• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On the Game of Mafia

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think maybe having a rule that says players are not allowed to say the name of thier ability ever as part of the no quotes or screenshots would be a good idea.

Trying to control what people can say is about the worst thing you can do.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So would it be bad if I specifically chose certain players for a couple roles?

Not all roles just a couple.
Remember everyone, some players are going to have handpicked roles in praline's game. :p

D

Deleted member

well can also do the same thing by not having ability names at all, but making flavour deader.
That was never necessary, it was only me who went all out with flavor and ended up ****ing balance. I've learned from that to not name abilities if I ever host another game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That was never necessary, it was only me who went all out with flavor and ended up ****ing balance. I've learned from that to not name abilities if I ever host another game.
mines currently half nameless half named and I rrly dont wanna get rid of my names XD. Only did like half roles anyway but thats still like a decent amount of names :O

I got rid of some, at least. cba to reword things to remove flavour out of abilities atm. Can't go overboard on the character descriptions too, cos what I removed I more or less just moved to the character description to justify their role lmao.

your awesome flavour is what made me enjoy the game so much despite mafia losing badly XD.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I did some brainstorming today. Some of this might make no sense, but its ideas for how to make mafia games different and not just by changing up the roles. (except that last point cos run out of brain internet juice)

• Game where instead of lynching or along side it, a separate vote for a buff. This could be general pick out of 3 that mod says e.g everyone gets One roleblock. Or vote who gets a secret buff. Mafia and town can be buffed. In this case everyone has 1 ability, with predetermined extra abilities given in a random order. Mafia get mafia abilities town gets town abilities etc. May be duplicated like town and mafia both could get a secondary double vote ability.
  • Game where every action is delayed by one night, but roles are simple.
  • Game where everyone has e.g 5 lives. Attack moves get rid of e.g 2 lives. Strongman attack is a one not KO. Votes get rid of one. But, top 3 people that get voted rids them all of 1 life.
  • Game where everyone has a day time ability and a night time ability, but can only talk about night time abilities during the day, and day time abilities during the night. So harder to make night plans.
  • Game where there is a lot of 3rd parties.
  • Game where there are multiple teams. May have a diplomatic element. (yay!)
  • Game where it's town and 2 mafia factions.
  • Game where it's mafia Vs mafia.
  • Game where it's FFA (yay!)
  • Game where Mafia are the good guys and they are OP. They can find eachother by targeting another mafia in which case it fails and tells them that player is mafia. Town is pretty weak and are the bad guys.
  • Game where there are no standard roles, only uncommon ones.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Game where instead of lynching or along side it, a separate vote for a buff. This could be general pick out of 3 that mod says e.g everyone gets One roleblock. Or vote who gets a secret buff. Mafia and town can be buffed. In this case everyone has 1 ability, with predetermined extra abilities given in a random order. Mafia get mafia abilities town gets town abilities etc. May be duplicated like town and mafia both could get a secondary double vote ability.
That sounds like something that could shake things up, honestly.

It could mean people can be safer at making fakeclaims, in fact.

Game where every action is delayed by one night, but roles are simple.
I don't like this one because it makes the day 1 issues even worse by extending them to day 2.

Game where everyone has e.g 5 lives. Attack moves get rid of e.g 2 lives. Strongman attack is a one not KO. Votes get rid of one. But, top 3 people that get voted rids them all of 1 life.
I dunno about that one... makes the game longer than they should be and pretty much destroys the point of most protective roles.

Game where everyone has a day time ability and a night time ability, but can only talk about
Talk about what? Sounds incomplete.

Either way, having a day and night ability for each player would make things interesting.

Game where there is a lot of 3rd parties.
Depends on the third parties, I guess.

Game where there are multiple teams. May have a diplomatic element. (yay!)
I like the idea.

Game where it's town and 2 mafia factions.
Would be crazy, honestly. And likely only work if there are enough players to make this feasible.

Game where it's mafia Vs mafia.
Imagine all the bloodshed lmao :laugh:

Game where it's FFA (yay!)
Holder's is gonna be like that, iirc.

Game where Mafia are the good guys and they are OP. They can find eachother by targeting another mafia in which case it fails and tells them that player is mafia. Town is pretty weak and are the bad guys.
Sounds interesting...

Game where there are no standard roles, only uncommon ones.
Dunno about that one, honestly... The standard roles just feel like an important part.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
oh right soz added the incomplete bit.
The Stoopid Unikorn said:
I like the idea.
lets see if that diplomacy even works out XD. Theres multiple ways of doing it, even if it is just changing the amount of teams involved. The Yay's are the ones that are happening so yh Holder is doing a FFA, right after mine so I can play it!! :D

And yeah I like the first idea the most myself. (thats why I changed the order and put it up there hehe)

That input was very useful, thanks.

D

Deleted member

Game where instead of lynching or along side it, a separate vote for a buff. This could be general pick out of 3 that mod says e.g everyone gets One roleblock. Or vote who gets a secret buff. Mafia and town can be buffed. In this case everyone has 1 ability, with predetermined extra abilities given in a random order. Mafia get mafia abilities town gets town abilities etc. May be duplicated like town and mafia both could get a secondary double vote ability.
That could work foe a specific game's gimmick. Seems a lot for a host to handle but if they were willing to, then I'd say give it a try.
Game where every action is delayed by one night, but roles are simple.
That doesn't do anything if all Night actions are delayed, it'll only make things more tedious and slow.
Game where everyone has e.g 5 lives. Attack moves get rid of e.g 2 lives. Strongman attack is a one not KO. Votes get rid of one. But, top 3 people that get voted rids them all of 1 life.
I think that could work for a FFA game but it'd only slow down a normal game.
Game where everyone has a day time ability and a night time ability, but can only talk about night time abilities during the day, and day time abilities during the night. So harder to make night plans.
I don't like roles that limit what a player can say so no.
Game where there is a lot of 3rd parties.
Might be hard to balance unless it's a straight up FFA, everyone with unique goals.
Game where it's mafia Vs mafia.
That wouldn't work... At all. No reason for anyone to hide anything and the winner is based solely on who can get to the next Day with one more member.
Game where it's FFA (yay!)
I considered making my next game like that but decided against it.
Basically, it'd be 3rd Parties only, with two main types of roles: ones that have to reach their goal before the game ends(targetting/killing/lynching a certain player or number of them) and others who simply have to survive.
Game would end when only two players last so the idea would be to have players form alliances on their own to get to the end, as there'd be roles and goals that complement each other while having roles that are in direct opposition.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A game of Mafia vs Mafia would have to have multiple factions to work, and even then I am not sure.

Long ago I had debated on the idea of doing a Devil Survivor game where all the players would receive one of the cast members from the first or second game and each would be in a group of three players (or four if the game is large) each with their own role of Leader, Support, Tank/Defense, Offense etc. and the day phases would be about trying to get a feel of who is on whose team. People would basically not be able to character claim though because that'd reveal right away what team they are on.

It would also probably have to have no standard mafia kills. Either there's a few conditional kill roles, like one in each group, or like in a game Liberation has done in the old Mafia sm4sh backroom, it's like an RPG and everyone has health and basically everyone attacks one another and that's how people die at Night.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
the RPG one was bad because the mafia ended up being underpowered - if I made them much stronger it might work

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
well with mafia vs mafia it wouldn't really be mafia anymore...cos no lynches basically. just day/night actions and see what team outlasts who. preferbly identical abilities.
A game of Mafia vs Mafia would have to have multiple factions to work, and even then I am not sure.

Long ago I had debated on the idea of doing a Devil Survivor game where all the players would receive one of the cast members from the first or second game and each would be in a group of three players (or four if the game is large) each with their own role of Leader, Support, Tank/Defense, Offense etc. and the day phases would be about trying to get a feel of who is on whose team. People would basically not be able to character claim though because that'd reveal right away what team they are on.

It would also probably have to have no standard mafia kills. Either there's a few conditional kill roles, like one in each group, or like in a game Liberation has done in the old Mafia sm4sh backroom, it's like an RPG and everyone has health and basically everyone attacks one another and that's how people die at Night.
hmmmm i dunno. my GoT has multiple teams so sorta relevant. icba to work on it atm though.

Shishoe said:
I considered making my next game like that but decided against it.
Basically, it'd be 3rd Parties only, with two main types of roles: ones that have to reach their goal before the game ends(targetting/killing/lynching a certain player or number of them) and others who simply have to survive.
Game would end when only two players last so the idea would be to have players form alliances on their own to get to the end, as there'd be roles and goals that complement each other while having roles that are in direct opposition.
why did you decide against it? I mean idm I loved your fate/mafia.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We had a mafia vs mafia one in the form of TF2 mafia.

RED members and BLU members had to figure out who was who and take the others out.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We had a mafia vs mafia one in the form of TF2 mafia.

RED members and BLU members had to figure out who was who and take the others out.
that's basically a perfect theme for that. maybe someone would do overwatch or something, or TF2. or just same kinda setup. Can't beat a classic.

I need to know what the roles were for TF2 mafia.

Wer mafia the TF classic boys (and girl)?

Were the announcer, Miss Pauling, and they video camera guy involved?

I need answers :p
:061:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

@God Robert's Cousin @AEMehr and I were the hosts.

GRC was Saxton. AEM was Pauling. I was the announcer.

The way it worked was that almost everyone was either RED or BLU. But no one knew who other members were. Everyone was some member of the team such as BLU Pyro (a cop). Everyone was also given weapon drops which gave them all bonus abilities.

On top of that, we had a secret GRAY team that hid in secret. Game couldn't end til they were killed. We also had several roles that counted towards team totals but had unique win conditions that could hurt their team like a griefer Engineer, a Demopan, and a Hoovy that won by reviving three players of ANY team.

D

Deleted member

why did you decide against it? I mean idm I loved your fate/mafia.
Because I really have no idea how to balance a game like that and I'm certainly not ready to try it.
I am considering making Fate/Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo a Multiball though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This was my role.
image.jpeg

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Because I really have no idea how to balance a game like that and I'm certainly not ready to try it.
I am considering making Fate/Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo a Multiball though.
I'm glad im not the only one having that kind of an idea.

I'm trying to make it work tho, but I doubt I'll ever do something like this again even if it works perfectly and everyone enjoys it.
Could just make my mafia be teams and no diplomacy, but lame if only one set of people wins...so diplo it is. I have the diplo rules and other stuff but its not complete so can't do any real balancing yet.
@God Robert's Cousin @AEMehr and I were the hosts.

GRC was Saxton. AEM was Pauling. I was the announcer.

The way it worked was that almost everyone was either RED or BLU. But no one knew who other members were. Everyone was some member of the team such as BLU Pyro (a cop). Everyone was also given weapon drops which gave them all bonus abilities.

On top of that, we had a secret GRAY team that hid in secret. Game couldn't end til they were killed. We also had several roles that counted towards team totals but had unique win conditions that could hurt their team like a griefer Engineer, a Demopan, and a Hoovy that won by reviving three players of ANY team.
why was pyro a cop?! I'd want to run away from that guy... but roles sounded mad.

And oooo bonus abilities!! Yup someone has to do that again. I'm not doing it cos GoT is already complicated enough.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pauling here. If you've received this message, you're dead and our respawning thingy probably broke or something. Or you've just come here to collect your two refined, and I'll help you with that later.

But first, since you're done participating, it's only fair I fill you in on what's going on here.

RED Team

You are the RED Scout, the Cheater.

You see yourself as a lovable, funny, and charming guy. But everyone actually thinks you're incredibly annoying, arrogant, and a waste of oxygen in some cases. Something they can't deny, though, is that you're very fast. So fast, in fact, that you can sneak in two votes with nobody noticing. It wouldn't be the first time you've done something like that either though.

You are on the
RED Team. You win when all of BLU Team has been eliminated.

Contracts:
Center of Attention - Consume a can of Crit-a-Cola despite it having no effect on you, so you can brag to your friends about how cool you are.
I AM the Scout Here! - Prove your superiority over another player by defeating them in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

You are the RED Demoman, the Vigilante.

Working several jobs while drunk isn't easy, but somehow you know what you're doing. As a demolitions expert, you can use your Scottish Resistance to kill a player at Night by saying Gib: User in your Role PM, but to make sure you don't risk blowing up any kittens, you only have just enough ammo to do this once.

You are on the

Contracts
Kilt in Action -
Kill the BLU Soldier yourself.
Bravehurt - Manage to kill 2 BLU players by the end of the game.

You are the RED Heavy, the Bulletproof.

Hey there, big guy. Those Fists of Steel make you good for blocking projectiles, so at night you are immune to death by ranged-sources like bullets and explosions. Additionally, you can offer your protection to someone else by saying Protect: User in your Role PM, allowing you to also protect them from ranged-sources of death. The only catch is that if they would be killed by a melee-weapon that night, you would take the fall instead.

You are on the

Contracts:
Soviet Block - Successfully prevent someone's death.
Rasputin - Get set on fire, hit with a ranged source of death, and hit with a melee weapon before you finally die.

You are the RED Sniper, the Roleblocker.

Sniping is a good job. Just not the job you'll be doing today. No. You've taken some pills and expanded your kidneys to astronomical levels. You got several jars ready. They will know the true meaning of fear! Well... Once your "reload" anyways...

Once a night you can use Jarate to block a person's actions for the night by typing Block: USER. This includes role actions and item uses. Since this action coats them in.... stuff.... They will also be wet for the night.

As a member of the
RED team. You win when BLU is no more.

Contracts:
Take That Ya Spook - Roleblock a spy!
Rain on Their Parade! - Roleblock someone on
BLU and have them die to a Neon Annihilator.

You are Hen Wen, the absolutely awful Fake Claim.

You tried your best, but failed pretty spectacularly. But it's alright, because you're not some ridiculously awful fake claim, you were just TROLLED to the MAX.

You are actually the
RED Engineer, the Griefer.

You don't even care about
RED or BLU, all that matters to you is making everyone have a miserable time by having some fun with them. Every night phase you'll be able to change another player's Night Action target by typing Redirect: [USER] using your teleporters. The person on the receiving end? Completely random, I mean, who cares right? Of course, you'll know who'll be on the receiving end when you put up the action.

Simply put, you win when you've been voted off and kicked from the server.

Contracts

I Built That - Use your Redirecting Abilities to cause another Player to die in some way.
Glutton for Punishment - Find a way to Die, come back, and then get Voted off of the game.

You are the RED Spycrab, the Survivor.

As an endangered species that Mr. Hale is willing to (read: contractually obligated to) not kill, your job is to survive through all of this carnage. Thanks to your Invisibility Watch, you will be able to cloak away from danger and survive any form of death, but only once.

Unlike the other members of the
RED Team, you merely need to survive until the end of the game to win, regardless of which team does. However, if you can manage to Spycrab to the other side of the map (which would take you until the start of Day 10), you might receive something very special.

Contracts
Quiet Crustacean - Go an entire Day in the thread without saying a thing.
Pacifist - Acquire a Butterfly Knife, but never end up using it on anyone.
BLU Team

You are the BLU Soldier, the Vigilante.

As a hardened war-veteran that has never been enlisted into a single branch of the US military, you know one thing and one thing best: Killing! You have one rocket you may fire out of the Direct Hit, which can kill any target of your choosing at Night by saying Gib: User in your Role PM. Better make it count, maggot!

You are on the
BLU Team. You win when all of RED Team has been eliminated.

Contracts
Out, Damned Scot! - Kill the RED Demoman yourself.
Frags of our Fathers - Manage to kill 3 players by the end of the game.

