• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMGiggles2 another MN smash tourney.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
thats right OMGiggles is back. I talked to gamecrazy's manager and he said it would be perfectly fine to host another one and so I shall since the last one was incredible.

ADDRESS: 2057 Snelling Ave. North

DATE/TIME: April 7, and its on a saturday. I would like people to be there by 3 so we can start right away. Try to arrive by 2:30ish. If alot of people are having issues with this date theres a good chance that I will be able to change it.

Last time was a very good turn out so I hope we can make this one just as big. I would also like to do a cheap $1 low tier tourney so its important that we start by 3 in order to finish everything.

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both players may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams,
and Yoshi's Story.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom,Venom, icicle mountain, onett, and flat zone.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each player may knockout one stage from selection.

winnings will be store credit.....only given to top 3 people. Manager.....

PRICE: $10 singles $5 per person teams $1 low tier

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Nobody can see this, so I'm going to post in it kthx.

My Goal is to get top 3 in Low Tier and top 10 in singles. :)

Pwn some nubs. And stuff right.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
eci4- the people that are going most likely already know that since they can just check the MN boards. This topic was on the 2nd page for a while and it didnt seem like there was much interest in it outside MN so I felt no need to do so.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I understand that, but I figured, assuming Mr.Ray didn't go to the boards he may want to know... thats why I didn't bring it up until this thread came back to life by some smashers that didn't go to the MN boards....

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
lol yeah store credit is lame....on the other hand I can still buy stuff for when I get a wii. Its up to you kssb but I hope you can make it =)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It really doesn't matter if it's money or store credit to me...I still lose $15 either way I just love tourneys and Smashing with everyone to see mow much I've improved since the previous one. :)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
actually me too, even though sometimes i'm lucky enough to win money at tourneys, it's really just a fun thing to do. winning money is just a bonus.

Seanson

Smash Ace
payout to the lowest place (3rd, or 4th...?) will be something near 10$ or a bit more. is there anything you can get for that much store credit?

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
there will be way more then 10$ for store credit.....it will probably be like whatever we give them in cash will be store credit. So like 100$ would be worth 100$ store credit. Payouts will be to top 3-4 I still need to talk to the manager about that.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
store credit that sucks, last time it wasn't
I need a teammate Bluewolf has to work whos up for it

Seanson

Smash Ace
i was just saying... usually the last payout place gets entry fee + a few bucks, which even in store credit might not amount to more than 15$.

im not against store credit, i'd be amazed enough if I won anything :laugh:

mrray55430

Smash Apprentice
Lol, yeah yeah i should become more active but i am a public speaker and i trying to build my status. Other than that i am in school to. But yeah imma try to brush up my skills a little so i can atleast beat somebody cause i havent played in awhile. LOL

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
UPDATES- It starts at 3pm so they have more staff there. Can arrive around 2:30ish.

Prizes are only being given out to top 3 places. Manager said that. Everything else is still good.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
ok well I guess I understand now...
April 7th, Saturday at Snelling ave.
3:00 to whenever
Alrite I'll be there (I hope)
This will be my first tournament meet. Hopefully I can get far.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Aww, that's three less hours of Smash pwnage! :dizzy:

But I guess that more people should be able to come to this then.

EDIT: *points down at Sparrow's post* Yeah I'm also wondering how late we can stay. I want to play as much as possible.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Hmmm....
Is Aaron that good? I saw all his videos and yet I feel as if he didn't do all that I planned to know about him. It's amazing though that he won so many. Now I feel as if I want to play him. I hope I can beat him.

This should be good and fun. I want to get owned!!!

Top Bottom