• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On Religion

Sane

Smash Cadet
First, I'd like to say that I'm a lover of writing, as well of Smash Bros. So discovering this section of the forum was quite exciting. Expect to see me around. Now...

There is no truth unattainable
Though it may be elusive
Science will emaciate
Church will blind
Knowledge lacking wisdom
Wisdom lacking knowledge
And the marionette’s strings
Pull into the miasma
That is by no means serendipitous
Indolence
or inertia
Must be dissembled
The helix of
The visceral
And of the intellectual
Must be climbed
Without dreams of another world
Or a God that is apart
Simply look about
Simply look within
And you shall see
The beauty of this earth
And a God that makes it real

There should be line indentions, etc, to make this more visually appealing. I'm not gonna bother, though if the forum doesn't want to cooperate. :p

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
That's a pretty bold title. Not that I'm bothered personally, religion is just... an incendiary topic, if you will, and you put a lot on your shoulders with it.
However, I think it does help in making readers pay more attention to the content as I'm sure a good number of people would become immediately interested in interpreting and discussing a subject that's relevant to them. So it is a solid hook that doesn't try to project anything it's not. And I'm sure the CM appreciates when it can tell whatever the hell the OP is trying to talk about...
Sorry, I find titles for poems really important :)

If you believe it helps the flow of your poem, there is an "Increase Indent" button that you can apply to any part or parts of your text you feel is appropriate. When you click Go Advanced, it'll be below the "Colors" button.

Oh and there's also a Poetry Critique thread in this sub-forum for your future works
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=29545

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Is this poem about how we are the real gods, and we are what makes this world what it is?

Is this poem about how the church blinds us from the true God, and how science takes away the fundamental value of our lives?

Is this poem about how we aren't advancing and staying in one place, one reality without anywhere to build up upon?

Is this poem about destroying the dissonance that had covered the purity of our world through cowardice ignorance?

Is this poem about seeing that truth has never been hiding, it was us who was hiding the truth?

If so..

You earn a cookie!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
To be honest, i'm kind of an athiest. I'm not saying that i don't believe in it but, I think of religgion as a big mystery.

:phone:

saigatachi

Smash Cadet
Or a God that is apart
Simply look about
Simply look within
And you shall see
The beauty of this earth

I often wonder if the only actual objective truth in the world is this moment. Nothing but now can be considered reality. History, in its best attempts, is still a subjective perspective as Washington is a hero to most and a villain to others. Even a man's memories as he recalls them are never a perfect picture of yesterday; they are naturally painted by his bias. No measurement is absolute. 12 inch rulers from the assembly line still differ by the infinitely-smallest degree. Witnesses differ as well. Two detectives that show up at a crime scene will put it together in different variations, and though slightly different, never the same. Give any number of people a stop watch, have them stop it at the same time, and no one exact time will be on the stop watches. Because of the infinite denominations of time, can we map even the present moment? What time is it now? 11:27 . . . just passed. 11:28 . . . no, 11:28:47 . . . no, 11:28:47:35:36 . . . and even then . . .

Reality is now, and now is miniscule. Our perspective dominates eternity. Past and future apart from now is shaped by how we see them. Reality is at OUR mercy.

That's what your poem makes me think about.

Sane

Smash Cadet
. . . no one exact time will be on the stop watches. Because of the infinite denominations of time, . . .
Just wanted to point out the infinite denominations of time become finite with the advent of the stopwatch.

P.S. I could care less for the critique thread. One at a time is silly. Besides, I'm more for sharing my work than improving it. (As far as writing in a forum goes.)

P.P.S. Thanks everyone for your feedback, I'll try posting some stories/philosophical ramblings for you soon.

P.P.P.S. I'll take my cookie now.

saigatachi

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to point out the infinite denominations of time become finite with the advent of the stopwatch.
Hmm. . . I don't think the advent of the calculator has made the value of pi finite. The smaller place values simply don't concern us is all.

Welp, guess no cookie for you.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Hmm. . . I don't think the advent of the calculator has made the value of pi finite. The smaller place values simply don't concern us is all.

Welp, guess no cookie for you.
Calculators don't measure Pi as an exact point like a stopwatch can with time.

but anyway

saigatachi

Smash Cadet
I believe we have reached an impasse. My point is that no human device can be built to measure something to infinite accuracy. There is always and will always be something out there that is smaller than the units of measure we create. Gram to centigram to milligram to gram times 10 to the negative 4th and so on and so forth. Our definition of finite isn't objective its perspective.

Here's the cookie back; it tasted ok.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

P.S. I could care less for the critique thread. One at a time is silly. Besides, I'm more for sharing my work than improving it. (As far as writing in a forum goes.)

P.P.S. Thanks everyone for your feedback, I'll try posting some stories/philosophical ramblings for you soon.

While I can respect the obstinance to critique, as I used to be the same way, it would be a good idea to occasionally look over your pieces, if for nothing else, for cohesion. There's not much benefit in manifesting your thoughts into words if the percipient finds the read tedious or can't follow along.

If you don't mind me saying, just as I feel it would truly help, when writing, you should:

1. Try to maintain a steadier rhythm. In this particular piece, the rhythm jumps around frequently, making it a little tedious to read. A poem written without some vestige of structure is better off as prose, as prose allows for more explicitness which makes the content easier to apprehend, instead of being paralyzed by the incongruous mixture of prosy wording (which begs for explication) and poetic terseness (which lends itself to more laconic/brief wording; the opposite of explication).

2. While I admire esoteric styles of writing and ambiguity, I can honestly say I've yet to grasp the meaning of the poem aside from contextual hints. The motifs/ideas of the piece seem to jump around a lot without much connective tissue in between, making any abstruse references difficult to piece together.

Like I said, I know you said you weren't for critique, but those are two things that will, even if not observed in strict adherence, make your writing much more poignant and readable. :colorful:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Verm. Sometimes I think you are a master troll, lol. Always talking in cohesion in actuality, but compared to our ''normal'' nature for articulateness , it's incohesive to the point of being a chore to read.

:c

Also, I pieced together their poem just fine. I think it was a great poem. :D

I personally think it should stay the way it is. It symbolises puzzle pieces, and that's exactly what religion is. A great deal of puzzle pieces.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Verm. Sometimes I think you are a master troll, lol. Always talking in cohesion in actuality, but compared to our ''normal'' nature for articulateness , it's incohesive to the point of being a chore to read.

:c

Also, I pieced together their poem just fine. I think it was a great poem. :D

I personally think it should stay the way it is. It symbolises puzzle pieces, and that's exactly what religion is. A great deal of puzzle pieces.
Never hurts to learn new words. :)

Also, I'm not going to comment on whether I think it's a good or bad poem, or what it symbolizes. All I can say is that it was, for me personally, difficult to read because it leaped around so much both formally and conceptually. It's obviously a poem with thought put into it, it just seems a shame to not translate that thought into something that doesn't seem quite so without direction.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Of course not. Speaking with big, or complex words that already have simpler siblings makes reading your posts a chore. Lol. I already talked to you about that. :(

That is the art of puzzle pieces bro. It doesn't need to be conclusive in a comprehensive way. It is perfect the way it is.

It's the empty parts of life that makes this world whole.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Of course not. Speaking with big, or complex words that already have simpler siblings makes reading your posts a chore. Lol. I already talked to you about that. :(

That is the art of puzzle pieces bro. It doens't need to be conclusive in any comprehensive way. It is perfect the way it is.

It's the empty parts of life that makes this world whole.
That kind of reasoning is treading water, but I will say that it simplifies to intention behind the piece, which is made evident by hints throughout a piece. Minimalism and abstruseness are wonderful if the artist can impart a sense/feel of intention behind it. However, I didn't sense that in this poem. I sensed a thought whose format didn't live up to its illocutionary potential.

Semiotics (the study of signs/meaning) is a vast field, and the appeal of art is that it appeals to all facets of our mind through subtleties and the marriage of various media/signs/meanings. Poetry/prose is meant to be extralinguistic, in which they achieve full poignancy when things outside of the actual spoken word (assonance, rhythm, reference, allegory, etc.) are introduced to create a "semiotic synergy." Puzzles are meant to be put together, and you can't piece a puzzle together if several of the pieces are malformed or missing. Good ambiguity has many but finite interpretations. Bad ambiguity has infinite.

Note to OP: This post isn't meant to directly connect with your poem--it's just a generalized response to AV. I'm done for now though--don't wanna clog up your thread. :colorful: Though, I will say I see potential in your work. I don't see it fully realized in this particular poem for reasons aforementioned, but you had some solid metaphors, such as the helix of the visceral/intellectual.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
What you think of the poem is your opinion. I read it just fine, which means it is not what you say it is. :c

Why don't you just start putting a list of every ventripotent word you decide to use in your posts so people can figure out what the hell you are saying without reading it over a few times. Lol.

I don't mind if you use big words in your personal writing that is mainly a piece of your mind/thoughts/expression. When you communicate with big words, that is when you are being just as bad as people who use foreign languages. XD

Also, not all puzzle pieces can be solved. That's why they are called ''puzzle {pieces}''. Just because there are pieces to something, doesn't mean all of the pieces are there.

This poem was made for religion. Religion hasn't been fully put together, thus it is everything that religion is, thus it shalt remain inert for it's perfection it has reached.

IMO

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
What you think of the poem is your opinion. I read it just fine, which means it is not what you say it is. :c

Why don't you just start putting a list of every ventripotent word you decide to use in your posts so people can figure out what the hell you are saying without reading it over a few times. Lol.

I don't mind if you use big words in your personal writing that is mainly a piece of your mind/thoughts/expression. When you communicate with big words, that is when you are being just as bad as people who use foreign languages. XD

Also, not all puzzle pieces can be solved. That's why they are called ''puzzle {pieces}''. Just because there are pieces to something, doesn't mean all of the pieces are there.

This poem was made for religion. Religion hasn't been fully put together, thus it is everything that religion is, thus it shalt remain inert for it's perfection it has reached.

IMO
I feel as though you're extrapolating analogies (making more out of something than is given) by taking an intuitive property of one thing (ambiguity) and applying it to another to which it isn't applicable. For example, if someone took a brick and wrote the word "God" on it, one could extrapolate all day about how the brick shares all of these whimsical properties with religion, such as "it's heavy, just like religion" or "it's square and rough, just like religion." When in reality, the person could've, in all actuality and likelihood, just have randomly written "God" on a brick because he felt like it. Not saying this is what the OP did, but it's the mode of thought you've got yourself caught in.

saigatachi

Smash Cadet
*sigh* To be honest the poem was rough. It doesn't flow very smoothly. At first I attributed that to the possible intention implied by the first three lines of Sane's poem: There is no truth unattainable/Though it may be elusive/Science will emaciate. I figured Sane was purposely distorting the rhythm of his poem in order to mirror the difficulty that comes with searching for truth. I'm not a poetry expert--barely a novice really--so I wasn't absolutely sure, but if I had been right I suppose he would have worked to restore his rhythm at the end of his poem and given some sense of catharsis to it. Then it would have been great, I think. In fact it may have even worked well if he structured it like the helix he mentions so well--a great metaphor Verm, I agree; it caught my eye as well.

Nevertheless Sane's already mentioned that his writing doesn't merit improvement, so I feel it to be a waste of time to critique it. Having chosen this as a topic, I'm sure his aim was only to voice an opinion and spark a debate, which is fun, but ultimately it makes me think this OP needs to be in the blog forum.

Then again, its good to know the Creative Minds forum isn't totally dead, and for that I commend you Sane.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I feel as though you're extrapolating analogies (making more out of something than is given) by taking an intuitive property of one thing (ambiguity) and applying it to another to which it isn't applicable. For example, if someone took a brick and wrote the word "God" on it, one could extrapolate all day about how the brick shares all of these whimsical properties with religion, such as "it's heavy, just like religion" or "it's square and rough, just like religion." When in reality, the person could've, in all actuality and likelihood, just have randomly written "God" on a brick because he felt like it. Not saying this is what the OP did, but it's the mode of thought you've got yourself caught in.
There is no ambiguity. I interpreted the poem to a ****ing T. If you can do something to a T, it doesn't need any ****ing renovation. You guys are doing exactly what you accused me of doing backwards. You are making nothing out of something. When the OP is perfect the way it is.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sane said ''I'll take that cookie''.

That means I got it right. XD

Is this poem about how we are the real gods, and we are what makes this world what it is?

Is this poem about how the church blinds us from the true God, and how science takes away the fundamental value of our lives?

