• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg, Falcon Dive

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... this is probably already known and dismissed, BUT

Falcon Dive can grab hold of an opponent, no matter what they're doing unless its dodging (or maybe Meta's Tornado, I'm not sure).

Ok Pktck, tell me something I don't know. Well, I've noticed that one of Falcon's main problems is that he gets owned with short hopped aerials that continue a combo or are used to approach. He gets overwhelmed :(. SO, I've been trying this out with computers. When they come at you, SHFFL an attack, falcon dive them! :D It stops their aerial from landing (even if its in the middle of the animation), does damage and launches them away. Don't spam it, or they'll obviously catch on.

Well? What do ya'll think? I personally think this could be very useful against Luigi with his 3 aerials per SH. FALCON REJECTION! And the best part is that only Falcon and Gannon have this! (I haven't tested Gannon yet though.)

What a Goodfella

Smash Rookie
It's something I don't use often and probably should definitely apply to my game. I think it can grab MK out of nado. But with Ganon...even if it connects the knockback is so poor that some characters can just follow up with an uair or something on Ganon.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Oh, right. Heh, forgot about that with Ganon. But yeah, I seriously think this has potential. Once I've got some videos of my trying it out, I'll post em to show how it went.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
This could be pretty useful, and if it works against Metaknight's tornado, that would be great.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It beats Nado.

It's also a good counter-approach to things like Marth's fair.

If you have trouble using it OoS, set your Y to special and slide your fingers from X to Y while holding up.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah being able to grab someone in the air gives you so many options, too bad the Dive is so punishable on whiff (and gives you that damn RCO lag).

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
That is good ****. Nice Lionman, and especially against Ally.

A different use I was thinking of would be of more use against Luigi or Marth. Floatly characters with killer fast attacks that will beat pretty much anything Falcon can throw out in the air. So, say you dash at Luigi, he shorthops. The second you see him start to ascend, you can throw out Falcon Dive, predicting that he's trying to approach with a Bair or some other offensive maneuver. Against Falcon, he knows he's going to out prioritize you against just about everything, and so will almost certainly attack after a shorthop rather than air dodge.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
And how legit is is dash-cancelling an ubB? Approach-wise? It would be great if everyone could be expected to go Meta Knight on you and attempt a powershield to dsmash or grab, but I feel like some people/characters would spotdodge. Or something.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
And how legit is is dash-cancelling an ubB? Approach-wise? It would be great if everyone could be expected to go Meta Knight on you and attempt a powershield to dsmash or grab, but I feel like some people/characters would spotdodge. Or something.
Come on, somebody who knows answer me.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
You mean Dash > Falcon dive? I'd use it mid game, dash away from opponent, dash at them as they approach. They almost always will SH attack. Good 4 teh mind gamez.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Mmhm.

Grab release --> Dive on Jiggs isn't guarenteed, right? It seems like the Jiggs gets some freedom to move, if not attack.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
RCO lag is too gay for this to be useful outside of an occasional mindgame.

Top Bottom