• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG. Laijin YL videos! (vs. Drephen is up. Watch me get *****!)

Prac352

Smash Lord
The last time I played him in tourney was at Smash Aid. He 2-1 me in a set.
The last time I played friendlies with him was at G4S4. I ended up two stocking him. o_0

Anyways. wtf are you trying to prove, Prac?
Just that you act all big and bad on swf when you can't really back it up.

You john more than any smasher I know. I lol'd a bit when you said you honestly believed you're on par with Cort.

I dunno, I don't really have any beef with you, you're actually not too bad a guy irl. But for some reason, you come off as arrogant and a total douche online.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Just that you act all big and bad on swf when you can't really back it up.

You john more than any smasher I know. I lol'd a bit when you said you honestly believed you're on par with Cort.

I dunno, I don't really have any beef with you, you're actually not too bad a guy irl. But for some reason, you come off as arrogant and a total douche online.
Huh? Appearently we have some misunderstandings.
I don't try and act bad on swf?
Especially when I know I can't back it up?

If your taking my jonhs seriously: "OMG I LOST BECAUSE I WAS THINKING OF A GIRL".
Then quit life. lol.

In person, your not that bad. But online, you come out to be a complete *******/douche bag as well.

Anyways. I really don't want a silly argument like this in here. So lets just stop arguing now. We won't really get anywhere.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
yeah Rikyu wants to see too... (there's this really gay fox in my area and he acts like the big pro and keep braggin on how much everyone else sucks compared to him.. so yeh, i need to pwn him and humiliate him and crap.)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Unfortunately. PC Chris played his Falcon against me(Which is really good. :\ He beat M2K with it). Those matches won't be seen anytime soon since SleepyK has them.
Anyways..the only Fox match up I recorded was against Col Bol, who placed 9th in the singles tournament. His Fox is a beast and I did'nt do too well against him. But beating Fox can be fairly simple if you know what your doing. I wish I had better vids up against Fox players. :(

My advice is to ban FD and pick a platform stage. If he likes to chase you, then thats good. You can usually run away from him and short hop -> drop bombs as your running away and it'll hit him. As your on a platform, as you jump up from it, you can drop a bomb and it'll usually hit him if he is chasing you. Edge guarding should be no problem as well as Fox is really easy to catch in the lai-fire attack. When he is above you, be sure not to miss any chances when it comes to u-air juggling him. During the u-air juggle, if he is near the edge, ending it with an n-air usually helps(Then proceed with the edge guard).

Overall. It could be a winnable match up if you know what your doing.

Quiksilv

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately. PC Chris played his Falcon against me(Which is really good. :\ He beat M2K with it). Those matches won't be seen anytime soon since SleepyK has them.
Anyways..the only Fox match up I recorded was against Col Bol, who placed 9th in the singles tournament. His Fox is a beast and I did'nt do too well against him. But beating Fox can be fairly simple if you know what your doing. I wish I had better vids up against Fox players. :(

My advice is to ban FD and pick a platform stage. If he likes to chase you, then thats good. You can usually run away from him and short hop -> drop bombs as your running away and it'll hit him. As your on a platform, as you jump up from it, you can drop a bomb and it'll usually hit him if he is chasing you. Edge guarding should be no problem as well as Fox is really easy to catch in the lai-fire attack. When he is above you, be sure not to miss any chances when it comes to u-air juggling him. During the u-air juggle, if he is near the edge, ending it with an n-air usually helps(Then proceed with the edge guard).

Overall. It could be a winnable match up if you know what your doing.
Ah, well he did use falco in some matches in that new york tournament(which he won playing Ken).

By the way Rikyuxz, there is a Young Link vs Fox thread if that helps you any

Prac352

Smash Lord
Huh? Appearently we have some misunderstandings.
I don't try and act bad on swf?
Especially when I know I can't back it up?

If your taking my jonhs seriously: "OMG I LOST BECAUSE I WAS THINKING OF A GIRL".
Then quit life. lol.

In person, your not that bad. But online, you come out to be a complete *******/douche bag as well.

Anyways. I really don't want a silly argument like this in here. So lets just stop arguing now. We won't really get anywhere.
Seriously . . .

I'm talking about your "LAWL I din kno how 2 play PeEch" Johns, or your claims of going even with wes and chaddd. C'mon man, you've been playing this game for years. And you bring up character johns?