Is this poem about how we aren't advancing and staying in one place; one reality without anywhere to build up upon?

Is this poem about destroying the dissonance that had covered the purity of our world through cowardice ignorance?

Is this poem about seeing that truth has never been hiding, that it was us who was hiding the truth?

If so..

You earn a cookie!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
There is no ambiguity. I interpreted the poem to a ****ing T. If you can do something to a T, it doesn't need any ****ing renovation. You guys are doing exactly what you accused me of doing backwards. You are making nothing out of something. When the OP is perfect the way it is.
I wouldn't say that. You cornered just about every reasonable interpretation in the given context of the more straightforward stanzas, such as "church will blind" and "Look within and you'll find a God that makes it real."

Out of curiosity, AV, would you mind writing up your interpretation of each stanza? I feel like the debate won't go anywhere from here unless I can see where you interpreted what you did.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Knock it off, AV. Stop talking about how much you understood the poem and TALK ABOUT THE POEM. You are getting in the way of people who are actually giving out constructive advice and criticism and generating discussion.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
There is no truth unattainable
Though it may be elusive
Science will emaciate
Church will blind
Knowledge lacking wisdom
Wisdom lacking knowledge
And the marionette’s strings
Pull into the miasma
That is by no means serendipitous
Indolence
or inertia
Must be dissembled
The helix of
The visceral
And of the intellectual
Must be climbed
Without dreams of another world
Or a God that is apart
Simply look about
Simply look within
And you shall see
The beauty of this earth
- There is no truth unattainable -

All truth can be revealed.

- Though it may be elusive -

Although it is difficult to descry.

- Science will emaciate -

Science had narrowed the window to this truth.

- Church will blind -

Their belief is the ultimatum for deception.

- Knowledge lacking wisdom -

Knowledge that is lacking understanding.

- Wisdom lacking knowledge -

Understanding that is lacking control.

- And the marionette’s strings -

A beautiful harmony.

- Pull into the miasma -

Is brought into corruption.

- That is by no means serendipitous -

That will never reward you.

- Indolence or inertia must be dissembled -

Slow mending of this damage; not moving without an outside force is infelicitous-- a practice that needs to never be used again.

- The helix of the visceral and of the intellectual -

The spiraling properties of our intelligence; unintelligence.

- Must be climbed without dreams of another world -

We must hone our abilities--greater and lesser--without wanting to change the world for more than it already is.

- Or a God that is apart -

To have a god that isn't seperated from this world.

- Simply look about -

Pay attention to the outside.

- Simply look within -

Aswell as within.

- And you shall see the beauty of this earth and a God that makes it real -

We will come to a full circle with the world we are in aswell as the world within us.

<|> - We are our own Gods - <|>

. .​

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
- There is no truth unattainable -

All truth can be revealed. Agreed

- Though it may be elusive -

Although it is difficult to descry. Agreed

- Science will emaciate -

Science had narrowed the window to this truth. This exemplifies odd word choice. I can kind of see what the OP was going for though.

- Church will blind -

Their belief is the ultimatum for deception. Ultimatum's not the word I'd personally use, but I get what you mean

- Knowledge lacking wisdom -

Knowledge that is lacking understanding. Agreed

- Wisdom lacking knowledge -

Understanding that is lacking control. This doesn't quite make sense. Wisdom lacking knowledge. In what way does understanding lack control, and how does it integrate into the poem? My issue is that this stanza seems very unnatural

- And the marionette’s strings -

A beautiful harmony. Marionettes are puppets, and they're typically analogized as one who's being manipulated. It's thematically consistent, kind of, but the next stanza is where it begins to bounce again

- Pull into the miasma -

Is brought into corruption. I don't understand how this stanza relates to what, by all good reason, appears to be an aphorism for manipulation. This is a prime example of where I said that there were "malformed" puzzle pieces caused by using prosy syntax in a poetic format. A pronoun such as "us" in "pull us" would make this make far more sense.

- That is by no means serendipitous -

That will never reward you. Serendipity means favorable coincidence. In both your interpretation and the context of the poem, it doesn't seem to make sense.

- Indolence or inertia must be dissembled -

Slow mending of this damage; not moving without an outside force is infelicitous-- a practice that needs to never be used again. To dissemble means to disguise. Not to mention the use of the copula "or" instead of "and" makes it even more confusing. They're virtually synonymous, so it's like saying "apples or apples". Notice the habit I'm pointing out of there consistently being either too many unnecessary words, or missing vital words that're required for the stanza to make literal sense

- The helix of the visceral and of the intellectual -

The spiraling properties of our intelligence; unintelligence. Agreed

- Must be climbed without dreams of another world -

We must hone our abilities--greater and lesser--without wanting to change the world for more than it already is. Agreed, though the context shift makes this hard to interpret

- Or a God that is apart -

To have a god that isn't seperated from this world. Agreed

- Simply look about -

Pay attention to the outside. Agreed

- Simply look within -

Aswell as within. Agreed[i/]

- And you shall see the beauty of this earth and a God that makes it real -

We will come to a full circle with the world we are in aswell as the world within us. Looking outside and looking inside denotes two distinctly different possibilities. It makes the poem trip on itself. It's clear the OP is trying to impart a conclusion, but odd word choice, unusual syntax and impulsive topic change obfuscate that conclusion

:ganondorf:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
This exemplifies odd word choice. I can kind of see what the OP was going for though.
:facepalm:

Ultimatum's not the word I'd personally use, but I get what you mean
The reason why I chose an absolute is due to the fact that Sane used ''church'' which unequivocally regards a specific religion that happens to be one of the biggest.

This doesn't quite make sense. Wisdom lacking knowledge. In what way does understanding lack control, and how does it integrate into the poem? My issue is that this stanza seems very unnatural
You may be able to understand something, but it doesn't mean you ''fully'' understand it nor have the ability to hone that understanding. **** :facepalm:

Marionettes are puppets, and they're typically analogized as one who's being manipulated. It's thematically consistent, kind of, but the next stanza is where it begins to bounce again
This is the only thing out of all of your oppositions that I agreed with to an extent. I was wrong when I said ''A beautiful harmony''. I should've said ''The manipulative''. Then changed what I had said about miasma into ''Pulls into corruption''. :beezbo:

don't understand how this stanza relates to what, by all good reason, appears to be an aphorism for manipulation. This is a prime example of where I said that there were "malformed" puzzle pieces caused by using prosy syntax in a poetic format. A pronoun such as "us" in "pull us" would make this make far more sense.
Do you even know what miasma means? This makes completely perfect sense. What the **** are you on about? What Sane said was pretty much like saying,''Gravitates toward the miasma''. As in, the manipulation is brought into corruption. There doesn't have to be ''Us'', you just aren't reading it right. That is what I was talking about. You don't know how to manifest your understanding. You may have an idea what the OP is going for, but it is how you manifest what you've collected that makes the biggest impact on how you choose to see things.

To dissemble means to disguise. Not to mention the use of the copula "or" instead of "and" makes it even more confusing. They're virtually synonymous, so it's like saying "apples or apples". Notice the habit I'm pointing out of there consistently being either too many unnecessary words, or missing vital words that're required for the stanza to make literal sense
****ing :facepalm: Verm, Sane used ''or'' in that sense to generalise how people can have either or of that specific ****ing trait. I know what dissemble means. When I said ''never to be used again'' basically means to hide those lackadaisical traits of ours that makes nothing advance. Hide it ''forever''. Because, you know.. Being lazy is actually a big part of us. So it makes perfect ****ing sense.

Agreed, though the context shift makes this hard to interpret
I read it just fine, Verm. :facepalm:

Looking outside and looking inside denotes two distinctly different possibilities. It makes the poem trip on itself. It's clear the OP is trying to impart a conclusion, but odd word choice, unusual syntax and impulsive topic change obfuscate that conclusion
No. That is just your technical BS talking. If we were to understand this world, and ourselves aswell.. There wouldn't be so much bull****. This place would be alot more of a better place. We would have logical peace. You do know.. I killed my ****ing cat because I didn't know how to control my anger when I was younger. Ignorance is alot more ****ing deadlier than you may think it is. -.-

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
:facepalm:

You may be able to understand something, but it doesn't mean you ''fully'' understand it nor have the ability to hone that understanding. **** :facepalm:

That seems a bit like straw-grasping. If you understand something, "lacking knowledge" doesn't qualify as understanding, yet not understanding. Understanding typically doesn't have a modal aspect to it.

This is the only thing out of all of your oppositions that I agreed with to an extent. I was wrong when I said ''A beautiful harmony''. I should've said ''The manipulative''. Then changed what I had said about miasma into ''Pulls into corruption''. :beezbo:

Mistaking harmony for manipulation is pretty hard to do, AV.

Do you even know what miasma means? This makes completely perfect sense. What the **** are you on about? What Sane said was pretty much like saying,''Gravitates toward the miasma''. As in, the manipulation is brought into corruption. There doesn't have to be ''Us'', you just aren't reading it right. That is what I was talking about. You don't know how to manifest your understanding. You may have an idea what the OP is going for, but it is how you manifest what you've collected that makes the biggest impact on how you choose to see things.

Miasma is a poisonous effluvium. I'm aware of what it is, but the syntax of "pull into miasma" directly preceded by "the marionette's strings" forms an antecedent implication which means "pull the marionette strings into miasma" which, I'm sorry, doesn't make sense unless you extrapolate beyond the malformed structure. I think it's you who has preconceived notions of the poem, 'cause I'm just pointing out grammatical flaws that relegate the poem to silliness at some points.

****ing :facepalm: Verm, Sane used ''or'' in that sense to generalise how people can have either or of that specific ****ing trait. I know what dissemble means. When I said ''never to be used again'' basically means to hide those lackadaisical traits of ours that makes nothing advance. Hide it ''forever''. Because, you know.. Being lazy is actually a big part of us. So it makes perfect ****ing sense.

That's called amphiboly. In the context, "or" implies a contrasting choice, which doesn't make sense given that indolence and inertia are synonymous. "And" would've been a much more sensible choice. Copula like "and," "or," and "if" hold almost as much, if not more sway in the way a sentence is perceived than the words themselves. Next would be why the OP chose the word "dissembled" rather than "abolished" or "purged." Technically, he could've said "Indolence or inertia must be beaten with a shovel" and it would've achieved the same idea, but the implications of it are so strange that it makes the reader go "...what?"

I read it just fine, Verm. :facepalm:

Then have knack and reading things fabricate sense not

No. That is just your technical BS talking. If we were to understand this world, and ourselves aswell.. There wouldn't be so much bull****. This place would be alot more of a better place. We would have logical peace. You do know.. I killed my ****ing cat because I didn't know how to control my anger when I was younger. Ignorance is alot more ****ing deadlier than you may think it is. -.-
Not a particularly classy choice of words, dude. >_>

I stand by my primary critique. The OP sacrificed vital grammatical determiners and used words with very peculiar implications which made the poem very disjoint. It was easier to interpret it stanza by stanza, but when read as a whole, it's very spasmodic and difficult to follow.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Ok. Verm. Then how was I able to figure out the entire poem in a short amount of time? I mean it was incredibly easy to interpret. You are just pointing out errors that you personally have trouble understanding because you over-****ing complicate everything. :c

I know you over complicate things when you act like you know what is simple, and what is complex with:
Mistaking harmony for manipulation is pretty hard to do, AV.
That is YOUR opinion. I am the one who interpreted this poem while everyone else complained about it, and nothing is even wrong with it. It's a beautiful poem that is mixed with a foiter-esque, very mysterious atmosphere, and an inconspicuous strength accompanied by ambition to shed light on the main part of this poem. (Us)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Ok. Verm. Then how was I able to figure out the entire poem in a short amount of time? I mean it was incredibly easy to interpret. You are just pointing out errors that you personally have trouble understanding because you over-****ing complicate everything.
wow

this thread is going in a bad direction

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Because you are making it about Verm and you, that's why.

That Verm supposedly "over-****ing complicates everything" is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IRRELEVANT.

NO RELEVANCE TO THE TOPIC AT HAND. NEEDLESSLY INSULTING. THAT IS WHY YOU ARE RUINING THIS TOPIC, ALIEN VISION.

That is par for the course though, isn't it?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Some of the poem seemed like insubstantial formality. Wisdom/knowledge soliloquies and whathaveyou. Aside from that, a little verbose-y, but good. Not that I know much about poetry, but like, still.

Also, Alien Vision, lol, P.S., I don't think there's really any huge message to the poem. Or like, something to figure out. Not a puzzle, or whatever.

Top Bottom