought it was noteworthy.
I'm sorry, i know your not looking good in english, but can you try to make more sense please?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm sorry, i know your not looking good in english, but can you try to make more sense please?
~sighs~

I think doing the fair three times just to gain a small amount of extra horizontal distance while recovery is worth it and can be important.

I do not think fsmash toward the edge of the stage just so you have a little bit more reach on selective attacks if done immediately is worth it.

~rolls over onto his side~

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, i know your not looking good in English, but can you try to make more sense please?
I'm pretty sure he meant this...

He had two discoveries, the recovery was noteworthy, the fSmash was not in his mind.

The fAir to help us recover from the corners / 45 degree angles is worth keeping in the back of our mind if we don't think we'd otherwise make a safe recovery. Even a step worth of room helps.

The fSmash thing he just mentioned but downplayed because, while its something cool to note, there isn't much practical use in his mind for it and thus not worthy of an entirely separate thread. Thus this was his only chance to bring attention to it without derailing another thread or never mentioning it at all.

...I hope I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, but I thought I understood you pretty well.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
good find those fairs can be the difference between landing on the stage and being edge hogged.

Top Bottom