Pyro, the Cop.

Why hello there, fancy Pyro! You probably already know what to do! When you say Check: User in your Role PM, you check their Team color.

You are on the
BLU Team. You win when all of RED Team has been eliminated.

Contracts
Lumberjack - Kill a player with an Axtinguisher.
Got A Light? - Outlive both of the enemy Spies.

You are the BLU Medic, the Doctor.

I mean... Why would you be anything else? You pride yourself at being better at your job than those filthy battle medics. You know that there is a certain pride. A certain kind of special. A certain kind of awesome power that comes from getting others to kill for you! It's so satisfying! You love it!
Once a night, you can type Heal: User to protect one person from all harm that night. It's a simple task, but an important one.

You are on the
BLU Team. You win when of RED Team has been eliminated.

Contracts:
The Healing is Not as Good as the Hurting - Use a random drop to kill two players.
Charge Me Doc! -
Heal a member of BLU who kills a member of RED that same night.

You are the BLU Spy, the Tracker.

You are a master of espionage and reconnaissance. Following someone undetected is nothing. Each Night you can type Track: User to follow them unseen and watch who that person used their role and their item on.

Unfortunately, being a Spy means you're in bad company. Those buffoons in
BLU team seem to think you're an enemy Spy. Thus will will come up as a RED spy if checked. Essentially you're a Miller.

However, you got one last trick up your sleeve. Your Dead Ringer. If you decide to use it, you will be invincible that Night/Day. Even better, you leave behind a fake dead body if attacked. While dead you'll be able to vote from a secret location (this PM), but you'll be unable to post in the thread for one day. However, once that Day and Night are through, you'll show up again revealing your ruse. You can try this multiple times, but if it succeeds you will be unable to use it again.

Under normal conditions, you can only Track or Dead-Ring in a Night. You will have to choose.

As a member of
BLU, you win when RED is no more.
Contracts:

FYI, I Am A Spy - Get a Butterfly Knife and use it to backstab a member of RED.
Who's Your Daddy? - Vote off or kill a Scout.

You are the BLU Demopan, the Backpack Searcher.

In your quest to buy a Stout Shako for 2 Refined, you eventually stumbled into here on word that someone has a Stout Shako. You lost your Refined metal, but you can do the next best thing to trading for it: Stealing it! Each Day, you may search someone's backpack by saying Search: User in your Role PM. You'll end up stealing an item from them, but best of all, if you find the guy with the Stout Shako, you'll
charge at them with your Frying Pan and Chargin' Targe, killing them in the process! At the start of each Night, you'll be automatically notified of which team has the Stout Shako. Better keep track of it. And better not mistake it for a fake, or else...

BLU Team, you merely need to acquire the Stout Shako to win, regardless of which team wins at the end of the game.

Contracts
Megalopania - Steal 5 items from other players.
Parting Gift -
Charge into a RED player on your way out of the game.

You are the BLU Friendly Hoovy, the Reviver.

You don't really understand any of what's going on here. All you know is that you have a delicious looking Sandvich and you just want to share it with everyone,
RED or BLU. Team color shouldn't matter because everyone loves Sandvich! When you say Sandvich: User in your Role PM, you'll revive them from death! Neat!

BLU Team, you merely need to revive 5 players by the end of the game to win, regardless of which team does.

Contracts
Redistribution of Health - Give Sandviches to 3 players who don't currently need them.
Third-Party Loyalty - Give Sandviches to all of the players that win unconventionally like you do.
GRAY Team

You are the GRAY Spy, the Godfather.

You have been dispatched to cripple the enemy
RED and BLU teams by taking out KEY Members of their team that pose as a threat to GRAY. Every night phase you will be able to enter KILL: [USER] to kill a player that night phase.

As a Spy, you are able to Disguise yourself. Once during the game, you will be able to DISGUISE: [TEAM] to trick the Cop into thinking you are in a specific Team. Picking the wrong team can mean defeat if the Cop takes matters into their own hands to end you. Choose this wisely.