Maybe you haven't outright said you're amazing, but you let people think you are and I've had people tell me about how you talk down other smashers.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Seriously . . .

I'm talking about your "LAWL I din kno how 2 play PeEch" Johns, or your claims of going even with wes and chaddd. C'mon man, you've been playing this game for years. And you bring up character johns?

Maybe you haven't outright said you're amazing, but you let people think you are and I've had people tell me about how you talk down other smashers.

Well jeez. If anyone hears me talking down about other smashers, they really should not take me that seriously. :\ I mean really.
And if im making Johns, then thats just me talking. If your gonna take it to heart that i'm just complaining about why I lost, then well.. :| I don't know what to tell you then.

In conclusion. People can think of me however they want to think of me. If they think I suck(Especially if they have never played me. o_0), then whatever. If they think i'm amazing, then awesome since they obviously have a good reason to think that(and its not just random).

But yea. Like I said two times already. I really don't want to argue with you. So i'm not going to reply to your next post.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
Ah, well he did use falco in some matches in that new york tournament(which he won playing Ken).

By the way Rikyuxz, there is a Young Link vs Fox thread if that helps you any
i know.. but it didn;t really help much. oh, laijin, what if he aint chasing me, he's running away instead and then spamming his gun or waiting for me to dmg myself (hit and run)

Edit: [btw this is offtopic] So who are you gonna be maining in brawl under the assumption that windwaker link is either super altered and completely different or he is not simply not in?

Laijin

Smash Hero
i know.. but it didn;t really help much. oh, laijin, what if he aint chasing me, he's running away instead and then spamming his gun or waiting for me to dmg myself (hit and run)

Edit: [btw this is offtopic] So who are you gonna be maining in brawl under the assumption that windwaker link is either super altered and completely different or he is not simply not in?
For campy Foxes, the best approach is to out spam them. They can't shield if their shooting their gun, so just throw bombs over his lasers and Boomerangs through his lasers. If he shines, anticipate it, short hop over him and drop a bomb on his head while going past him(Also works for approaching). If he shines the bomb, the stun will eat him up and he will be open for an attack.
These types of Foxes are the easiest to beat :O

I will main everyone in the game so I will never get counter picked.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
many people at e4all stated that the game was very balanced.. sakurai also stated he wanted to make his game balanced. on that note, there will be no counter-picks.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol try to put up all your matches, not just ones you do well in.

I haven't looked at any of them, but knowing you, lie-johns...

lol jk.

but really. not jk.

but kinda.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
because it's a shoutout to GAWes, and GAWes gets to see all his shoutouts before anyone else.

Chip.

you know what to do
Lmao
unfortunately for you, you had to play against the best Sheik in the nation :laugh:

GGz though, you tried your hardest ^_^

Laijin

Smash Hero
Lmao
unfortunately for you, you had to play against the best Sheik in the nation :laugh:

GGz though, you tried your hardest ^_^
Within that same pool, I had to play: PC Chris, Col Bol and Inui(and two others).
We had 3 first seeds and a few second seeds.
Which ment getting seeds in the first round pool did'nt even matter. :\
It was a badly run tournament and I only won 3 matches in my second round pool :(

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Oooh i saw this match a while ago..nice try Lai

Chip.

you know what to do
KDJ probably is the best Sheik
but Drephen has been more consistent than KDJ (i.e. Drephen gets 5th at 0C3 and VLS, while KDJ just went to VLS and started playing the game again since last year I'm almost sure -_-)

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol.
KDJ is still a ****ing beast. He is by far the best Sheik player i've ever seen(Even today). And he is also one of the coolest smashers since he actually plays OTHER GAMES.
They were playing Guilty Gear at VLS and Korean DJ just drops his gamecube controller and runs over to where they were playing Guilty Gear and was like "GUILTY GEAR!??!?!".

Yea. :\ Most smashers ONLY play smash bros.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Way to generalize the entire community when you don't know at least 95% of it. :ohwell:
Well. Im going off of every smasher I have met. And then taking the percentage and applying it to all of them. Not the entire community. :\
Kinda like how surveys are done. Like.. "85% of all 5 year olds eat candy". This is based off the people they surveyed. :| Its a lot like that.

I will admit. A lot of smashers do play Pokemon. But my point is most smashers(Or the ones I know of) only play competitively in smash bros.

Top Bottom