• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg, How Clumsy Of Me?!?! Forgot The Link, But I Have It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonzz

Smash Cadet
First off, that wasn't a very good Falco whatsoever. Second, it was wi-fi (which I guess explains why falco is doing badly). Third, a good Falco would watch out for the cape and recover wisely. Lastly, I don't really see how Mario ***** falco with this video.

NNID
LilG912
First off, that wasn't a very good Falco whatsoever. Second, it was wi-fi (which I guess explains why falco is doing badly). Third, a good Falco would watch out for the cape and recover wisely. Lastly, I don't really see how Mario ***** falco with this video.
What does Wi-Fi have to do w/ my video, it wasn't lagging while I was playing him.

Matt07

Smash Master
Falco is more better then Mario on WiFi. A lot better.

Anyways, it won't 'explain' the match-up because WiFi is not a way of using match-up's, and if you had both a high level players playing offline, then maybe it'd count for more. It doesn't work when you have a Mario vs a Falco who doesn't know the match-up.

UberMario

Smash Master
FLUDD is more effective against Falco than cape.

(FLUDD stops both Falco's SideB AND UpB in their tracks)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Don't Falco players usually go to the edge, or is it just wifi Falcos that recover on stage?
Not necessarily.

• Falco's Forward B has good priority and a trailing hurtbox, which means they should usually hit you before you can hit them.
  • If used at the correct height, Falco has very little RCO lag (similar to DK using UpB off the edge and landing directly on the stage).
  • If cancelled well (and at the right height), Falco gains more distance than a regular phantasm. This makes his eventual landing much safer and also grants him positional advantage onstage.
  • There is no chance of smacking your enemy if you Forward B for the edge, whereas they have a shot at smacking you, or even edgehogging you (which is not very tough if predicted).
  • Cape should not work unless you're **** lucky or you cape the body upon startup (done 3 times in Lil G's video).

...And yes, wifi lag makes things more dangerous than they need to be. You could also through in the fact that Falco sometimes randomly misses the edge on FD and gets caught underneath the edge/through the stage/goes completely under the stage, and you can see the reasoning.

The best advantage for aiming for the edge is avoiding the FLUDD. Being able to force a Falco to have to think where he has to recover just because of that tool is so useful.

The reason Lil G was able to pull off 3 capes was because the Falco player got greedy for position, as many inexperienced Falco players do. He could have remedied the situation by playing a safer and smarter recovery game. He could have DJ'd backwards to make sure that his Forward B actually comes out, he could have tried using Forward B at a higher position...he basically recovered at the wrong spot at the wrong time, every time.

EDIT: I guess I should throw in that Mario's Nair while facing Falco should beat his Forward B every time.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I heard that Falco's side b had no hitbox in front of it and the reason that it goes through attacks is because Falco teleports as he does it. It seems true because I've seen times where I've hit him out of it with a fireball and times where he went through the fireball.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This deserves its own thread? We have a clearly labeled critique thread (which is on the first page) and a video thread. Don't be stupid when you make thread - use common sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom