• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One of those games...

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the Wii Klonoa thread. I remember the character well. He was a cat-like rabbit thing with a blue hat and large floppy ears. Don't you hate it when a game that does so well with critics never receives the attention it desreves? This series is one of those types of games. After Klonoa Heroes (A game released exclusively in Japan...in 2002), the series sort of went quiet...until now.

After a six year hiatus, Nintendo apparently purchased the rights to the series (From what I've heard anyway), and Namco Bandai games is developing a remake...or should I say Wii-make of the first game, with a major graphical overhaul.

From what I've seen from these videos the game looks quite gorgeous for a Wii game. The graphics look like something ripped straight out of Tales of Vespia (A game released for the 360 if I remember).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5493o_Dpf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRDeQEF6Xu0

All this was taken from the Tokyo Game Show 2008.

Release Date: Dec 4, 2008 (JP)
TBA (NA)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just look at my sig. I love the Klonoa games.

The remake comes out next month in Japan. They better not change Klonoa's design if they're going to bring this game outside of Japan.

The new design looks too much like Sonic.

EDIT: I'm glad someone else has actually heard of Klonoa.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Klonoa is definetly one of my childhood favorite games, it's good to at least see him back after his long hiutus.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I had a demo of a Klonoa game, all I remember is liking it. I really do not like the look of the new Klonoa, the game looks good for a Wii game and I'd get it if it came out here, hopefully they'll keep the proper Klonoa look.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Can't we just make this the thread for Wii Klonoa? Wouldn't that be better than it being titled "One of those games..."?

This game looks sick though. The graphics look like Mario Galaxy meets Wind Waker, and I have to agree that it does look like a good SEGA character.

Take that Shadow the Hedgehog.

Top Bottom