• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMG pT is annoying mainly ivsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
plz discuss this cuz im getting ***** by PT i don't know what to do. he ***** my nades with spamming razor left and stupid bullet seed HELP :(

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

frayike

Smash Cadet
Hmm at first I wanted to laugh at this but really I had problems with a lower character as well. The only advice I could give is to play snake the way he should be played. Tilts, d-throw tech chase and GRENADES. A while back I was playing a fox that was just murdering me. I was so frustrated because it seemed like I could do nothing against him. After a couple of losses I realized if I started to spam the grenades and approach with them in hand I could make it almost impossible for him to approach me without getting some damage on him. then i realized I was snake so i could just win without much effort. :) idk what exactly your nade problems are. Like Today said, which pokemon? and when? could you spotdodge with a nade to have him get punished? All I can say is don't lose hope and try to solve the problem yourself if you can't find any other useful info. Good luck with that problem

gallax

Smash Hero
lemme help u with PT . camp him hard with grenades if u dont feel like approaching. the worst he can do is use bullet seed. so learn to hop with nades and throw them and try to cook them every now and then. also, when he is on the ledge turn around and shield drop a nade. sometimes they will razer leaf the nade and blow up.

as for bullet seed, u should be able to predict it. basically its a habit to use bullet seed after they spotdodge or u are chasing after them in the air. EITHER WAY just keep ur shield up and bait the bullet seed. when they use BS it pushes you away and u have a free attack. i recommend fsmash. always bait it and dont try to beat it. the only thing is to wait for the spotdodge and try to grab them after they spotdodge. that or just dair them to to beat the spotdodge.

a thing that ivysaur can do that is annoying is rleaf then wait for u to shield then run in and grab you and throw u away. really easy to see coming and it should NEVER get u if you are paying attention. shield then spotdodge the grab. from there u can dash attack or grab them or ftilt them. i recommend grabbing them and tech chasing. id say quite often they stand up and bullet seed cuz it happens to me a lot. i usually just hold my shield button and wait for them to stand up/get up attack/roll behind. if u think they are rolling away then go for it.

btw i play the best/second best(to be decided) PT in florida as well as a few others so i do know what im talking about. ive played against some BA squirtles and the best charizard there is so i really know this matchup. so if u need help with charizard/squirtle i can help too.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
lemme help u with PT . camp him hard with grenades if u dont feel like approaching. the worst he can do is use bullet seed. so learn to hop with nades and throw them and try to cook them every now and then. also, when he is on the ledge turn around and shield drop a nade. sometimes they will razer leaf the nade and blow up.

as for bullet seed, u should be able to predict it. basically its a habit to use bullet seed after they spotdodge or u are chasing after them in the air. EITHER WAY just keep ur shield up and bait the bullet seed. when they use BS it pushes you away and u have a free attack. i recommend fsmash. always bait it and dont try to beat it. the only thing is to wait for the spotdodge and try to grab them after they spotdodge. that or just dair them to to beat the spotdodge.

a thing that ivysaur can do that is annoying is rleaf then wait for u to shield then run in and grab you and throw u away. really easy to see coming and it should NEVER get u if you are paying attention. shield then spotdodge the grab. from there u can dash attack or grab them or ftilt them. i recommend grabbing them and tech chasing. id say quite often they stand up and bullet seed cuz it happens to me a lot. i usually just hold my shield button and wait for them to stand up/get up attack/roll behind. if u think they are rolling away then go for it.

btw i play the best/second best(to be decided) PT in florida as well as a few others so i do know what im talking about. ive played against some BA squirtles and the best charizard there is so i really know this matchup. so if u need help with charizard/squirtle i can help too.
APPRECIATE THIS ALOT NOW IM NOT CONFUSED :):):) ik the squirtle alittle big so do u mind explaning that and charziard i need to spam a lot of nades and **** thx for the info

gallax

Smash Hero
the most important thing u need to know about squirtle is that u cant stay still. if you do squirtle can **** u. his fair can hit and his horizontal momentum can carry him behind you or even away and keep him safe from getting hit. squirtle also has a decent roll so whenever u r fighting him and he lands in front of u, wait for the roll behind and grab him/ftilt him. squirtles LOVE to roll behind. kinda like lucario.

if u want to space yourself and are trying to get squirtle to attack u when u want simply pop up a mortar. sounds easy and dumb, but it works lol. squirtles wont try to approach if u have a mortar over your head. plus its also good if they are in the air around u and u have no idea where they are going to land you simply pop a mortar and wait for them to shield if they land near you = free grab everytime. also, use grenades to stop getting juggled. if they space wrong u both will blow up and its better for snake since squirtle is so light. also, dont feel bad using utilt against squirtle if he is in the air trying to bait u.

ill write more later. but for now, work on making squirtle chase you and get around your nades. its SUPER tough for squirtle if u can accomplish this.

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol i beat chuck nasty and steeler who are supposed to be some o the top pt's iirc awhile back at a tourney coming into it with no experience vs. any pt's....not online or offline. I dont see how you can have a problem with a character based on gimmicks aside from squirtle who's not even all that bad, just treat him as a bad wario...I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom