• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

omggg PIT IS BROKEN AND CHEAP

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Just note that Pit's killing pwoer is one of the worst in the game. Peopel wre saying MK can't kill, but try playing Pit and then let me know.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
Just note that Pit's killing pwoer is one of the worst in the game. Peopel wre saying MK can't kill, but try playing Pit and then let me know.
amen to that....DDD is just the most annoying thing to me. Not cuz I can't rack up damage on him, but because it usually takes me almost into the 200's for percent just to get a KO...which is ridiculous.

kown

Smash Lord
huh? are u talking about killing power or being able to kill?
pit has a really powerful bair and one of the fastest f smashes and a good dsmash that can kill and on top of that hes given a mirror shield to gimp an ike, meta, kirby, didy, falco, fox, wolf, and other chars that im forgetting.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
huh? are u talking about killing power or being able to kill?
pit has a really powerful bair and one of the fastest f smashes and a good dsmash that can kill and on top of that hes given a mirror shield to gimp an ike, meta, kirby, didy, falco, fox, wolf, and other chars that im forgetting.
the back air has to be sweet spotted and against a really good player, thats pretty difficult to do. and the fair is something that you have to constantly make sure your not abusing. and evne then it barely kills at like 130%+ from the middle of the stage. forget it if your farther away. and if your opponents smart they are avoiding the edges or are making sure they are on inside of the edge so you hit them the direction farthest from the edges of the screen. its not as easy as you think it is. while pit CAN kill, its really hard. Meta Knight keeps you extremely busy with all the cheap crap that guy has. and when your busy just trying to get any hits you can it seems hes playing mind games and setting you up for what little KO moves he does have.

tachyon34

Smash Rookie
pit isnt broken, but he is cheap.

The difference between metaknight/snake and Pit is that given you have two players who just picked up the game, and one chose metaknight and one chose pit, then the pit will win about 75% of the time due to his inherently easier playing method (aka spam arrow/side B/F-smash) as opposed to actually have to learn how to cook grenades, not die from cipher edge death on FD, time F-smashes etc or finding out how metaknight is fast and racks up dmg but can't kill or how he dies at 40% from charged smashes.

he is just a lot easier for a noob to pick up and be decent at, like sheik was in melee, even beating people that have played brawl for a bit longer than they have. Sure at the upper level he is not broken as can be seen by the tier list (snake's ftilt is pretty broken though), but cheap he is indeed (and any other char that is easy to play as a noob aka olimar).

(also his WOI is not a poor recovery by any means. sure if u hit him out of it off the ledge then he will probably die, but the same is true for most all other characters. PLUS he has multiple jumps PLUS he has glide meaning out of the entire cast he needs to use his up B the least often to recover. PLUS on half of the tourney-legal maps you can fly around the bottom of the stage and grab the other ledge before the other char can (unless they are cpt falcton or sonic) If you want to complain about Weaknesses i suggest you try recovering with olimar or ivysaur's Up B.

granted there are two types of pit.

1. arrowspammer only

2. someone who knows how to play him

while #1 isnt necessarily hard to beat with good shielding/dodging skills, you can sure bet that in a ffa everyone will become Best friends forever and kill you down to 0 stock.

#2 If you play him with skill then people will probably not gang **** you first

Top Bottom