• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On/After Ultimate releases, do you want to see an Smash anime?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Like, serious, the title says it all. Do you want to see an anime related to Smash?
I mean, Nintendo has a lot of games like Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc. I know several of them has anime, or cartoon.

I do not think Zelda or Mario has got an anime. There's still the cartoons, but it's so awful. Is Nintendo not going to get us an Smash anime? I think the company would make alot of money on it. But, I also know why Nintendo wouldn't probably give us one.

side question: do you wanna see original plot/characters in the anime version?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
No, honestly I can't get into Japanese shows nowadays. I tried too many times to get into some and I either didn't care for it or didn't like it and I don't see Smash doing any better in that format.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
No, honestly I can't get into Japanese shows nowadays. I tried too many times to get into some and I either didn't care for it or didn't like it and I don't see Smash doing any better in that format.
It is fine if you don't or can't get into Japanese shows.

I just want to say that even if you don't like animes, I know that deep down you want a anime of that sort, even if you won't watch it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Sure would. Anything to see my main man :ultrobin on the big screen. But what would it be about?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
It is fine if you don't or can't get into Japanese shows.

I just want to say that even if you don't like animes, I know that deep down you want a anime of that sort, even if you won't watch it.
I'm not against the idea or Japanese anime in general but I wouldn't see myself being interested though I probably wouldn't mind seeing an episode with one of my favorites. I'll admit that I'm a big fan of Dr Slump and Sailor Moon but the the amount of animated series from Japan I'm cool with are few in far between.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I am bumping this, so peoples can see this.

But I'd like to add...I'd also like to know why, if you replied no or if you want a movie than a show.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see one in the same style that we saw in Palutena's reveal trailer for Smash 4. The possibilities are pretty much endless!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think it'd be awfully difficult to give 70+ characters decent screen time. Whoever gets left out the fans are going to feel screwed.

Look at the SSE: If you were an Ice Climbers fan, you can just about get stuffed if you were hoping they'd have more than one level and zero importance to the plot.
My main man Yoshi did next to nothing in that story too despite being part of the exclusive main hero team club... he didn't actually do a single thing in the cutscenes apart from lazily wake up from a nap and then run in the general direction Mario, Pit, Kirby and Link were heading.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I would love to see a Smash bros anime similar in style to that Star Fox Zero anime but wouldn't it be hard for every character to get screen time and what would the story be about?
Also aren't Nintendo already working on some kind of anime or shows for Pikmin, Yoshi, Animal Crossing and Star Fox?

Khao

Smash Lord
I'd rather see shows of individual series to be honest. Making a good overarching story that actually decently incorporates this many different universes (half of which are not even designed to tell stories in the first place) is just not gonna work.

But if they wanna do a Fire Emblem anime, or a Star Fox anime, or a Kid Icarus anime or whatever? I'd watch that. As long as it's actually decent.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I think it'd be awfully difficult to give 70+ characters decent screen time. Whoever gets left out the fans are going to feel screwed.

Look at the SSE: If you were an Ice Climbers fan, you can just about get stuffed if you were hoping they'd have more than one level and zero importance to the plot.
My main man Yoshi did next to nothing in that story too despite being part of the exclusive main hero team club... he didn't actually do a single thing in the cutscenes apart from lazily wake up from a nap and then run in the general direction Mario, Pit, Kirby and Link were heading.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure SSE basically screwed almost everyone that wasn't the Kirby characters if that entry under "Spotlight Stealing Squad" on TvTropes is anything to go by

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Maybe a sports anime with competitive Smash where the characters connect and communicate with their mains?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

They could always just make it an anime series rather then a full-fledged movie.

D

Deleted member

It could be focused around the original 12, plus like maybe 7 more characters. If by some miracle this becomes a thing, I hope it's being made by the people that made the Castlevania Netflix series.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Nintendo make TV shows of each individual franchise first ( besides Pokemon ) and then we can talk about a Smash bros. anime... If I'm being honest though I'd much rather have comic books written in the west instead of anime. Anime tends to have a lot of humor and ideals that don't translate overseas very well.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nintendo make TV shows of each individual franchise first ( besides Pokemon ) and then we can talk about a Smash bros. anime... If I'm being honest though I'd much rather have comic books written in the west instead of anime. Anime tends to have a lot of humor and ideals that don't translate overseas very well.
I'd definitely like a comic book of Super Smash Bros. I just like comic book style more than manga style. It wouldn't really make sense for it not to be a manga, though, since this stuff comes from Japan. Of course that doesn't mean someone from the US can't create this.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Now that you mention it, ARMS is getting a graphic novel series written by Ian Flynn of Sonic the Hedgehog comic fame.

Top Bottom