Your targets: Scout, Pyro, Heavy, Medic.
See to it that these classes die throughout this game and your Primary Objective will be Fulfilled.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE
I Never Really was on Your Side - Kill the Cop after you've been checked.
Impossible Odds - Outnumber
RED and BLU and win the game as the sole victors.

You are the Sentry Buster, the Bomb.

You've been dispatched to assist the
GRAY Spy by acting as a decoy. If lynched, you will be able to kill a player that has voted you by entering BUSTER: [USER]. This is not the case during night phases, as you are not set to explode. However if you do enter in [SELF-DETONATE] during a Night Phase, all people who visit you, regardless of their action, will die as you self-detonate, killing yourself in the process as well.

Since you are not a complete replication of an existing class, you are unable to use any weapons that drop for you. However, all weapons that you receive will be available for use by the
GRAY Spy. On top of not being a replication of a class, you are going to be seen as an Enemy on Cop-Checks for... obvious reasons.

You win if the
GRAY Spy wins.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVES:
That's What it was Made For - Catch the Engineer in your Explosion.
Talk about a buncha Busters - Fill up more than half of the required Hit List yourself.

FINAL WEAPON LIBRARY

Uber Canteen
+Can also be used in the Day
+Makes user immune to all forms of death and any actions for that phase
-Good actions used on you are denied as well

Butterfly Knife
+Grants a one-shot kill for the user
100% success rate for Spies, 25% success rate for Heavies, and 50% success rate for other classes.

Force-A-Nature
+Blows the target backwards, roleblocking them and 25% chance of killing them

Bonk! Atomic Punch
+Makes user immune to all forms of death that Night
-Cannot perform any Night-actions

Crit-a-Cola
+Allows user to use their Night-action twice instead of once that Night

Disciplinary Action
+Allows the user to select one other player that Night to use their Night-actions twice instead of once
-Only works on members of the same team

Sandman
+Chance of roleblocking someone for that phase
75% success rate for Scouts, 25% success rate for other classes.

Pain Train
+Grants the user an additional vote
-Every vote on them counts as having one more as well
Can only be used in the Day.

Half-Zatoichi
Takes effect the following Day phase:
+Grants the user death-immunity the following Night if they vote for someone who gets lynched
-Cannot use any other action or item until it successfully takes effect

Axtinguisher
+Can kill a player if they have been set on fire that Night

Flare Gun
Sets a player on fire.
Dries up a wet player.

Neon Annihilator
+Can instantly kill a player that is wet

Mad Milk
Makes a player wet.
Extinguishes a player on fire.

Solemn Vow
+One-shot Role Cop check
-You will not get your results until the beginning of the Night

-Your target will be notified as to exactly who knows their role
Can only be used in the Day.

Razorback
+Keeping this in the user's inventory automatically protects them from a kill from a Butterfly Knife

Stout Shako
It's a hat!

Steel Shako
For all intents and purposes, any non-Robot player will mistake this for a Stout Shako.

Rock, Paper, Scissors Taunt
When used on a target, they are prompted as to whether or not they'd like to play Rock-Paper-Scissors with you.
+If you win, they die
-If you lose, you die
If you tie, nothing happens.
Thought I'd post the roles for fun's sake.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To explain the joke.

We had a Disney mafia in the old group.

Smooth made the awful choice of making a Hen Wen fake claim. It was REALLY bad and outed almost instantly.

It then became a running joke in the group, along with God Miller's Cousin and Holder never being mafia.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just realized game could be so easy if everyone on towns side isn't Africa's about roleclaims and says their roles and character.

Then mafia is like WTF. And we know who is likely mafia based on the roles and on whoever didn't say anything or was posting but taking a long time to (come up with a) roleclaim.

I feel like I missed so much never being invited to the social group. I imagine there must have been a lot of stories and injpokes lol (did that arcade mafia really end with mafia giving up or what?)
I just realized game could be so easy if everyone on towns side isn't Africa's about roleclaims and says their roles and character.
towns side isn't what?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To explain the joke.

We had a Disney mafia in the old group.

Smooth made the awful choice of making a Hen Wen fake claim. It was REALLY bad and outed almost instantly.

It then became a running joke in the group, along with God Miller's Cousin and Holder never being mafia.
Don't forget the Gus Clause, which was a thing solely because Gus was voted out on the first day a disproportionate amount of times. :p

Disney Mafia was great though. I had fun hosting it, minus the fool incident.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yh when exactly was this other mafia group? I may have been a smashboards member then. If so then maybe I was playing mafia somewhere else around that time but only 2 games. But damn did they last long cos like 30players. Wasn't really active in them.
I feel like I missed so much never being invited to the social group. I imagine there must have been a lot of stories and injpokes lol (did that arcade mafia really end with mafia giving up or what?)

towns side isn't what?
Lmao afraid. Dammit phone.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

towns side isn't what?
I hosted Arcade Mafia. It wasn't so much that they gave up, but the town played a literal perfect game. Like, it was literally the only time in the 30+ games we played there that the town had everyone alive at the end.

It was just really really bad luck for the Mafia.

I hosted Arcade Mafia. It wasn't so much that they gave up, but the town played a literal perfect game. Like, it was literally the only time in the 30+ games we played there that the town had everyone alive at the end.

It was just really really bad luck for the Mafia.
How? Were the doctor/roleblockers on point? Did mafia only hit bulletproofs? Did the cop get perfect checks?

If I can't see the posts I need to be spoonfed all info like a baby, and im just as curious as one :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember we had a game where literally everyone died.

No one won.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How? Were the doctor/roleblockers on point? Did mafia only hit bulletproofs? Did the cop get perfect checks?

If I can't see the posts I need to be spoonfed all info like a baby, and im just as curious as one :p
Okay so I went and looked back at it.

Eleven players, three mafia, seven townies, and a third party vigilante. Day one had Swamp get lynched, but he was lynchproof because Ryu's power was to Shoryuken the noose. Night one QBert dies. QBert is the Refiller, who can give any player another role usage. My mistake was letting them be able to refill the reviver. Day 2 ends up being a tie between the vigilante (Otto from Elevator Action) and the mafia time stopper. It came down to one person to break the tie. Mafia lost their timestopper, the Space Invaders. Reviver revives QBert because I never specified they couldn't use it during the day. Night two had the Mafia kill DigDug, who was a bomb spy combo but his bomb wouldn't work if he was spying that night. QBert found and refilled the Reviver during night two. Reviver resurrected DigDug. Vigilante used their day kill and hit Centipede, the Mafia silencer. Liberation was the Godfather and looking back on it he kinda gave up once the lynch wagon went for him immediately following the death of Centipede. He was Sinistar.

It was terribly balanced but it was mainly used as a filler game between two larger games so I just threw it together. :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay so I went and looked back at it.

Eleven players, three mafia, seven townies, and a third party vigilante. Day one had Swamp get lynched, but he was lynchproof because Ryu's power was to Shoryuken the noose. Night one QBert dies. QBert is the Refiller, who can give any player another role usage. My mistake was letting them be able to refill the reviver. Day 2 ends up being a tie between the vigilante (Otto from Elevator Action) and the mafia time stopper. It came down to one person to break the tie. Mafia lost their timestopper, the Space Invaders. Reviver revives QBert because I never specified they couldn't use it during the day. Night two had the Mafia kill DigDug, who was a bomb spy combo but his bomb wouldn't work if he was spying that night. QBert found and refilled the Reviver during night two. Reviver resurrected DigDug. Vigilante used their day kill and hit Centipede, the Mafia silencer. Liberation was the Godfather and looking back on it he kinda gave up once the lynch wagon went for him immediately following the death of Centipede. He was Sinistar.

It was terribly balanced but it was mainly used as a filler game between two larger games so I just threw it together. :p
Pixels: The Game.

In all seriousness that sounded amazing.

Top Bottom