• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Saturday in DeKalb... (Melee)

Virsath

Smash Cadet
Me and a buddy of mine were gonna play Melee in my apartment this Saturday (Nov. 6th), when he happened across the Hax combo video. At which point he called me and insisted that we invite as many people as possible to play.

So, here's an invite to anyone in the area to come by Saturday. Anytime's good and there's plenty of floorspace to sleep on. Only rule is you have to leave Sunday morning (much studying to do).

BYOC, BYOB, BYOG etc etc.

Roommate willing, we'll have 2 TVs, so I think we'll need maybe one more?

807 Lucinda Ave. Apt 14
Dekalb, IL 60115

(847) 668-6489

There's free weekend visitor parking on Carroll Ave (doesn't have an actual address, but it's off Rt. 38), and it's a short walk to my place from there.

Before 4pm, text me for anything you need/need to know; after 4, call or text.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm busy this saturday, but I am only like 30 minutes away, in Geneva IL. You guys should come out here if you ever have the chance as well. We usually get like 5 people for Melee on an average night.

Quaz

Smash Master
Sup Virseth?? =3

I'd love to show up but I work late saturday. As soon as you're back in grayslake though let me know and we can arrange some smash time!

Virsath

Smash Cadet
Next time I'll be in that area is probably Thanksgiving. However, I'm gonna be spending a lot of my time at my buddy's place in Antioch with 3-4 other Smashers; I'll see if you can't come along. ;)

Virsath

Smash Cadet
Well, my buddy's dad lives there and he's housesitting for Thanksgiving. I personally don't know anyone that lives there; everyone else is coming from around the 'burbs.

thegrump

Smash Rookie
November 19th-28th will be full of smash in Antioch at my place. Anyone welcome that:
A. Plans on not trashing my house as there will not be a party, just smashing/LANing
B. Can play Smash WELL-not to be a snob, but i'm sick of baddies getting my hopes up for a challenge

_J!

Smash Cadet
Antioch is cool and all but really, lets get back to the dekalb thing. I've already got my cube and tv in the car people.

_J!

Smash Cadet
I'm busy this saturday, but I am only like 30 minutes away, in Geneva IL. You guys should come out here if you ever have the chance as well. We usually get like 5 people for Melee on an average night.
on an average night? weekends? nights...in general? I need to know more.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It really depends on everyone's work/school schedules. But yes, on any given night where we smash, there are 5 people at least. It has been seeming like weekends and Tuesday/Wednesday have been the most likely.

_J!

Smash Cadet
very cool, I'll have to keep that in mind. I think at one point my pal Russ got in contact with you here and we've been meaning to drop by. Also, what are the odds some of these other 5 or so people who you smash with could come to dekalb...you're busy, but maybe you could put one/some of them in contact with Virsath or myself?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Hoefler

BRoomer
I wish I could come to this nerd fest. I work all saturday. If only you could make it next weekend... alas my pvp video awaits.

Edit: these nigres ain't new... Rofl

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sorry i couldnt make it dude, I spent all my energy on Kirk's last night. I'm definitely interested in smash out there, though. U got my number so let me know next time shiz goes down!

off to sleep now :tired:

_J!

Smash Cadet
sounds like adam is headin up on wednesday...can the geneva crew pull together that night? if so, virsath, hoefler, russ and I will be happy to try to meet you at your place...I can bring a 27 inch tv and a cube if we need it. also, you're all missing out on hilarious falcon dittos. hat's ***.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wednesday nights are usually bad for me because i have a 10am class thursday. I guess i can try to actually write my papers ahead of time this week...

i'll talk to the boys and see what they are feelin

edit- sub'd

_J!

Smash Cadet
That'd be fantastic. What time, address, should we bring tvs and cubes, all that good stuff?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Is there WiFi i could use? I forgot that the Chicago-Land Power Ranking Skype Chat is going on wednesday night at 9pm, so I gotta be there to run that shiz. Should only take like 30 min, if that.

_J!

Smash Cadet
Virsath's place should have wireless internet going on, if I recall correctly.

_J!

Smash Cadet
I was thinking geneva as well till I found out adam can't stay for too long. I think it'd just be easier, at least for his sake, to do your place.

thoughts?

_J!

Smash Cadet
Tomorrow. Hoefler's got **** to do and wont be around forever, so it'd probably be best if we all gather where he's heading...and that's dekalb. He should be in town at about 6 so...barring any complaints Virsath has, I'd say try to get there right around then.

Virsath

Smash Cadet
I wanted to say this: I have an exam Thursday morning and I'm gonna get off my computer and study until 6 tomorrow.

HOWEVER! If I feel I don't have enough time to study I'll post by 3 tomorrow calling it off. Just check it before you guys all head out. Knowing me, even if I'm not totally prepared, I'll just say "**** it, come over".

Top Bottom